Corona Virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure it's not a big deal to healthy young or middle aged people but if you have older relatives in the area a 10-20% mortality rate in that population is a little scary.

Comment

Read online people from Seattle traveling to conferences in other states are being asked not to attend. It’s a good decision for clubs not to travel until tests are more available.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This is ridiculous. Soccer travel should not be canceled. My goodness people, this virus isn’t even a threat to healthy individuals, especially the young. Better chance of severe complications from flu. Just another reason for soccer parents to freak out! Why am I not surprised?
        I'm thinking this post was made as a joke.

Comment

I'm thinking this post was made as a joke.
          If only...

Comment

Seattle is starting to cancel major events. Folks are dropping out of the Emerald City Comicon, which is a huge event this weekend. King County has like 5 meetings on a list of cancellations. College basketball games are getting cancelled. I would definitely tell older family members not to venture out to your kids soccer games and maybe put the nix on high fives. Kids may be out of danger but they can still carry it to their older family members.

Comment

1 month ago,
              sheep: "What virus what? That is fear talk. If it was a problem the news would talk about it.

Now:
              sheep: "Didn't you hear? The news is talking about virus! If is deadly! The news said so.
              me: .......

Comment

Seattle is starting to cancel major events. Folks are dropping out of the Emerald City Comicon, which is a huge event this weekend. King County has like 5 meetings on a list of cancellations. College basketball games are getting cancelled. I would definitely tell older family members not to venture out to your kids soccer games and maybe put the nix on high fives. Kids may be out of danger but they can still carry it to their older family members.
                stop it! more people have been killed by drunk drivers the past month than have died from this virus. Should we also stop driving too??

Comment

Stop what? Seattle is cancelling major events. I didn't say don't go.

Comment

none

I think the corona virus in Washington is way worst than people yet know. I think there are a lot of people who are infected but don't realize it. UW Medical Center will be testing 1000 people a week very soon.
                    This is exactly why we'll find out that the mortality rate is, therefore, much lower than currently being published as the mild cases are not being tested and published. Just for context, this is what the flu is doing in the US as we speak, and basically does every year.

Per National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) - just for 2020:
                    Week 1 387 flu deaths
                    Week 2 404 flu deaths
                    Week 3 399 flu deaths
                    Week 4 425 flu deaths
                    Week 5 386 flu deaths
                    Week 6 381 flu deaths
                    Week 7 313 flu deaths
                    ------
                    total in 2020 = 2695 flu deaths in US in less than 2 months

Comment

Of course it's not a threat to healthy people but healthy people can spread the disease.

Idaho currently has no cases of coronavirus, so of course we should send busloads of kids from the current disease hotspot to play soccer! Who cares if somebody's grandma gets coronavirus and dies of pneumonia, amirite? She was old anyway. Priorities, people!
                      Not only grandparents. A lot of soccer parents are over 50. Previously healthy doctors and others over 50 are also dying of this virus. Know anyone with asthma? That’s also an preexisting condition which puts you in the high risk category for this virus. Most kids will have mild symptoms but will be carriers to infect all sorts of others. The sky isn’t falling but it might if people are idiots and disregard precautions to spreading this novel virus.

Comment

none

So did other clubs cancel trips?

Comment

Exactly. Be smart, wash your hands but realize there are certain folks in the population we should be taking extra care around. And for god sake, don't buy out all the toilet paper!

Comment

1 month ago,
                            sheep: "What virus what? That is fear talk. If it was a problem the news would talk about it.

Now:
                            sheep: "Didn't you hear? The news is talking about virus! If is deadly! The news said so.
                            me: .......
                            Ok, Trumper

Comment

For all the people who believe the current outbreak and future outbreaks to come are faux news... Please by all means, take your kids to large gatherings, tournaments, airports. Bring the grandparents to see your kid's games. After all, soccer is the most important thing on earth.

Thinning out the herd is not so bad...

Comment

Not only grandparents. A lot of soccer parents are over 50. Previously healthy doctors and others over 50 are also dying of this virus. Know anyone with asthma? That’s also an preexisting condition which puts you in the high risk category for this virus. Most kids will have mild symptoms but will be carriers to infect all sorts of others. The sky isn’t falling but it might if people are idiots and disregard precautions to spreading this novel virus.
                                Most of the kids with asthma might not die but they’ll suffer probably further damage to their lungs negatively effecting them for life. Even the young with asthma, diabetes and such should be very careful to avoid this virus.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X