Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is WHY world class vetoes nysc getting into ecnl. They will become a powerhouse when theyt absorb the top players who stuck with nysc for DA. As much as some worried wcfc parents want to say "no one from nysc can make wcfc" that simply is not true. On the younger end of the spectrum (pre HS ages) there are multiple age groups where at least 4-5 nysc players can make the wcfc ECNL teams. NYSC always lacks depth, which impacts results but the top players are very well trained, they just need to be able to adjust to the different style wcfc employs.
    You think there are 2009s and 2008s at NYSC that would make the top 2009 or 2008 teams at world class?

Comment

LMFAO, the fact that you are including WCFC in the same sentence as PDA & Stars is
      B-E-Y-O-N-D!
      WCFC does not even come close to the caliber of those 2 clubs, can't answer a question so ridiculous. PDA & Stars are powerhouse clubs that have been around for decades, so you'd be hard pressed to find better clubs top to bottom. A few teams here & there, sure. Nice try though, sticking WC in there with 2 of the top clubs in the Nation...unfortunately, the halo effect doesn't extend that far.
      ^^^^ not the original poster, but what the poster said was name a better club other than PDA & Stars.

Comment

Not true, they do care, since the girls bring-in half the money, who would want a 50% decrease in revenue??
        Exactly! The girls side is the cash cow.

Comment

You think there are 2009s and 2008s at NYSC that would make the top 2009 or 2008 teams at world class?
          Yes. Up to about 06s there's a few girls WCFC would take. 05 and older, not many aside from the NT players. I didnt say NYSC sends 10 kids per age group there but a few at each age, yes.

Comment

Yes. Up to about 06s there's a few girls WCFC would take. 05 and older, not many aside from the NT players. I didnt say NYSC sends 10 kids per age group there but a few at each age, yes.
            Really? The 03s & 04s took a beating from LI teams just a few weeks ago...me thinks those teams could use more than 1 upgrade per team.

Comment

Hey genius - the 2006 team is one of the best in the country. It’s comical you think a girl from NYSC could make that team.

Comment

How is a win and a loss for the 03s and a tie and a loss for the 04s, in an early season outing, against some strong competition on LI, a beating?

Comment

The 2009 wcfc girls team beats the 2008 NYSC team 10 times out of 10 so how does a 2009 NYSC player make the 2009 wcfc team?

Comment

How is a win and a loss for the 03s and a tie and a loss for the 04s, in an early season outing, against some strong competition on LI, a beating?
                    shhhh....don't ruin his narrative :)

Comment

The 2009 wcfc girls team beats the 2008 NYSC team 10 times out of 10 so how does a 2009 NYSC player make the 2009 wcfc team?
                      You do realize you're comparing teams vs individuals, right? "Some" players" may be strong enough to move, others not.

Plus you're talking about <13 year olds. ALL OF THIS changes in middle school. By HS half won't be playing any longer, some studs will have plateaued while others fly by them.

Comment

2009's will be adding to their roster anyway because they are going to bigger fields in the next 2 years. They would undoubtedly be able to take a couple of NYSC kids.

It is crazy that you people think WC doesnt look at NYSC as a player source. They have been taking players for years. NYSC was happy with DA because they though tthat might help stop this from happening but now that DA is gone you can expect it to start up again.

Comment

You do realize you're comparing teams vs individuals, right? "Some" players" may be strong enough to move, others not.

Plus you're talking about <13 year olds. ALL OF THIS changes in middle school. By HS half won't be playing any longer, some studs will have plateaued while others fly by them.
                          Oh I love you guys!!! The late bloomer guy who drops into every conversation. Almost as good as the idiots at NYSC who talk about passes to the front foot and passes completed! I’ve met so many of you!! “You realize the stud today is never the stud of tomorrow right?!” Right that’s exactly how it happened during MY career and yes I was a D1 athlete. I blew by so many studs. Ummm no. All of us who could PLAY at 10, 11, 12....it was the same for 90% of us later. And I sucked relative to the true studs I played with...very few of them got worse...very few of us below them got much better...and the kids who sucked...wow they miraculously still sucked years later 6 inches taller.

Comment

Alex Morgan started playing at 14.

Comment

Oh I love you guys!!! The late bloomer guy who drops into every conversation. Almost as good as the idiots at NYSC who talk about passes to the front foot and passes completed! I’ve met so many of you!! “You realize the stud today is never the stud of tomorrow right?!” Right that’s exactly how it happened during MY career and yes I was a D1 athlete. I blew by so many studs. Ummm no. All of us who could PLAY at 10, 11, 12....it was the same for 90% of us later. And I sucked relative to the true studs I played with...very few of them got worse...very few of us below them got much better...and the kids who sucked...wow they miraculously still sucked years later 6 inches taller.
                              Ha ha ha ha. Thanks. I needed a laugh today. So true

Comment

Alex Morgan started playing at 14.
                                I feel sorry for people as stupid as you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X