Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where do they rank players by position? Is this really a thing for girls soccer?
    No it is not a thing.

Comment

No it is not a thing.
      Thank God. That post had me frightened.

Comment

My daughter is ranked in the top 5 at her position in NYS, how about your kid??
        Mine is ranked in the top 4.

Comment

Thank God. That post had me frightened.
          Thank God is right...

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...rtDirections=1

Comment

Mine is ranked in the top 4.
            Top 4 of what, fat??

Comment

TDS! wow - so special with those special players that those submit special profiles. Are you even extra extra special and went for the premier membership?

Comment

TDS! wow - so special with those special players that those submit special profiles. Are you even extra extra special and went for the premier membership?
                Actually no, we did not need that. I have heard stories about people who go to these TDS showcases just to get extra little red stars, my daughter got 3 stars with NO bribes, she got them during a North Carolina GDA tourney in 2018. She played like a monster, and got a great write-up, she was thrilled, and plenty of her club mates were impressed and jealous....

Comment

Actually no, we did not need that. I have heard stories about people who go to these TDS showcases just to get extra little red stars, my daughter got 3 stars with NO bribes, she got them during a North Carolina GDA tourney in 2018. She played like a monster, and got a great write-up, she was thrilled, and plenty of her club mates were impressed and jealous....
                  Her team was showcased by USSDA in one of the live-stream games, it was a thrill to watch her compete against some good California teams....

Comment

She sounds like a great player. I just find the entire landscape to be unfortunate and there is nothing to be done about it. No offense to your player or my player who get accolades but so many players are just cut out of the running before the race even starts that the accolades are for big fish in a small pond. It would be better to have all the fish in the same pond or at least most of them.

Comment

She sounds like a great player. I just find the entire landscape to be unfortunate and there is nothing to be done about it. No offense to your player or my player who get accolades but so many players are just cut out of the running before the race even starts that the accolades are for big fish in a small pond. It would be better to have all the fish in the same pond or at least most of them.
                      If your kid is a player accolades do not matter. They may make you feel good, but college coaches see what they see on the field. They don't pay attention to TDS stars*. If you want stories written about your kid they should have kept playing HS. Local papers are dying for material and then there's all the end of the season awards.

*TDS stars mean little. While they send staff to top events they can't possibly watch a meaningful number of players from around the country. There are great players that aren't on lists or have stars, and players on the list with stars that aren't very good. Aer the evaluators journalists or soccer experts?

Comment

If your kid is a player accolades do not matter. They may make you feel good, but college coaches see what they see on the field. They don't pay attention to TDS stars*. If you want stories written about your kid they should have kept playing HS. Local papers are dying for material and then there's all the end of the season awards.

*TDS stars mean little. While they send staff to top events they can't possibly watch a meaningful number of players from around the country. There are great players that aren't on lists or have stars, and players on the list with stars that aren't very good. Aer the evaluators journalists or soccer experts?
                        I am trying to be positive, and show that with hard work, a some luck, you CAN get that scholarship, as my daughter did. This negative crap must be very tiring, go look in a mirror and say to yourself, I will be hopeful, I will be positive, I will be normal.

Comment

If you want that type of system, you should join Bernie and his Bros in Havana.

Comment

If you want that type of system, you should join Bernie and his Bros in Havana.
                            Bernie probably cares about youth soccer as much as Trump does which is not at all. But anyway....the soccer ball could care less what your politics are. It only responds to hard work and talent.

Your kid is so great among all the affluent player out there playing super deluxe club soccer. Congrats!

Comment

Bernie probably cares about youth soccer as much as Trump does which is not at all. But anyway....the soccer ball could care less what your politics are. It only responds to hard work and talent.

Your kid is so great among all the affluent player out there playing super deluxe club soccer. Congrats!
                              If you travel in these circles, you encounter wealthy families, of which we are not. She was offered her scholarship because she is a talented player, and no, money does not buy you talent, as witnessed with other girls on her team.

Comment

Bernie probably cares about youth soccer as much as Trump does which is not at all.
                                Actually, Barron Trump is in the DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X