Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No way dude. Force mejeur does not mean clubs can “Take the Money and Run” . As a Deadhead I hate to reference that song in such a materialistic way, but it’s a classic.
    That’s Steve Miller Band, mr. Bernie bro!!

Comment

That’s Steve Miller Band, mr. Bernie bro!!
      They never said it wasn’t. Only said they were a deadhead and those folk love Steve Miller , trump sister!

Comment

They never said it wasn’t. Only said they were a deadhead and those folk love Steve Miller , trump sister!
        Oh snap, Trump sister! Oh no you didn’t?! Well played Bernie bro.

Comment

I hope all the parents who have paid the $3k-4K for these big names clubs now regret that move. Find a team where there is no fee !

Comment

I hope all the parents who have paid the $3k-4K for these big names clubs now regret that move. Find a team where there is no fee !
            Or buy player insurance.

Comment

Or buy player insurance.
              Yes! I was feeling like an idiot for buying the insurance at World Class. Now I'm looking like a pretty smart fella, and we have done enough showcases to have my daughter committed by the June acceptance date, and I save money on gas, no Jeff Cup needed

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2673036]Yes! I was feeling like an idiot for buying the insurance at World Class. Now I'm looking like a pretty smart fella, and we have done enough showcases to have my daughter committed by the June acceptance date, and I save money on gas, no Jeff Cup needed[/QUO

Unlucky I would say. Her game we be at an all time low when she starts pre-season and her new team will Acknowledge this . So many parents cut their kid back once they get recruited and it really sets them up with very undesirable roles on their new team. You play and prep to get better even after committing.

Comment

Yes! I was feeling like an idiot for buying the insurance at World Class. Now I'm looking like a pretty smart fella, and we have done enough showcases to have my daughter committed by the June acceptance date, and I save money on gas, no Jeff Cup needed
                  How much is WC?

Comment

At most clubs you've been paid in full by January, February at the latest. Good luck finding one that lets you go well into the spring on payments.

Comment

How much is WC?
                      ECNL is $2800, ECRL is $2300, lower levels are significantly less. Not sure how much the insurance was (maybe $50?)

Comment

ECNL is $2800, ECRL is $2300, lower levels are significantly less. Not sure how much the insurance was (maybe $50?)
                        I just read my insurance policy and it only covers us if our player is medically unfit to participate in the sport of soccer as deemed by a medical professional.

I am about of luck

Comment

That's so funny, I was thinking the exact opposite! My 2004 D played in 3 showcases already this year, had a private ID event with her club and had college coaches lining the sidelines for her first few league games. Talked to her coach who said he's been contacted by college coaches X, Y & Z who reached out to tell him they're all still very interested in my D and that players should not be worried about cancellations (showcase or season if it comes to that) because most coaches have seen enough to proceed without additional events. I literally thought to myself, OK if everything gets cancelled at least my kid got something out of the season!
                          Granted, if I were involved in a younger non-recruiting age group, I'd probably be very annoyed!

Comment

I just read my insurance policy and it only covers us if our player is medically unfit to participate in the sport of soccer as deemed by a medical professional.

I am about of luck
                            World Class Insurance reads as follows :"The policy covers your investment in case of injury (on or off the field), illness, and other unforseen circumstances that may cause your child to miss an entire season, or portion of their season."

Comment

That's so funny, I was thinking the exact opposite! My 2004 D played in 3 showcases already this year, had a private ID event with her club and had college coaches lining the sidelines for her first few league games. Talked to her coach who said he's been contacted by college coaches X, Y & Z who reached out to tell him they're all still very interested in my D and that players should not be worried about cancellations (showcase or season if it comes to that) because most coaches have seen enough to proceed without additional events. I literally thought to myself, OK if everything gets cancelled at least my kid got something out of the season!
                              Granted, if I were involved in a younger non-recruiting age group, I'd probably be very annoyed!
                              Coaches still operating under old recruiting rules for that age group, top players won't skip a beat-they've been on the short list for a year already, if the rules didn't change they'd be committed. The kids that will get screwed will be the lower level leagues and clubs that rely on showcases like Jeff Cup and ID clinics, to get in front of coaches.

Comment

World Class Insurance reads as follows :"The policy covers your investment in case of injury (on or off the field), illness, and other unforseen circumstances that may cause your child to miss an entire season, or portion of their season."
                                There is no season to miss. No refund.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X