Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastside adds former sounders u-23's and sounders women

Partnering with the Sounders Women of the WPSL and the Sounders U-23 Men of the USL, Eastside FC proudly announces the addition of Men's U-23 and Women's programs to the club.

https://www.eastsidefc.org/post/efc-...-women-s-teams

What happened with Sounders Women’s thing with Sound FC?

Comment

How is this beneficial to youth soccer?

Comment

Sounds like a money grab, EFC didn't want to pass up extra money. Hey, why not add adult leagues too, there are lots of parent soccer leagues. Mo money, Mo money Money!

No wonder youth sports are declining.

Comment

Does that mean Scott Ford is part of EFC coaching staff, or will be forced too? Could be a good recruiting idea to lock in S.F and T. Reynolds? I can see it now, coach @ EFC or be replaced.

Comment

Why would EFC want to recruit Scott Ford from WPFC? It's not like his teams are killing it at WPFC. We at EFC are happy with our coaches. Thanks

Comment

I didn't realize your teams were killing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Why would EFC want to recruit Scott Ford from WPFC? It's not like his teams are killing it at WPFC. We at EFC are happy with our coaches. Thanks
                Killing it? Stop, just stop lol.

My kid is at Eastside and I can honestly say there are more mediocre coaches than great ones. It has improved slightly with the four new coaches this season. It is the luck of the draw, not just if your kid is in the top team or not. I wish clubs would announce coaches sooner before tryouts because there are a few coaches that will cause parents to switch clubs.

Glad you are happy with your coach. Why don't you say who he/she is to help other parents decide if they want to switch to clubs.

Comment

What tryouts?!

Comment

My kid is at Eastside and I can honestly say there are more mediocre coaches than great ones. It has improved slightly with the four new coaches this season. It is the luck of the draw, not just if your kid is in the top team or not. I wish clubs would announce coaches sooner before tryouts because there are a few coaches that will cause parents to switch clubs.

Glad you are happy with your coach. Why don't you say who he/she is to help other parents decide if they want to switch to clubs.
                    Butt hurt because DS and DD are on the B team.

Comment

Go to another club, we don’t want you...

Comment

I am curious, why does EFC do this? Just seems like more cost, when the club should be focusing on youth development. Go take ISC’s lunch and fields. Or Cascade. That would be so much more impactful than buying a USL League 2 franchise.

Comment

I am curious, why does EFC do this? Just seems like more cost, when the club should be focusing on youth development. Go take ISC’s lunch and fields. Or Cascade. That would be so much more impactful than buying a USL League 2 franchise.
                          The same reason you see Eastside parents driving Range Rovers and Suburbans as commuter cars....they can afford it!!

Comment

Go to another club, we don’t want you...
                            Sure, will do. Come (if there is) tryout time, we will be looking at other clubs b/c Eastside is not serious about help placing players into college ball. Don't get me wrong. Eastside is a fine club with great coaches and fields and it has this country club vibe that is very relaxing and nice people and kids. The envious "problem" is that Eastside is generally very affluent and their kids will attend college with or without soccer. I probably could say that for most clubs on the eastside and Seattle, but it is especially apparent in Eastside FC. Meaning, parents and kids are not that serious about college ball or soccer, in general. It is more like a fun and costly hobby of family fun.

This leave the serious players with the skills and drive to be recruited floundering with bad records and poor team showing at showcases. We have to work even harder and places more burden on the player to be noticed by coaches. Texas showcase was pretty sad and that is where the coaches are going to see players. We basically lost a year of soccer and showcases due to corona. We are considering this a fresh start next season and will be aggressive on deciding which club and team will help my kid reach their dream.

If Eastside is reading this, help the players who can win and are serious about college ball. The players who are not that serious can be on the team and help, but allow the ballers to win for the team. Keep the country club, but keep the ballers happy or keep on losing games and serious players. Good luck.

Comment

What kind of help do you want? Most recruiting is done by players. The club help assist you in your efforts but they themselves do not how the power to get you recruited. No club does.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X