Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did love it when we beat up on crappy/overrated PDA teams in the summer tourneys that was something!
    i'm sorry what crappy pda/overrated teams lost to a red bulls showcase team? pls educate.

Comment

I did love it when we beat up on crappy/overrated PDA teams in the summer tourneys that was something!
      You are talking about Select teams, with players who train and play at other clubs. Those players do not get their training at red bulls. My daughter plays with them on the winter and summer teams. Don't get mad, but we do not pay at all. She plays at an ECNL club during the year, and then when the select teams play, we get the call asking if she can play with them at their tournaments. Gonna make you even madder now, but since she does play, my 2 younger sons get to play for free too

Comment

You are talking about Select teams, with players who train and play at other clubs. Those players do not get their training at red bulls. My daughter plays with them on the winter and summer teams. Don't get mad, but we do not pay at all. She plays at an ECNL club during the year, and then when the select teams play, we get the call asking if she can play with them at their tournaments. Gonna make you even madder now, but since she does play, my 2 younger sons get to play for free too
        Not mad. I can afford to pay for my own kids expenses. Good luck to you and your players.

Comment

I see the 2009 summer showcase team beat the 2010 pda blaze team lol....and the 2007 tied and beat the 2008 pad wildfire team? is that beating up on crappy overrated pda teams when you play the team that is a year younger? got it.

Comment

I see the 2009 summer showcase team beat the 2010 pda blaze team lol....and the 2007 tied and beat the 2008 pad wildfire team? is that beating up on crappy overrated pda teams when you play the team that is a year younger? got it.
            I also see RDS beat PDA Shore 05 last summer but that doesn’t even count as a real PDA team they are basically Toms River SC. So congrats your RDS team is the best....not.

Comment

Because most SkyBlue women’s soccer players can’t even afford a place to live in NJ and many are asking for free room and board in other people’s houses. Time to get a real job the 15k a year not cutting it and with the coronavirus situation things are even worse.
              More clubs are paying rent now.

Comment

Thats cool. We turned them down for their select teams. It seemed like a waste and when we saw the B team kids from our club made their showcase teams i knew it was the correct choice.

Comment

Because most SkyBlue women’s soccer players can’t even afford a place to live in NJ and many are asking for free room and board in other people’s houses. Time to get a real job the 15k a year not cutting it and with the coronavirus situation things are even worse.
                  That's not different from what the MLS players used to make 20 years ago. It makes more sense now if they align women's team with MLS teams and share stadiums. This is something they didn't have before. And it's a win win for both sides. Sky Blue was able to avg 8k fans in the games played in RB Arena last year. If they can at least maintain that going forward it would be enough, pandemic aside.

Comment

That's not different from what the MLS players used to make 20 years ago. It makes more sense now if they align women's team with MLS teams and share stadiums. This is something they didn't have before. And it's a win win for both sides. Sky Blue was able to avg 8k fans in the games played in RB Arena last year. If they can at least maintain that going forward it would be enough, pandemic aside.
                    Agree

Comment

Thats cool. We turned them down for their select teams. It seemed like a waste and when we saw the B team kids from our club made their showcase teams i knew it was the correct choice.
                      Why would anyone have their daughter at Red Bull’s at this point? Their 2008 team is compromised of 09/08 and some of the 08s couldn’t make first team at other clubs. How can Red Bull’s justify what they are doing?

Comment

Why would anyone have their daughter at Red Bull’s at this point? Their 2008 team is compromised of 09/08 and some of the 08s couldn’t make first team at other clubs. How can Red Bull’s justify what they are doing?
                        And you think girls on that 2008/2009 team could suddenly find a roster spot at a top club? They wouldn’t be there in the first place if they already were in good standing at a top club.

Comment

It just felt like such a blatant money grab. And I get that from clubs that are ostensibly small businesses but from a pro team, owned by a company that spends billions in F1, with pro teams all over the world, it just didn’t seem like they put any effort whatsoever into the girls. That’s fine, just not worth it. I guess at least they can rest easy knowing nycfc treats girls even worse?

Comment

It just felt like such a blatant money grab. And I get that from clubs that are ostensibly small businesses but from a pro team, owned by a company that spends billions in F1, with pro teams all over the world, it just didn’t seem like they put any effort whatsoever into the girls. That’s fine, just not worth it. I guess at least they can rest easy knowing nycfc treats girls even worse?
                            Only a matter of time before this programme is cut as covid 19 loss of revenue is affecting them big time much like so many other clubs. LA Galaxy and SJ Earthquakes cut their entire girls programmes and they had Full squads.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X