X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    “Full ride”, yeah okay. To where?

Does it matter? Or are you ass-hurt because it's not your kid (not mine either)? Just look at the Exeter roster and ask the parent yourself? Plenty of video clips form their state championship out there to see who it is.
    It does matter as a lot of parents set off on the youth soccer journey and read and hear this misinformation and believe their better than average little star will go to college for free when that’s NOT the reality.
    No my oldest is getting a generous scholarship to a D1 school so no hard feelings here.
    I don’t want to talk about any specific player on here but the club hasn’t released info on an Exeter 2021 grad yet so I don’t have I got on the specific school and was curious.

Comment

It does matter as a lot of parents set off on the youth soccer journey and read and hear this misinformation and believe their better than average little star will go to college for free when that’s NOT the reality.
      No my oldest is getting a generous scholarship to a D1 school so no hard feelings here.
      I don’t want to talk about any specific player on here but the club hasn’t released info on an Exeter 2021 grad yet so I don’t have I got on the specific school and was curious.
      Guessing, GUESSING, it's UMASS Boston based on what I saw on Top Drawer.

Comment

Guessing, GUESSING, it's UMASS Boston based on what I saw on Top Drawer.
        UMASS Boston is DIII

DIII programs do NOT give out any athletic scholarship money. Only DI and DII programs are allotted athletic monies per the NCAA and furthermore only DI and DII athletes sign an NLI on signing day despite some have a ceremony celebrating DIII roster spots as if they are signing an NLI.

Comment

UMASS Boston is DIII

DIII programs do NOT give out any athletic scholarship money. Only DI and DII programs are allotted athletic monies per the NCAA and furthermore only DI and DII athletes sign an NLI on signing day despite some have a ceremony celebrating DIII roster spots as if they are signing an NLI.

Easy. I made a mistake. It appears I had the wrong UMass. This is UMass Amherst who are DI

Comment

Exeter was more lucky than good.

Comment

Easy. I made a mistake. It appears I had the wrong UMass. This is UMass Amherst who are DI
              No there is an Exeter/Stars player committed to UMASS Amherst but this is a different player. That one is a 2020 grad and this other is a 2021 grad.

Comment

The 2021 Exeter player has committed to Murray State.

Comment

Good for her, best of luck to her.

Comment

To answer original poster I would say for good programs you need to look at suburbs. Exeter, Londonderry, Bedford, Pinkerton(they pull from suburbs), Hanover, Bow etc.

Inner cities (other than Central Boys) get crushed because pay for play has made soccer an elitist sport, thereby all but eliminating a huge population of potential soccer players.

Comment

To answer original poster I would say for good programs you need to look at suburbs. Exeter, Londonderry, Bedford, Pinkerton(they pull from suburbs), Hanover, Bow etc.

Inner cities (other than Central Boys) get crushed because pay for play has made soccer an elitist sport, thereby all but eliminating a huge population of potential soccer players.
                      There aren't any other programs that are cheap that offer quality coaching (i.e. Peak, International, dozens of town travel teams, etc.)?

Comment

It would be good to see some of the bigger clubs have some sort of outreach to inner city population.

Comment

It would be good to see some of the bigger clubs have some sort of outreach to inner city population.
                          They won't make $ so they won't go...

Comment

They won't make $ so they won't go...
                            Too bad they don't take some of that feeder money they use for their top teams and apply it into some sort of outreach programs.

Comment

The 2021 Exeter player has committed to Murray State.
                              Recruited for soccer or track?

Comment

Recruited for soccer or track?
                                Soccer commitment, non DA player - plays HS soccer and still gets DI recruiting... Plays for FC Stars - when SUSC is in her backyard (that speaks volumes).

Another example of why sacrificing HS soccer and throwing money at DA in New Hampshire is a waste... just sayin'

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X