When do the clubs begin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the entire season is scrapped (which is possible) smart clubs should give some kind of refund, even if it isn't exact on a pro rated basis. Don't make an effort and you're going to tick off a lot of families. If the delay is a few weeks then time can be made up later on and refunds won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes, I want the training. There is no risk to my child's health training. If you think otherwise, you either arent following what is occurring or not intelligent enough to understand.

Your staff is your problem. You should have taken out the proper insurance. If you dont provide a service that you have been paid for you must refund the amount paid. This isnt exactly novel.
      The virus is novel actually :)

Comment

If the leagues decide to extend we play the games. I have a trip planned to Rome with 16 families for the Euros leaving June 30. I have no expectation we will be going to Rome. A good number of our families travel home to their countries I seriously doubt they will be. If seasons are cancelled refunds will go out. It will be a test of what clubs can handle and how they treat you. There are some operations that will cease to exist if they don't do the right thing.

Since you are so much smarter than the rest of us what is it you think should be done?
        Nothing has to be done. Force Mejeure. Suckers!

Comment

Nothing has to be done. Force Mejeure. Suckers!
          This is not a state of emergency and in the military. Its not force majoer. I get my money if i dont get my product. Plain and simple. The clubs have fields and the trainers are not in danger nor are my kids. Refund NOW or practice starts when promised!!! End of story. Law school wanna be!

Comment

This is not a state of emergency and in the military. Its not force majoer. I get my money if i dont get my product. Plain and simple. The clubs have fields and the trainers are not in danger nor are my kids. Refund NOW or practice starts when promised!!! End of story. Law school wanna be!
            Valid arguments both ways. How about a third: just give a credit on Fall's tuition, assuming teams still practice but there's no league?

Comment

What happens if you want to change clubs? Some kids want to move if going from 5v5 to 7v7 or 7v7 to 9v9 or 9v9 to 11 v 11.

Just refund the $$. You didnt provide the service paid for. There is nothing that is prohibiting the clubs from actually training....right?! If the government steps in and says no more congregations of more than 50, then you have BI insurance that kicks in.

Comment

Sorry guys no refunds the trainers and coaches gotta eat y’all

Comment

Then start training not postponing.

Comment

LOL, Cuomo literally declared NY in a state of emergency...now most of us know that doesn't mean a literal state of crisis, but good luck trying to get a penny from any of these clubs.

Comment

Valid arguments both ways. How about a third: just give a credit on Fall's tuition, assuming teams still practice but there's no league?
                      We have to see how long this lasts. If it's short term clubs and leagues can make up time or even extend the season longer. If the season is killed then clubs will be pressured to return at least some portion of fees. I would take a credit for the fall assuming 1) we were 100% certain we were returning 2) I was confident the club was in solid financial footing and should be able to weather the storm. Clubs will save some money not having to pay for referees and field rentals but they need to pay coaches too.

Comment

They should just play with hazmat suits on, what is the big deal????

Comment

We have to see how long this lasts. If it's short term clubs and leagues can make up time or even extend the season longer. If the season is killed then clubs will be pressured to return at least some portion of fees. I would take a credit for the fall assuming 1) we were 100% certain we were returning 2) I was confident the club was in solid financial footing and should be able to weather the storm. Clubs will save some money not having to pay for referees and field rentals but they need to pay coaches too.
                          They don’t have to refund if their contact has a “force mejeur” clause . I know it seems unfair but if you agreed to that with a signature you are not legally entitled to anything. Welcome the the REAL WORLD.

Comment

They don’t have to refund if their contact has a “force mejeur” clause . I know it seems unfair but if you agreed to that with a signature you are not legally entitled to anything. Welcome the the REAL WORLD.
                            Contracts by and large are very non specific and protect the clubs, not the customer

Comment

Force menure, why make someone go to the bathroom??

Comment

Contracts by and large are very non specific and protect the clubs, not the customer
                                No way dude. Force mejeur does not mean clubs can “Take the Money and Run” . As a Deadhead I hate to reference that song in such a materialistic way, but it’s a classic.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X