Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Barca?

NYCSL Schedule for Spring 2019, not a single home game for Barca teams scheduled yet. Most every other club has their home games scheduled. I know there's still about 4 weeks to kickoff, but what's up with that? Anybody have any insight into whether there is something going on there?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NYCSL Schedule for Spring 2019, not a single home game for Barca teams scheduled yet. Most every other club has their home games scheduled. I know there's still about 4 weeks to kickoff, but what's up with that? Anybody have any insight into whether there is something going on there?
    OP: that is the Spring 2020 schedule of coures. I like drinking Port while soccer blogging....

Comment

As an insider, Barca has been focused on their trips to Europe for spring, once they know if they'll be fielding teams to travel then they'll begin to schedule games. I also understand that they have field permits already at three different locations, but with 53 teams to manage now, they've got a lot of work to do to schedule everything.

Comment

Barca NY is on Long Island.

Comment

Where's Barca?

my kids are in there 3rd year with barcany its like this prior to every season. we usually don't know where we are going until within a week of the first game.

Comment

my kids are in there 3rd year with barcany its like this prior to every season. we usually don't know where we are going until within a week of the first game.
            If you are an "A" type, it drives you crazy, its that laid back euro thing. "Don't worry, it will happen. Why are you all always in a rush. Relax, chill".... unfortunately New Yorkers are not usually that way. I think my "A" type relaxes when I see them play, the camaraderie, and that they are happy playing with them. Someone said something about them and their trips I have to tell you the smile after the trip to Barcelona and the VIP treatment they got, trained at La Masia, seeing Messi play at Camp Nou. A life experience even if they don't go on to future soccer fame. Sorry I am starting to like the taste of the Barca koolaid.

So relax and you will get an email a few days before your first game.

Comment

If you are an "A" type, it drives you crazy, its that laid back euro thing. "Don't worry, it will happen. Why are you all always in a rush. Relax, chill".... unfortunately New Yorkers are not usually that way. I think my "A" type relaxes when I see them play, the camaraderie, and that they are happy playing with them. Someone said something about them and their trips I have to tell you the smile after the trip to Barcelona and the VIP treatment they got, trained at La Masia, seeing Messi play at Camp Nou. A life experience even if they don't go on to future soccer fame. Sorry I am starting to like the taste of the Barca koolaid.

You can't say its euro, maybe southern euro. Germans so not subscribe to that attitude...
              My kids not at Barca Academy, but I confess that I like the idea of it. Its a bit far for me to move my kid there at their age, we'll wait a few years to see if my kid's really committed. Just curious, are the trips to Barcelona a requirement for the Barca Academy players?

Comment

Where's Barca?

i am relax...and it doesn't bother me...it is what it is....and yes the VIP treatment in Barcelona and the dinner at Camp Nou was awesome!!!!!

Comment

You can't say its euro, maybe southern euro. Germans so not subscribe to that attitude...
                  My kids not at Barca Academy, but I confess that I like the idea of it. Its a bit far for me to move my kid there at their age, we'll wait a few years to see if my kid's really committed. Just curious, are the trips to Barcelona a requirement for the Barca Academy players?
                  Not a requirement at all. They offer it for the experience and what a great experience it is.

Comment

The trips are optional since you have to pay for them outside to the yearly fees. When my kid went they combined 3 years age groups ( which they do alot anyway in practice and games) to form a team for the trip so they can play in the tournaments. The experience though is worth the expense. I don't know if I could swing it every year ( or for some of the high level teams 2x's a year as they travel to tourneys- Fla, Dominican Rep) due to the expense. But you have to let them go at least once. A lifetime memory

Comment

The trips are optional since you have to pay for them outside to the yearly fees. When my kid went they combined 3 years age groups ( which they do alot anyway in practice and games) to form a team for the trip so they can play in the tournaments. The experience though is worth the expense. I don't know if I could swing it every year ( or for some of the high level teams 2x's a year as they travel to tourneys- Fla, Dominican Rep) due to the expense. But you have to let them go at least once. A lifetime memory
                      Or maybe they haven't been paying certain things and are now being locked out of their fields ? You should inquire about that.

Comment

A week later, the club seems to have scheduled their home games. I've never been to 5 towns college before.

Comment

A week later, the club seems to have scheduled their home games. I've never been to 5 towns college before.
                          Hopefully they got a deposit up front. They are stiffing everyone

Comment

Hopefully they got a deposit up front. They are stiffing everyone
                            How do you know this?

Comment

How do you know this?
                              Don't you wonder why the constant rotation ? Or read what others with knowledge post ? (The real stuff anyway)
                              They have been stiffing venues left and right over the last couple of years. Just ask.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X