Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    danillo is basically supplemental training, is he not? Your argument that this is a "team sport" does not apply.

Aside from him taking select kids to futsal championships in NJ. all girls play for other teams.

Like I said before...If your kid is not working hard enough, not showing the most enthusiasm at practice, ect. The problem is not the coach/trainer...its the kid.

When you show up to practice (no matter the age) you come prepared to work hard, show up ready to ask questions, show up with a sparkle in your eye ready and eager to learn and get better, quicker, stronger, smarter.

If your kid is not doing this...Its on them and YOU are probably just wasting your money.
    I agree with nearly everything you wrote except this statement...."If your kid is not doing this...Its on them and YOU are probably just wasting your money." Most often it's NOT on the kid, it's on the parent. The kid doesnt want to be there, and the parents are forcing this additional training on the kid, trying to live through that kid.

Comment

danillo is basically supplemental training, is he not? Your argument that this is a "team sport" does not apply.

Aside from him taking select kids to futsal championships in NJ. all girls play for other teams.

Like I said before...If your kid is not working hard enough, not showing the most enthusiasm at practice, ect. The problem is not the coach/trainer...its the kid.

When you show up to practice (no matter the age) you come prepared to work hard, show up ready to ask questions, show up with a sparkle in your eye ready and eager to learn and get better, quicker, stronger, smarter.

If your kid is not doing this...Its on them and YOU are probably just wasting your money.
      Danilo also trains teams. I know this because he used to train my daughters team. That is where I first hand witnessed his deficiencies in dealing with entire teams. I fully agree that his supplemental small group training is great. But he hasn't learned, at least at the point he was training my daughters team, how to effectively improve an entire team.

Comment

Danilo Vittorato Trainer Rating

Danilo also trains teams. I know this because he used to train my daughters team. That is where I first hand witnessed his deficiencies in dealing with entire teams. I fully agree that his supplemental small group training is great. But he hasn't learned, at least at the point he was training my daughters team, how to effectively improve an entire team.
        well then thank you for admitting that you did not do your homework.

It is a well known fact that danillo is a multi-time national championship futsal player.

(futsal is 5v5) his skills with the ball are incredible to watch....based on this how would you ever assume that he can train/coach teams that play 11v11?

Comment

It is a well known fact that danillo is a multi-time national championship futsal player.

(futsal is 5v5) his skills with the ball are incredible to watch....based on this how would you ever assume that he can train/coach teams that play 11v11?
          There was no homework to be done. I wasn't the coach of that team. I have been coaching for a long time but for that team I was just a parent. I only chimed in here to tell others of my experience.

I'll say it again, he is great in small groups teaching skills. He isn't great dealing with larger groups. But my complaint about larger groups has far less to do with 11v11 as much as he just doesn't bother teaching the entire team, but instead concentrates on the few kids that catch his attention. That's fine if his job is to identify talent for higher play. But it's not fine if his job is to train the entire team and to make the entire team better, which is what he was hired to do at the time.

Comment

There was no homework to be done. I wasn't the coach of that team. I have been coaching for a long time but for that team I was just a parent. I only chimed in here to tell others of my experience.

I'll say it again, he is great in small groups teaching skills. He isn't great dealing with larger groups. But my complaint about larger groups has far less to do with 11v11 as much as he just doesn't bother teaching the entire team, but instead concentrates on the few kids that catch his attention. That's fine if his job is to identify talent for higher play. But it's not fine if his job is to train the entire team and to make the entire team better, which is what he was hired to do at the time.
            Id be skeptical of drawing any conclusions based on one experience. Most people Ive spoken with think very highly of DV. Truth be told they are all within the futsal and small sided games space.

Comment

I had the same exact experience with Danilo and posted a few months back when someone was asking about him. If you are paying him specifically to train your kid 1 on 1 it may be ok but for a team he sucks.

As the above poster said he only teaches a couple of kids that catch his eye. The rest he ignores completely.

Comment

I had the same exact experience with Danilo and posted a few months back when someone was asking about him. If you are paying him specifically to train your kid 1 on 1 it may be ok but for a team he sucks.

As the above poster said he only teaches a couple of kids that catch his eye. The rest he ignores completely.
                as a competitive athlete. Make sure you are the one that shines.

Comment

as a competitive athlete. Make sure you are the one that shines.
                  Why is this guy even a topic of conversation still ? He is irrelevent now adays
                  Futsal he is good at. Business and attitude he is not good at !

Comment

Are you Danillo? Or his mom?

Or just his #1 fan?

Comment

Why is this guy even a topic of conversation still ? He is irrelevent now adays
                      Futsal he is good at. Business and attitude he is not good at !
                      I'm not paying him to be my business advisor or my kids best friend.
                      He is making my kids individual skills better...This is why I pay him.

Comment

You get tennis scholarships not
                        Ping pong.

You get association football scholarships not
                        Futsal

It’s a pastime and a lot of fun but it’s a distraction for any serious full field player or parent. But it is a lot of fun.

Comment

I'm not paying him to be my business advisor or my kids best friend.
                          He is making my kids individual skills better...This is why I pay him.
                          I hope you keep your wife away from him. Unless you are into that type of stuff of course

Comment

You get tennis scholarships not
                            Ping pong.

You get association football scholarships not
                            Futsal

It’s a pastime and a lot of fun but it’s a distraction for any serious full field player or parent. But it is a lot of fun.
                            futsal teaches fast paced and fast decision making.
                            Short quick movements, many many many touches on the ball (a hell lot more than traditional 11v11 soccer).

Futsal is great training to develop your individual skills (as you player higher level like college and beyond) you will need these skills....Its great supplemental training.

But you are right no scholarships for ping pong or futsal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X