Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSA buying Fury, then selling to an Italian club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Club in

"Funculo"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Both were opened by PR. Fc Albertson fury folded last summer when they were kicked out of da. Or then offered players GE liked to come over to fc fury da.
      Albertson fury da was created when Albertson list ecnl and now its history
      Thank you for the info. Let me see if I get this straight, Albertson Fury (which folded) and FC Fury are different? And Fury is a DA team, and Albertson Fury is not?

There is an Albertson Fury boys team in ECNL northeast, but is that not FC fury? i am sorry but, I'm still struggling with it all and I'm curious about it but I can't follow the story by putting pieces together from random blog postings.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Let me see if I get this straight, Albertson Fury (which folded) and FC Fury are different? And Fury is a DA team, and Albertson Fury is not?

I think this is what happened. There is an Albertson Fury boys team in ECNL northeast, but is that not FC fury? i am sorry but, I'm still struggling with it all and I'm curious about it but I can't follow the story by putting pieces together from random blog postings.
        Albertson Fury is (was) a club in ECNL on the girls side. They were awarded GDA, but ECNL forced them to choose, so FC Fury was created to take the GDA program as a separate entity from Albertson Fury. Then Albertson Fury got kicked out of ECNL, so they convinced USSF to let them in GDA, so there were both Albertson Fury and FC Fury GDA teams. And then Albertson Fury fell apart and had to drop out of GDA.

Albertson Fury on the boys side never had any part of FC Fury.

Comment

Albertson Fury is (was) a club in ECNL on the girls side. They were awarded GDA, but ECNL forced them to choose, so FC Fury was created to take the GDA program as a separate entity from Albertson Fury. Then Albertson Fury got kicked out of ECNL, so they convinced USSF to let them in GDA, so there were both Albertson Fury and FC Fury GDA teams. And then Albertson Fury fell apart and had to drop out of GDA.

Albertson Fury on the boys side never had any part of FC Fury.
          What I dont understand is the part about "FC Fury was created to take the GDA program". Was there a financial transaction involved? Why would US soccer just let their GDA program be shuttled around like that? Can these GDA programs actually be bought and sold as is being discussed?

Comment

What I dont understand is the part about "FC Fury was created to take the GDA program". Was there a financial transaction involved? Why would US soccer just let their GDA program be shuttled around like that? Can these GDA programs actually be bought and sold as is being discussed?
            USSF trusted Paul Riley's management of this, that Paul would take Albertson's best girls players and teams with him to FC Fury so that they could claim GDA was better than ECNL. Same thing happened with EMSC giving it's GDA to LISC and WCFC giving it's GDA to NYCFC.

Comment

USSF trusted Paul Riley's management of this, that Paul would take Albertson's best girls players and teams with him to FC Fury so that they could claim GDA was better than ECNL. Same thing happened with EMSC giving it's GDA to LISC and WCFC giving it's GDA to NYCFC.
              Thanks again, I appreciate finding out this history, since its not really written down anywhere. now I think I understand it all, and more.

Comment

Not correct. Albertson Fury was the original club and had ECNL. Never were granted DA. Riley created FC Fury and somehow got DA without ever having been in existence. Then Alberston Fury is ECNL, so Riley created yet another entity FC Albertson Fury and was granted DA there too. But they lost DA after only one year. So now Albertson Fury has the younger girls teams then FC Fury takes over at a certain age. Problem is FC Fury is on life support due to him blatantly breaking the no HS rule which caused many players to be suspended . Bottom line stay away from anything that has his fingerprints on it.

Comment

Not correct. Albertson Fury was the original club and had ECNL. Never were granted DA. Riley created FC Fury and somehow got DA without ever having been in existence. Then Alberston Fury is ECNL, so Riley created yet another entity FC Albertson Fury and was granted DA there too. But they lost DA after only one year. So now Albertson Fury has the younger girls teams then FC Fury takes over at a certain age. Problem is FC Fury is on life support due to him blatantly breaking the no HS rule which caused many players to be suspended . Bottom line stay away from anything that has his fingerprints on it.
                  The HS rule being broken is not just a FC Fury problem so get over yourselves. Other GDAs like CSA broke the rules and had players suspended too. We’ll see if anything changes going forward but I highly doubt it....it’s actually not fair to the players that are following the rules and not playing HS.

Comment

The HS rule being broken is not just a FC Fury problem so get over yourselves. Other GDAs like CSA broke the rules and had players suspended too. We’ll see if anything changes going forward but I highly doubt it....it’s actually not fair to the players that are following the rules and not playing HS.
                    But not letting a kid play HS soccer that wants to play HS soccer is unfair. If kids want to play HS but give it up because of a silly rule,,,,,why? Just play in one of the many leagues that allow HS. Life requires enough real sacrifices so why impose a useless one. Makes zero sense.

Comment

SUSA buying Fury, then selling to an Italian club?

But not letting a kid play HS soccer that wants to play HS soccer is unfair. If kids want to play HS but give it up because of a silly rule,,,,,why? Just play in one of the many leagues that allow HS. Life requires enough real sacrifices so why impose a useless one. Makes zero sense.
                      yea, just check the bios on the players on the US mens national team. THEY ALL PLAYED HS!! I think that is the ultimate goal of any youth soccer player...no?

Comment

It's a dumb rule, agreed. but everyone knows the rule, and Riley allowed it as owner of his club. Dumb rule, dumber decision to let it happen.

Comment

It's a dumb rule, agreed. but everyone knows the rule, and Riley allowed it as owner of his club. Dumb rule, dumber decision to let it happen.
                          I don't necessarily think it's a dumb rule, I just think it's a dumb rule for what GDA is. If it were truly a league for the top level of talent in the nation, then HS soccer wouldn't even be a factor. But it's not, so it is...

Comment

Can't speak for other places, but on LI where school sports are well funded and very popular, not sure there are enough girls that want to skip it to run two GDA clubs. Season is only about 10 weeks and a good chance to get all the talent out there competing instead of only the higher-income talent you see in the fancy youth leagues.

Comment

Can't speak for other places, but on LI where school sports are well funded and very popular, not sure there are enough girls that want to skip it to run two GDA clubs. Season is only about 10 weeks and a good chance to get all the talent out there competing instead of only the higher-income talent you see in the fancy youth leagues.
                              Obviously there aren't, but the bigger issue is there aren't enough girls of high level caliber to be running 2 GDA clubs, regardless of the HS issue. Especially once they broke out all the age groups...the whole thing is just ridiculous

Comment

It's unethical but why would it be illegal? And yes, this happened.
                                The practice of wiping out a town program through a bribe or "payment" to a board member of a non-profit club that should be representing the club members/community not "his" financial interests, could be argued to be a form of racketeering.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. This practice may be occurring but it is criminal from both sides.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X