Refunds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the quarantine is bringing out the best in some people...poor kids stuck at home with parents who can't have a conversation without belittling others

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Parent, not a coach. And you can take your bs back to whatever club will have your piece of crap ds/dd. If you think any “clubs” in the greater Seattle area care about your piece of crap ds/dd you are the fool. The one thing they all have in common is there ability to remove cash from your wallet. Oh what’s that you say? Your unemployment check hasn’t arrived?
      I'm not the original poster asking about refunds. My point you frickn Idiot is that while other clubs are doing zoom meetings, team specific training and actually teaching kids during this downtime, EFC is collecting $300 / Month X 1000 kids and they are so lazy they can't even do a group team meeting once a week? You may not mind it, but it doesn't sit well with me. $300,000 a month and not willing to raise a finger and engage the team for one hour. I'm all for retaining the coaches, they hired 4 new coaches, pretty good ones this season. Let them coach.

Comment

I'm not the original poster asking about refunds. My point you frickn Idiot is that while other clubs are doing zoom meetings, team specific training and actually teaching kids during this downtime, EFC is collecting $300 / Month X 1000 kids and they are so lazy they can't even do a group team meeting once a week? You may not mind it, but it doesn't sit well with me. $300,000 a month and not willing to raise a finger and engage the team for one hour. I'm all for retaining the coaches, they hired 4 new coaches, pretty good ones this season. Let them coach.
        So do something about it other than complain on a message board

Comment

Real winner over here...
          Real victim here...

Comment

If you need a refund, have a conversation with your DOC.

If you aren’t satisfied with your coaching, have a talk with your coach. If the coach isn’t listening, have a conversation with the DOC.

Stop being a victim.

Comment

Can you make a single post without personally insulting others? My guess is no.

Comment

Can you make a single post without personally insulting others? My guess is no.
                Nope, I can’t. You are a passive aggressive, spineless winer. Contribute something of value.

Comment

*whiner
                  Valuable enough?

Comment

Anyone notice the subtle "I've got a newer Range Rover than you, so enjoy your lower status in society" argument?

Comment

Depending on how bad this recession will be, I am guessing that there will be a lower number than 1000 players at Eastside or any other club. I do not know how bad it was during 2008 Great Recession for soccer, but I can imagine. Probably Pac or WPFC will be affected the worst by this, due to demographics.

This is for the coaches and clubs who are reading this. Get your shet together. The last 5-6 years were the fattest times for pay to play soccer, but for the next 2-3 years, things are going to be tight if this lockdown and breakdown of our economy continues any longer. It is probably too late. You are going to lose lots of players and us parents are going to demand better service and results. So, keeping that crappy coach to teach soccer ain't going to fly anymore. Use this time to cut the dead weight and hire quality soccer coaches.

Parents: Only reason why kid still wants to do this anymore is to be recruited to play in college. If my kid quits right now, I would not care b/c I have bigger issues to worry about than a bunch of kids kicking a ball around a field. So, if your kid is not serious about being recruited and will not put in the work, GTFO the team and go play rec. If you are not willing to put in the effort to help the team, GTFO also. Good luck.

Comment

Nope, I can’t. You are a passive aggressive, spineless winer. Contribute something of value.
                        You need help, bro. Take a walk in the fresh air.

Comment

Depending on how bad this recession will be, I am guessing that there will be a lower number than 1000 players at Eastside or any other club. I do not know how bad it was during 2008 Great Recession for soccer, but I can imagine. Probably Pac or WPFC will be affected the worst by this, due to demographics.

This is for the coaches and clubs who are reading this. Get your shet together. The last 5-6 years were the fattest times for pay to play soccer, but for the next 2-3 years, things are going to be tight if this lockdown and breakdown of our economy continues any longer. It is probably too late. You are going to lose lots of players and us parents are going to demand better service and results. So, keeping that crappy coach to teach soccer ain't going to fly anymore. Use this time to cut the dead weight and hire quality soccer coaches.

Parents: Only reason why kid still wants to do this anymore is to be recruited to play in college. If my kid quits right now, I would not care b/c I have bigger issues to worry about than a bunch of kids kicking a ball around a field. So, if your kid is not serious about being recruited and will not put in the work, GTFO the team and go play rec. If you are not willing to put in the effort to help the team, GTFO also. Good luck.
                          Wise post, and I agree with most. I appreciate and directly relate to clubs stepping up their game.

Except for booting kids that want to participate. If kids want to play sports instead of being glued to electronics for hours on end, sports can be a life saver. They may stay active their whole life. And for girls, it gives them will power and confidence.

True they don't need to be taking up space on the A team or ECNL. But the family who can still afford it after the washout, to each is own, it's their money.

Comment

Demographics, can we say that word? Is it racist?

Also good points on the above post. For everyone involved. Real good time to sit back and think.

Comment

Also good points on the above post. For everyone involved. Real good time to sit back and think.
                              I always tell my kids, you never really know how much money someone has. Plenty of families driving luxury SUVs and looking flashy are atually financially overextended & this crisis will expose that. I expect we'll see kids forced to drop from all clubs. There have always been financially stable families in North Seattle & Eastside who couldn't afford soccer + tutoring or soccer + school tuition...I don't think PAC will have more families dropping than anyone else, but soccer will become a lower priority for a lot of people

Comment

I’m Mexican/Working class wouldn’t say that statement is racist at all, compared to the parents on our team we probably struggle the most, pay tuition and uniforms fine but tournaments and out of town weekends are always a struggle good thing we always have family to stay with (hate stay to play with a passion) kids accept that Christmas and Birthdays are when they get cleats/keeper gloves ect. and we give them $ during those times and give them a choice to spend it on indoor season or whatever they want (one kid does one doesn’t) Any additional footskills are specialized training is out of the question for us. But right now since we are both still working and saving a ton with 3 cross state trips canceled and most likely won’t have to put away $3-4K for summer tournaments and travel along with other savings we already have $ set aside for all 3 kids for next season tuition and are ready to get out keeper girl the specialized training sessions she has been missing out on so coming out of this in a much better position then were were last year, guess just different for each family

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X