Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Soccer commitment, non DA player - plays HS soccer and still gets DI recruiting... Plays for FC Stars - when SUSC is in her backyard (that speaks volumes).

Another example of why sacrificing HS soccer and throwing money at DA in New Hampshire is a waste... just sayin'
    How long has she been at Stars (MA?)

Not everyone considers missing HS a "sacrifice". The only ones who do are parents who "remember how great my HS days were".

Comment

Not everyone considers missing HS a "sacrifice". The only ones who do are parents who "remember how great my HS days were".
      That's a broad brush. Typical of this site. How the hell would you know what a family thinks what is and what isn't a sacrifice. My child, who luckily played high level club and HS, remembers their experience with HS as extremely fun and rewarding. Remembers their club time as what improved their skills. Now playing in college they wouldn't trade either experience or memory.

Comment

That's a broad brush. Typical of this site. How the hell would you know what a family thinks what is and what isn't a sacrifice. My child, who luckily played high level club and HS, remembers their experience with HS as extremely fun and rewarding. Remembers their club time as what improved their skills. Now playing in college they wouldn't trade either experience or memory.
        You mean the same broad brush that stated "Another example of why sacrificing HS soccer and throwing money at DA in New Hampshire is a waste... just sayin'"??

Seems you have an issue when the brush is applied in return, no?

I personally don't care where people play and find the efforts to tout one thing over the other an odd argument.

Here's a little hint: Athletes have been forgoing their HS teams to play for a club for decades. When I was in HS, there were players who didn't play HS baseball to save their arm for Legion ball; Hockey players playing for Juniors vs HS puck; skiers skiing for their ski club vs. their HS; math stars not joining the math team, etc.

I have nothing against anyone playing for whomever they wish; but I cannot for the life of me wonder why someone would continually try to trash a player who doesn't want to play HS. Not everyone can get to Lancaster (trust me, if I could we likely would've taken their offer two years ago), so you take the path that best fits everyone's personal situation. How or why that is of concern to you, as stated, odd.

(As for the "remember my HS days" quote, that is, by far, the #1 reason I hear from parents as to why THEY want their kid to play HS).

Comment

You mean the same broad brush that stated "Another example of why sacrificing HS soccer and throwing money at DA in New Hampshire is a waste... just sayin'"??

Seems you have an issue when the brush is applied in return, no?

I personally don't care where people play and find the efforts to tout one thing over the other an odd argument.

Here's a little hint: Athletes have been forgoing their HS teams to play for a club for decades. When I was in HS, there were players who didn't play HS baseball to save their arm for Legion ball; Hockey players playing for Juniors vs HS puck; skiers skiing for their ski club vs. their HS; math stars not joining the math team, etc.

I have nothing against anyone playing for whomever they wish; but I cannot for the life of me wonder why someone would continually try to trash a player who doesn't want to play HS. Not everyone can get to Lancaster (trust me, if I could we likely would've taken their offer two years ago), so you take the path that best fits everyone's personal situation. How or why that is of concern to you, as stated, odd.

(As for the "remember my HS days" quote, that is, by far, the #1 reason I hear from parents as to why THEY want their kid to play HS).
          Well since I didn't post the sacrificing HS comment I would say I don't have a problem with a brush in return. I agree this site bores me with the back and forth argument. It's a family/player decision. My kid chose both. Good for them but maybe not others. They also played on a very good HS team. So that probably had something to do with it.
          I would say having sit on both sidelines the HS game is more fun to watch than the club game and for that matter now the college game. Not because of the of the soccer but because of the rivalries, the fans and the atmosphere. As a player my kid got better because of club. But they would tell you they had way more fun playing HS.

Comment

The ONLY ones? Nah. Some, sure. The ONLY ones? No way. Your daughter may not care and great for her, but if you think a large number of DA girls wouldn't play HS soccer if they could, you're either completely out of touch, lying to yourself, or lying here to promote your pro-DA agenda. Flip that around and say the only kids playing DA are the ones with parents who live vicariously through their kids with NT hopes. It's not true, right?

Signed,
            Parent of a NH player who plays ECNL because my daughter wants to play HS soccer and I couldn't care less either way as my own HS days were spent on a stage not a soccer field

P.S. My older daughter played HS and AAU basketball. I can't imagine AAU trying to say kids couldn't play HS ball!

