Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep- they are just following the matchfit model- MF will tell you you are one team, and then halfway through move you down, for a new player that has joined the club. ( that isn't even as good ) stay away!
    All about the $$$. Coaches make promises they can't keep except to the new people in the door. Once you have signed the agreement they have you. You have to really trust the coach and club to sign one of these pre-offers.

Comment

All about the $$$. Coaches make promises they can't keep except to the new people in the door. Once you have signed the agreement they have you. You have to really trust the coach and club to sign one of these pre-offers.
      Couldn’t agree more...so important to commit to a team and coach (regardless of club) that you trust and that you know values you as a player and family regardless of who comes in the door next. With that said it is not easy to find such teams and coaches but if you’re lucky enough to come across stick with them (assuming the level of play is appropriate of course).

Comment

This is bull as it locks the players into the club before even being able to look elsewhere. It creates a if we don't do it now vibe. And starting payments before most can even play?Everything is shut down until at least mid April with some leagues/tournaments shuttered until the end of April.

IF my daughter played at CSA I would not take it and would have started looking to move on. CSA DA isn't worth it.

Comment

Any other clubs sending pre-offers out right now?

Comment

Matchfit of course dummy!

Comment

This is bull as it locks the players into the club before even being able to look elsewhere. It creates a if we don't do it now vibe. And starting payments before most can even play?Everything is shut down until at least mid April with some leagues/tournaments shuttered until the end of April.

IF my daughter played at CSA I would not take it and would have started looking to move on. CSA DA isn't worth it.
              To me this is exactly right, but I would note that someone above posted that this was sent out by CSA before the shut down. This is a way for CSA to guarantee the number of kids in the club and have a continuing source of income well before you would need to start paying normally. At the same time you have zero options (unless you want to pay in full and walk away) if your kid gets moved to a different roster or the coach is changed after the season. There are no benefits to saying yes to this type of offer unless your kid and the coach are both locked in for next year.

Comment

Your kid prob not good enough to make CSA DA anyway, but that’s ok your opinion is in the minority...they have some great teams which are highly underrated. If you can grab an advance spot I would highly encourage. Even with the break in action uncertainty. We’ll prob be back in action around Memorial Day or so....

Comment

Your kid prob not good enough to make CSA DA anyway, but that’s ok your opinion is in the minority...they have some great teams which are highly underrated. If you can grab an advance spot I would highly encourage. Even with the break in action uncertainty. We’ll prob be back in action around Memorial Day or so....
                  Great attitude. This isn't about you or your negative opinions about someone else's kid.

If your kid is that good that there is zero chance she gets pushed out during tryouts or during the season by a new person coming in, is guaranteed a spot on her current team with her current coach, and is loves her coach, team, and club then there should be no issue. Take the spot. If any of the above aren't true (which I think is most people), then taking a pre-offer seems like a bad idea.

Comment

Matchfit of course dummy!
                    share the email/offer from MF family

Comment

Great attitude. This isn't about you or your negative opinions about someone else's kid.

If your kid is that good that there is zero chance she gets pushed out during tryouts or during the season by a new person coming in, is guaranteed a spot on her current team with her current coach, and is loves her coach, team, and club then there should be no issue. Take the spot. If any of the above aren't true (which I think is most people), then taking a pre-offer seems like a bad idea.
                      Correct not sure why anyone would accept any offers that require $$$$ tied up especially these days.

Comment

Sorry, mine already plays a year up on a DA team that beats on CSA and doesn't need to worry about playing time. So no thanks to any club that would try to register players this early without tryouts or telling people where they would be.

Comment

Correct not sure why anyone would accept any offers that require $$$$ tied up especially these days.
                          Because they already paid and are now trying to defend the bad decision.

Comment

CSA can’t field DA team without letting players play on other teams. Give me a break their DA teams are a joke.

Comment

usm

Are many clubs requesting upfront fees for 2020-21 season when they are not playing now and who knows what 20-21 will look like?

Comment

CSA can’t field DA team without letting players play on other teams. Give me a break their DA teams are a joke.
                                That’s not true, they have quite a few quality squads, filled with great players and good coaches. Yes the club does have a lot of work to do in terms of fixing what has been a mess for a long time on the girls side, but things are going in right direction with some good leadership and good people running the girls side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X