•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's good!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good hire!
    I've known Laura, personally, for years. She's a great coach. She's not everyone's cup of tea, but she knows her sh*t. She also gives no f*cks when it comes to tryouts....you're good enough or you're not.

Rarely wrong, but I suspect most of the negativity on this thread toward her are parents of kids who got cut, or club directors who lost kids to the GDA.

Comment

Pathetic

let this be a lesson to you parents. Playing D1 soccer at a prestigious school like Berkeley means nothing if you don't have the grades or intelligence. My daughter's classmate at Jesuit HS has poor grades and cheats on tests and homework yet she is considered the top 5 players in Oregon and is moving on to a PAC12 school. She'll probably end up being a coach in Oregon for ECNL or DA like Laura.

Laura was one of the worst coaches my daughter had. Her practices were mediocre. Nothing compared to ADF training or Westside BOYS coaches. In general, the girls coaches in Oregon suck.

Comment

Correction... Oregon coaches suck. Our state has been overrun by terrible coaching.

Comment

let this be a lesson to you parents. Playing D1 soccer at a prestigious school like Berkeley means nothing if you don't have the grades or intelligence. My daughter's classmate at Jesuit HS has poor grades and cheats on tests and homework yet she is considered the top 5 players in Oregon and is moving on to a PAC12 school. She'll probably end up being a coach in Oregon for ECNL or DA like Laura.

Laura was one of the worst coaches my daughter had. Her practices were mediocre. Nothing compared to ADF training or Westside BOYS coaches. In general, the girls coaches in Oregon suck.
          Westside Boys coaches?? I would have to argue this statement.

Comment

Wow you really called our your daughter's Jesuit classmate in a way that makes her fairly easy to narrow down and identify, and made some pretty nasty and disparaging accusations. Is your kid one of the ones who got cut from Jesuit as a senior and had to settle for Thorns Academy instead?

Comment

Wow you really called our your daughter's Jesuit classmate in a way that makes her fairly easy to narrow down and identify, and made some pretty nasty and disparaging accusations. Is your kid one of the ones who got cut from Jesuit as a senior and had to settle for Thorns Academy instead?
              Ouch that is throwing SHADE. Based on a quick perusal of Top Drawer's commits (admittedly probably not complete), there is one Jesuit senior and one junior committed to a pac 12 school. I'm not parents of either girl but if I was I would be pretty steamed that a classmate's parent is on here throwing out very serious accusations of cheating.

Comment

Both of you should be nice and remember that girls soccer isn’t really a big deal in the big picture of life. There are all different skill levels and all different intelligence levels. Girls shouldn’t be cheating and doing bad things but otherwise, hopefully all these girls will find a path and a life that they’re happy with. What others think doesn’t matter.

Comment

No, DD never played Thorns! Would never, are you kidding?

Comment

Ouch that is throwing SHADE. Based on a quick perusal of Top Drawer's commits (admittedly probably not complete), there is one Jesuit senior and one junior committed to a pac 12 school. I'm not parents of either girl but if I was I would be pretty steamed that a classmate's parent is on here throwing out very serious accusations of cheating.
                    Fact, not rumor.

Comment

Fact, not rumor.
                      I doubt a Pac Twelve school would honor a commitment if a student athlete was caught cheating so it must be rumor.

Comment

Fact, not rumor.
                        So you are saying that one of two players committed academic fraud. That is a serious accusation. I hope you're not relying on what your kid is telling you happens at school. And I hope for your sake you're right because if my kid was one of those two and was being slandered in this way I would be using my isolation time to explore every single one of my legal remedies.

Comment

I doubt a Pac Twelve school would honor a commitment if a student athlete was caught cheating so it must be rumor.
                          Don’t most colleges turn a blind eye to transgressions by athletes or have things changed?

Comment

Don’t most colleges turn a blind eye to transgressions by athletes or have things changed?
                            Not for women's soccer. Women's soccer isn't a revenue sport. If these were football players or men's basketball players headed to a top 10 school in a P5 conference, maybe. But not Arizona or UW women's soccer. In spite of all of Title IX guy's proclamations, this is one of the way female athletes have it harder. Their mistakes are much less likely to be forgiven or overlooked. (Not saying cheating should EVER be overlooked - just observing a difference)

Comment

Laura Schott is a good person. She works hard and tirelessly to improve the level of football training in our local area. You people should find something else to be bitchy about. Leave the people who make an effort alone.

Comment

Not for women's soccer. Women's soccer isn't a revenue sport. If these were football players or men's basketball players headed to a top 10 school in a P5 conference, maybe. But not Arizona or UW women's soccer. In spite of all of Title IX guy's proclamations, this is one of the way female athletes have it harder. Their mistakes are much less likely to be forgiven or overlooked. (Not saying cheating should EVER be overlooked - just observing a difference)
                                I also don’t think women’s sports are looking too deep. I’ve seen a bunch of girls do things like underage drinking, smoking weed, and other stuff that would get a top 10 P5 football player his commitment rescinded. I think it’s actually easier for the girls because no one is watching them in the first place. Now if someone were to send the college evidence of violations that would be a different story.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X