Comment

The ONLY ones? Nah. Some, sure. The ONLY ones? No way. Your daughter may not care and great for her, but if you think a large number of DA girls wouldn't play HS soccer if they could, you're either completely out of touch, lying to yourself, or lying here to promote your pro-DA agenda. Flip that around and say the only kids playing DA are the ones with parents who live vicariously through their kids with NT hopes. It's not true, right?

Signed,
              Parent of a NH player who plays ECNL because my daughter wants to play HS soccer and I couldn't care less either way as my own HS days were spent on a stage not a soccer field

P.S. My older daughter played HS and AAU basketball. I can't imagine AAU trying to say kids couldn't play HS ball!
              Already answered that the broad stroke comment was replied to with a broad stroke comment. This isn't unusual, it's been happening for decades. It's only recently happening in soccer, and soccer parents are crazy, which is why this comes as a concern now. But, truth is, this isn't new.

I know kids who also play ECNL, and they either don't play or HS - or hate it. They wish they could just play with their Club team throughout the year. Go figure....

And, again, I won't speak for everyone and couldn't care less what people do. You seem very willing to speak for everyone else, so that's on you. The ones I spoke to, and I mentioned it, view HS as a "nice to have" not a "have to have" and don't see a reason to sacrifice for it. To each their own.

That's what is great about this game - there is a place for everyone and as long as you are playing that's all that matters.

And, lay off the "NT" line. It's tired, untrue, and has absolutely no bearing on anyone's decision that I am aware of. Players are choosing the past that best meets their needs and goals as it applies to their individual situation. NT/Pro isn't a consideration. In fact, my daughter once said "why would I want to play pro soccer...they make crap for money".

Comment

You're completely missing the point. Intentionally?

How am I speaking for everyone when it was you who said the ONLY ones who want to play HS are those with parents reliving glory days? Sounds like you sure are pushing that agenda hard.

My line about the NT was that it's not true. I know that few, if any, parents have their kids in DA for that reason. My point was just as the NT angle isn't true for all (most?) neither is it true that all (most) HS players play HS to appease their parents. Can you agree? Or do you actually believe it?

I'm sorry for the slew of ECNL players you know who wish they could play club soccer year round. That's really sad for them.

Not sure why you feel the need to push the DA agenda so hard on this site. Is it insecurity with your....(your daughter) decision? Why can't you just respect that other people chose differently?

My daughter loves ECNL. She loves HS. She's happy. Imagine? I'm glad your daughter is happy with DA. No need to tear down others choices ("they play HS and they hate it"). Just try being happy and secure with your own decisions!

Comment

You're completely missing the point. Intentionally?

How am I speaking for everyone when it was you who said the ONLY ones who want to play HS are those with parents reliving glory days? Sounds like you sure are pushing that agenda hard.

My line about the NT was that it's not true. I know that few, if any, parents have their kids in DA for that reason. My point was just as the NT angle isn't true for all (most?) neither is it true that all (most) HS players play HS to appease their parents. Can you agree? Or do you actually believe it?

I'm sorry for the slew of ECNL players you know who wish they could play club soccer year round. That's really sad for them.

Not sure why you feel the need to push the DA agenda so hard on this site. Is it insecurity with your....(your daughter) decision? Why can't you just respect that other people chose differently?

My daughter loves ECNL. She loves HS. She's happy. Imagine? I'm glad your daughter is happy with DA. No need to tear down others choices ("they play HS and they hate it"). Just try being happy and secure with your own decisions!
                  No, replied to a broad brush statement with one of my own. But, to put it in perspective, 100% of the adults when they hear my daughter isn't going to play HS they say "That's sad; I remember my HS days and they were the best time of my life".

Every.
                  Single.
                  Time.

I am not pushing any agenda. I meet non-factual statements as they are presented. People cannot comprehend why someone wouldn't want to play HS soccer. This is something I have direct experience with from when I played HS. We didn't have our best pitcher, he saved himself for Legion ball. We had two stars on our hockey team stop playing so they could play for Juniors hockey. The best skiers in HS never races for HS.

Kids can do what they want.

I'm not married to DA. It fits our needs best. I understand their rule around HS and don't disagree with it. Would she play if it were allowed? Likely. But, it's not something we'll drive an hour + to Lancaster just to accommodate that, and told them that. It's a carrot that doesn't apply to this family.

When the shots against DA and it's players stop, so will I.

