Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSC going under?

Cancelled all training for two weeks in the middle of the winter season. Blaming it on highschool availability or something. Did they run out of money for paying field fees? Either out of money or completely mismanaged. Who will profit most from their collapse? west side or FCP?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cancelled all training for two weeks in the middle of the winter season. Blaming it on highschool availability or something. Did they run out of money for paying field fees? Either out of money or completely mismanaged. Who will profit most from their collapse? west side or FCP?
    Could be what it says. Grass fields are not open yet, and lacrosse and baseball are making quite a few turf fields unavailable. Hillsboro park and rec is nowhere near as good as THPRD, and unlike FC they have no "permanent" home training ground.

I have no involvement with HSC, but would not assume they are in trouble.

As far as who might "benefit" were they to go under--they seem to serve a more Latino demographic than FC does, and their dalliance with GPS notwithstanding, focus on being more of a lower-cost community club than one with aspirations to being "premier", travelling, etc.

Longer term, I wonder if we're heading to an era or more "superclubs" (very large organizations like UPDX, or groups of clubs that combine to support a premier team, like OPFC). But who might pick up their membership, don't ask me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X