Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New policy on personal training sessions

Sharing this as I think it's important. Shouldn't just be the policy at my DS's club. Are other clubs doing anything similar?

_________

"Hello Eagleclaw Players and Families,

I hope that each of you is staying healthy and sane in this new reality caused by the COVID-19/Corona Virus pandemic. Hopefully, if we all work together in a socially responsible way, we will get through this safely.

And that is the principal subject of this message - social responsibility. In light of all the recommendations from elected officials and public health professionals, Eagleclaw has suspended its training operations but we are required to do more to comply with the law and public health requirements. I want there to be no doubt that Eagleclaw is complying with its legal obligations and its social responsibilities.

First, it is Eagleclaw's view that the current situation is not an extended Spring Break, a "snow day" or simply an unexpected vacation from school or work. This is not a time for play dates or get-togethers of any kind. Our players' schools have closed for a reason and our training operations have been shut down for the same reason. We have been instructed to stay at home as much as possible. We must do everything we can to slow the infection rate and community transmission rate of the virus.

In the Bay area, 7 counties are now under a "shelter in place" order, meaning that by law people are required to stay at home. We may soon be under similar restrictions.

As a matter of looking out for the health and safety of our players and families and in keeping with our duty to be a socially responsible organization, Eagleclaw is announcing and implementing a new policy regarding personal and group training sessions. Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in such sessions.

This new policy has already been communicated to our coaches and the full text of the policy is below for you to read. It is important that you know exactly what has been communicated to our coaching staff.

If you have any questions or concerns about the new policy, please reach out to me directly.

In difficult times we discover what we are made of. We must all endure sacrifices and inconveniences in these challenging times. Eagleclaw is an extremely strong, resilient and vibrant community of players, families and coaches and we will all get through this safely if we act collectively and in a socially responsible manner. I am not sure if any other clubs or organizations have taken the step we are taking today to clarify our position unequivocally, but we are not waiting. Eagleclaw always leads, especially when it comes to the health and safety of our players and families. I hope you will understand.

Joe Campos
    Executive Director/Technical Director
    Eagleclaw Football Club

NEW POLICY: Until further notice, Eagleclaw coaches may not conduct private in-person training sessions with Eagleclaw players and may not in any way solicit or encourage Eagleclaw players to participate in private training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches. This policy applies to one-on-one sessions and group sessions. This rule has no exceptions. As coaches, we must do our part to support the public health response to the Corona Virus crisis and encourage Eagleclaw players to train at home on their own to keep their skills sharp. We understand that Eagleclaw coaches are part-time employees and on their own time may choose to ignore public health advice and conduct personal or group training sessions with players from other clubs. While we cannot require you not to do so, we strongly encourage you not to do so. We also understand that Eagleclaw players and families may ignore public health advice and seek out personal or group training sessions with other coaches and we cannot prohibit them from doing so. It is important, however, that Eagleclaw coaches not contribute to creating a mentality in the soccer community and among parents and players that it is safe and/or responsible at this time to assemble in any numbers for whatever purpose, training or otherwise. We will be informing Eagleclaw parents today of this policy, so they know personal or group training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches are prohibited until further notice.

I like it! It seems that private training doesn't have many rules. I've heard mostly good but some bad stories (actors).

Glad to see a club do this. Would like to see my Dd's club do this.

Comment

Wait a minute, Eagleclaw acknowledges that" ".... Eagleclaw coaches are ....employees and ...
      (They) may choose to conduct personal or group training sessions with players from other clubs (and) we cannot require you not to do so, we strongly encourage you not to do so."

This policy and email from the club owner is absolutely meeningless. Here is what he is actually saying.

1) our coaches are employees who we are not paying while we suspend training
      2) we don't want any liability if they or you get sick
      3) so we are sure our coaches will have to offer private training to pay their bills. However since we won't pay them indefinitely we also won't stop them
      4) we also won't stop you training with our coaches but we don't recommend you train with out coaches either. "Wink wink"

Does that about sums it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Wait a minute, Eagleclaw acknowledges that" ".... Eagleclaw coaches are ....employees and ...
        (They) may choose to conduct personal or group training sessions with players from other clubs (and) we cannot require you not to do so, we strongly encourage you not to do so."

This policy and email from the club owner is absolutely meeningless. Here is what he is actually saying.

3) so we are sure our coaches will have to offer private training to pay their bills. However since we won't pay them indefinitely we also won't stop them
        4) we also won't stop you training with our coaches but we don't recommend you train with out coaches either. "Wink wink"

As I read it, the policy applies to Eagleclaw coaches. So if they are no longer Eagleclaw coaches, then the policy does not apply to them. And if they are still Eagleclaw coaches, then they are probably being paid. Are any clubs laying off coaches at this point? Seems like that is the next shoe to drop.

Comment

Point #4 seems off the mark. The policy says Eagleclaw coaches should encourage players to train on their own at home. It pretty clearly bans Eagleclaw players from doing personal training sessions with Eagleclaw coaches.....the other part of it is Eagleclaw coaches doing personal training sessions on their own time with non-Eagleclaw players. That's the part they say they can't ban and that seems correct. This COVID thing is exasperating. But they have a point. If we are supposed to be isolating and staying home, then.....

Comment

As for #4. Of course Eagleclaw can ban their employees from working on the side in the industry they hired them for (soccer training). It's in every soccer coach employee agreement or subcontractor agreement (for 1099s) that i have ever seen. The problem is when all the coaches except the DOC are told they are not getting paid no judge would enforce that clause.

Comment

I think it is an extremely positive move by Eagleclaw. If it keeps kids home and not in groups, that's good thing. The young are the transmitters of this virus. We all know coaches run private training sessions to earn a buck, but now is not the time. Where is WYS on this issue?

Comment

What is this board obsession with Eagleclaw? I give 2 *ucks about them.

Comment

What is this board obsession with Eagleclaw? I give 2 *ucks about them.
                  Please, let us know what you would like to have discussed so we can tailor the content on the board to your unique needs, because you are the only person who matters. Have a great day!

Comment

This thread seems to be about Eagleclaw’s policy on personal training sessions, not about Eagleclaw itself. Given what Governor Inslee said tonight, the policy seems very smart And responsible. Stay the *uck home and don’t convince kids/parents to leave home for personal training sessions just so you can make a buck. If you have an opinion about the policy, then weigh in. There are other threads where you can vomit about which clubs you like and dislike.

Comment

don’t convince kids/parents to leave home for personal training sessions just so you can make a buck.
                      Who is advocating for personal training as* wipe?

Inslee is a tool, and so are you. And eagle peni* sucks soccer balls

Comment

Who is advocating for personal training as* wipe?

Inslee is a tool, and so are you. And eagle peni* sucks soccer balls
                        What is wrong with you? Seriously, are you ok?

Comment

What is wrong with you? Seriously, are you ok?
                          Are you ok *ucktard?

Comment

Are you ok *ucktard?
                            So, in the middle of a pandemic, your focus is trolling the local youth soccer board? I'm sorry you're struggling that much.

Comment

That’s right, are you going to teach me a lesson, or keep responding to bs soccer message board posts, idiot/hypocrite

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X