Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need more Zoloft, your continued whiny is pathetic, go find a bridge already....
    Awww.... you dont like any spot-on criticism of what NY has to offer? Offer something better then if you want some positive reviews.

Comment

Awww.... you dont like any spot-on criticism of what NY has to offer? Offer something better then if you want some positive reviews.
      Its not that, its your constant negativity, anyone can complain, go ahead and reinvent the wheel smart-guy....

Comment

NY also has coronavirus to offer, please take some....

Comment

Its not that, its your constant negativity, anyone can complain, go ahead and reinvent the wheel smart-guy....
          Is this real talking soccer or drink all the BS kool-aid served and shut-up talking soccer?

Comment

In terms of leagues, boys and girls don't exactly share the same pathway. For girls, ECNL has been well-established as the top league in the pyramid for years. GDA is a very recent and somewhat unproven challenger to ECNL, and the debate continues as to which is the better league for recruitment/exposure. I think it is fair to say that the GDA was formed with the intention of overtaking ECNL as the top platform for girls, but hasn't been conclusively accepted as such as of yet. From what I have been told, many college coaches will recruit equally from both ECNL and GDA, with some continuing to have a preference for ECNL players.

For boys, DA is unquestionably the top of the league pyramid, as Boy's ECNL is also a very recent creation and has not existed long enough to establish itself as a challenger. Before anyone goes crazy, I will make the disclaimer that, yes, there are non-DA teams out there that can certainly compete with DA teams, and that there are certainly players in non-DA leagues that could excel at the DA level if given the opportunity; however, from top to bottom, DA remains the strongest league, and is where the majority (not all) of top-level talent goes to play. For example, in clubs with both DA and ECNL teams, the ECNL teams would be considered the "B" team to the DA. Thus, while both leagues have various national and regional showcase/scouting events, I think it would be fair to say that those looking for post high-school options will get more exposure from the DA.

That being said, boys ECNL does remain a solid option for boys who don't (for whatever reason) play at a DA club. ECNL may be a better fit logistically, and does allow for participation in HS soccer (DA does not). The level of play is still high, and the opportunity for being ID'ed by college programs is there.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
            I think the above is true for boys *for the time being* as the restructuring of the DA into tier 1 (MLS and strong clubs) and tier 2 (everyone else) has not fully shaken out. When it does, the DA tier 1 will unequivocally be the top tier, but my sense is that what comes below that will be a crapshoot of DA tier 2, ECNL, and even EDP National.

Comment

Especially on the DA side pretty slim pickings. At least the ECNL teams are somewhat competitive, esp WCFC as they are very good.
              majority of wc players are NJ if you care check. they are a good club as they charge the right amount and provide the right exposure.

Comment

Especially on the DA side pretty slim pickings. At least the ECNL teams are somewhat competitive, esp WCFC as they are very good.
                Depends on age. The 2007 WCFC team is not that great and players are leaving.

Comment

For what its worth, the UmassW coach told me, to my face, that he prefers ECNL players, did not say why, but one can extrapolate....
                  Because they will commit for no money

Comment

Depends on age. The 2007 WCFC team is not that great and players are leaving.
                    Where are they going?

Comment

Where are they going?
                      Quarantine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X