Comment

No, replied to a broad brush statement with one of my own. But, to put it in perspective, 100% of the adults when they hear my daughter isn't going to play HS they say "That's sad; I remember my HS days and they were the best time of my life".

Every.
                    Single.
                    Time.

I am not pushing any agenda. I meet non-factual statements as they are presented. People cannot comprehend why someone wouldn't want to play HS soccer. This is something I have direct experience with from when I played HS. We didn't have our best pitcher, he saved himself for Legion ball. We had two stars on our hockey team stop playing so they could play for Juniors hockey. The best skiers in HS never races for HS.

Kids can do what they want.

I'm not married to DA. It fits our needs best. I understand their rule around HS and don't disagree with it. Would she play if it were allowed? Likely. But, it's not something we'll drive an hour + to Lancaster just to accommodate that, and told them that. It's a carrot that doesn't apply to this family.

When the shots against DA and it's players stop, so will I.
                    99.9999999999999% cause I never did. Statements that start with absolutes like 100% do not equate to good discourse. And it is why some never learn and grow.

Comment

99.9999999999999% cause I never did. Statements that start with absolutes like 100% do not equate to good discourse. And it is why some never learn and grow.
                      Did I have a conversation with you about why my daughter decided not to play HS? No

People go on campaigns to tear down DA players all the time; yet when I mention that not everyone is enamored with playing HS (even those non-DA players), the panties get knotted up.

I have absolutely nothing against ECNL players, the clubs, NPL, EDP, ODP, town leagues, etc. (I think ECNL leadership are tools, but that's a different discussion). The players who we are familiar with all come from good families, are great kids, and my daughter considers them friends, and in many cases misses playing with them.

No, that respect is not always returned in favor, but that's outside my control.

Comment

Did I have a conversation with you about why my daughter decided not to play HS? No

People go on campaigns to tear down DA players all the time; yet when I mention that not everyone is enamored with playing HS (even those non-DA players), the panties get knotted up.

I have absolutely nothing against ECNL players, the clubs, NPL, EDP, ODP, town leagues, etc. (I think ECNL leadership are tools, but that's a different discussion). The players who we are familiar with all come from good families, are great kids, and my daughter considers them friends, and in many cases misses playing with them.

No, that respect is not always returned in favor, but that's outside my control.
                        I applaud your child's decision to play DA. I hope it works for them and it probably will. I personally don't care who chooses what. I was just commenting on your 100% of the time remark. That's a conversation non starter and totally not factual.

Comment

Let your child play wherever best fits them and the family and don’t worry about leagues. Yes some DA teams are better than ECNL teams and vice versa. Some players being mentioned on this site don’t even play for the top ECNL teams at their club. There are only a handful of NH kids on top ECNL teams in MA and those who aren’t on the top teams who still play ECNL clearly saw a benefit for themselves whether it was the coach or wanting to be able to play high school. My personal experience is having a player on a top team in a top league meant more college exposure and less need to do college camps. But that isn’t to say that is everyone’s experience but those who play for a less prestigious league or on a poor team may just have to work harder to get the college coaches’ attention.

Comment

Let your child play wherever best fits them and the family and don’t worry about leagues. Yes some DA teams are better than ECNL teams and vice versa. Some players being mentioned on this site don’t even play for the top ECNL teams at their club. There are only a handful of NH kids on top ECNL teams in MA and those who aren’t on the top teams who still play ECNL clearly saw a benefit for themselves whether it was the coach or wanting to be able to play high school. My personal experience is having a player on a top team in a top league meant more college exposure and less need to do college camps. But that isn’t to say that is everyone’s experience but those who play for a less prestigious league or on a poor team may just have to work harder to get the college coaches’ attention.
                            There's no room for reasonable posts on this board. This board is to pump up your child, their club, and their league while simultaneously mocking the rest.

If you don't like it, then you're just going to have to find another place to make well-thought out, supportive, informative posts.

Comment

There's no room for reasonable posts on this board. This board is to pump up your child, their club, and their league while simultaneously mocking the rest.

If you don't like it, then you're just going to have to find another place to make well-thought out, supportive, informative posts.
                              Totally agree. Reasonable posts are glossed over to sustain meaningful self glorification and insults.

Comment

So back on point....

What are the best soccer programs in NH high school soccer (go to a DA thread to chat DA):

DI Boys
                                DI Girls

DII Boys
                                DII Girls

DIII Boys
                                DIII Girls

DIV Boys
                                DIV GIrls

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X