Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay to Spring Soccer Season

I am curious now that practices and games are cancelled for the next month in both club and Superliga I wonder will the kids still get the same number of training, practices and games by extending our season to the end of June? Lots of parents making serious sacrifices to be able to pay for these sports, gear, etc... I think it’s only logical for parents to request that their clubs and towns extend their season into beginning summer. Thoughts?

Has Super Liga made a decision? I haven’t seen an announcement yet.

Comment

Mailing went out from SRI and SuperLiga: all activities are suspended until April 15.

Comment

I hope that means games and practices will go through June. Clubs should also extend seasons until end of June or July.

Comment

Re:

Season should not be extended. Families still have vacations and other events outside of soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Season should not be extended. Families still have vacations and other events outside of soccer.
            People miss games even in the normal season. Reasonable coaches/teams will be understanding if players have to leave during an "extended" season. Other players will have the chance to get in some soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Um people have plans and conflicts all year long. If you miss a game because your on vacation, enjoy your trip and know another kid will get a bit more playing time. Extend the season all summer if needed. Don’t worry about people plans... silly.

Comment

This delay is not only crushing kids who need sports as an outlet from academics. It’s possibly a loss of love of the sport. Kids are now watching more tv and on computers for distance learning. No PE, bad weather, no soccer until who knows means some kids just might exit the sport. The game is social and competitive not meant to be learned on you tube. Clubs need to push to give these kids soccer back soon. This summer may be the spring season. That’s fine let’s do it to save it. Even if it means telling parents to stand 6 feet away from each other.

Comment

Got the email today.

RIDOH, Super Liga is extending the postponement of all games through May 1st. To date, tentatively scheduled start date of the 2020 Spring Super Liga season will be May 2nd.

The Super Liga will be revising the currently in place schedule this week and will contact their members coordinators with an update by next weekend. All in person soccer trainings, clinics, academies and practices are restricted until April 15.

Really hope with games starting May 2 that the season extends a few weeks longer too.
                  May 1-July 1 I hope!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X