Derry Socccerclub

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are currently on Week 9 of lockdown. Derry Soccer club has treated us families very badly during this crisis , No refund after 8 weeks of nothing some kids have had no winter or spring soccer at all after paying for it. Time to move on and I will miss the other kids. No direction at board level.

Comment

Years ago this club was awash with cash. And I mean shocking amounts of CASH. This was when GB was president. DC and GL with SC bled that club dry with the inordinate yearly fees for woeful GPS soaking. And we all now know that GPS are/were the biggest thieves on the soccer planet. All for advancement of the power structure that is DC/SC as well as for their kin to be a part of top level GPS and then Revs.

No refunds? What would you expect from ML - he’s of the ilk that a lockdown should be in effect until there is a cure!

The DSC has never been run by anyone who’s played the game at any level. That’s always been an issue for years.

I’ve said stick a fork in them for several years as their numbers dwindled and the quality of the players/coaching disappeared.

Stick a fork in them, please.

Comment

100% true. ML and SC must be removed, as they are controlling and self-serving.

The partnership with the Revs must be severed and the club must return to being a town program that serves Derry with travel and recreation fees that match the income levels of the families in town, not the income levels of the wealthy board members.

The "new" leadership is just as bad. Nearly the entire board has a child on one particular team and the club revolves around that team. I leave with zero regret.

Comment

where has all the $ in Dsc gone ?? Fishy goings on for years, time for some law and order for the main men there on the board

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            where has all the $ in Dsc gone ?? Fishy goings on for years, time for some law and order for the main men there on the board
            Doesn’t take long with dwindling enrollment and +/- $30k a year nut to GPS (God knows how much to Revs annually when they changed) to suck that account dry. You think Bad news Donkeys kicked any boxes of ziti back to the club ?

Comment

FYI about refund.

It may be case by case but we received refund upon asking and explaining our son would not be playing in the fall. They were very reasonable about it.

Comment

Quick update ???

It may be case by case but we received refund upon asking and explaining our son would not be playing in the fall. They were very reasonable about it.
                Wow - enough information here. I am late to the party and don't know much about the recent regime.

I am new to Derry and visited a few of the meetings. The people that were there were willing to answer my questions, many of them, and were quite tranasparent. It seems as though they are trying to get as much involvement as possible from anybody that will be willing to help. It is true that there seems to be a great deal of parent representation from one team's parents. However, they seem to be trying to get things in order. It was mentioned that they have been trying to maintain the club first and then grow it. They don't know all the parts and still trying to learn it all because they have added 7+ members and also elected a new President with the Vice President open.

As a concerned parent who is new to Derry and the program, it is troubling to see all the bad. On the flip side, maybe I am getting here in time because what I was met with was quite different.

Comment

If SC and ML step aside, there will be hope. Curious why SC is still involved without a kid playing. They also need to get others involved that are not members of the one particular team that rules the board currently. It's a bad look. They receive opportunities that other teams don't, and it's going to be SC, part 2 if they're not careful.

Comment

If SC and ML step aside, there will be hope. Curious why SC is still involved without a kid playing. They also need to get others involved that are not members of the one particular team that rules the board currently. It's a bad look. They receive opportunities that other teams don't, and it's going to be SC, part 2 if they're not careful.
                    Not directly in the know on this program, but it's not uncommon for a league to be run by someone without a kid in it. It's actually preferred, as it helps to take away the impression of politics.

Comment

Not directly in the know on this program, but it's not uncommon for a league to be run by someone without a kid in it. It's actually preferred, as it helps to take away the impression of politics.
                      And many town clubs have bylaws that state the board must have a child in the program. Helps cut down on the pervs.

Comment

And many town clubs have bylaws that state the board must have a child in the program. Helps cut down on the pervs.
                        Odd. So clubs don’t need to but town programs do?

Comment

Soccer program

I don't know the initials this thread seems to go back to but I have to say that when I showed up to the board meeting that it was clear that they want more people and as many people as they can to help. It appears as though there are a lot of ideas but not enough hands to help with it. I can see what you are saying that it could look bad if all from one area or team are board members but on the flip side or devil's advocate.... what if they are the only ones that have said hey...let's try to help or change what's wrong. It appears as though there have been a few things wrong...lol.

One of the particular meetings I attended the board was asking quesitons about the budget, how monies are allocated, also talk about a recent fundraiser to create some sort of scholarship program, talking about concessions to help raise money to defer ref costs, equipment swap/donations, concerns with the new costs that the may incurred with the fields, lighting...it was alot to digest. It was clear that they wanted more people to come forward. They asked if I would be interested. Don't really have the time so a "no" for now. But, I have to say that it gave me insight to all the work that has to be done in order to maintain....I really didn't have a clue. So, go talk to them now, it was clear to me that they want and need help.

I have always been "the glass half full" type of person - I could be out of line here. I think I we will go with the program for now and hope that it is a better experience than some of the other people here. Hope we don't regret it!

Comment

Communication from DSC

Dear Parents and Players,
                            We voted this past Tuesday, during our board meeting, to cancel the Spring Season for the entire Derry Soccer Club. This decision is based on the restrictions regarding the Covid-19 situation and that the New Hampshire Soccer League (NHSL) has also canceled their Spring Season. We have made arrangements so that all players that were registered for the Spring Season will have a full credit towards the Fall Season. We will be sending out information separately to the Hawks and Eagles as to what will be involved prior to the Fall Season. We appreciate everyone's support and understanding during this unprecedented time. We feel as a board we were able to make the best decision for the club and its members to ensure a strong future.
                            Sincerely,
                            Derry Soccer Club Board

Comment

Dear Parents and Players,

We just announced to the entire Derry Soccer Club that we will, unfortunately, not have a Spring Season. We are aware that you recently signed up for just the Spring Season 2020, within the Hawks Program. We had a board meeting on Tuesday and voted that all Players that were registered to play in Spring Season will now have a full credit to play in the Fall Season, 2020/2021. We also discussed that where you had registered for only the Spring season of 2020 we will offer you an option of a refund or we will credit you towards the Fall season as well.

To allow this process to be done efficiently, we need to be notified via email of your decision of a credit versus a refund preference. Please let us know what you decide. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Please email dsc@derrysoccerclub.org or respond back to this letter

Sincerely,

Derry Soccer Club

Comment

Good Morning Soccer Family!

In an effort to keep you as informed as possible we would like to share a few things.

To date, we have met/spoken with town officials and are working with them concerning fields and access. During this time, the club has kept in touch with NHSA for instruction and guidelines. In addition, the Board has been in touch with surrounding towns to get ideas on what they are doing and possibly what we could be doing differently if anything. We are pleased to say that the plan is to move ahead with the Fall soccer season. We are not allowed on the field without a written plan as to how we will ensure that our families, players and coaches are safe. At this time, the Board is creating that plan on how it will look for the Club as the fields begin to open in the upcoming weeks. Once complete, we will present to town officials. There are alot of moving parts however we are excited at the thought of seeing the kids and smiles back on the fields.

In addition, we would like to reiterate how much we value your comments and feedback. Please reach out if you would like to volunteer as we will need many hands to help facilitate all the changes that need to be made for everyone's safety. Contact us at DSC@derrysoccerclub.org

We will continue to relay information as it comes. We appreciate your patience as we try to navigate the waters of uncertainty.
                                Regards,
                                Derry Soccer Club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X