Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will likely be the end of some local clubs

Not funny, and I feel super bad for the kids. But without tryouts, practices, etc clubs will struggle to financially survive. Has anyone heard from Sound FC? And tough year for Valor to start. Clubs have grown dependent on those April/May checks to start rolling in after tryouts.

Anyone hearing about any merger talks?

What about some of these smaller PSPL teams?

Assume coaches are being paid?
    Yes, but none of the major clubs
    50.00%
    Yes, to include a club that has at least one or more RCL Division 1/ECNL Clubs
    39.29%
    No
    10.71%

The poll is expired.

The poll was suppose to read:

Do you believe COVID 19 will bring about the demise of some local clubs?

Comment

Assuming the virus situation gets resolved by summer wouldn't the following be a possible scenario,
      most staff qualify for unemployment
      the spring season gets pushed into some sort of short compact summer season
      in fall everything continues as normal

?????

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Assuming the virus situation gets resolved by summer wouldn't the following be a possible scenario,

?????
        Many of the fields are not available during the summer. Many of the kids will be out of town. While I'm sure that many places will offer pop-up summer league's, it won't be the regular leagues just pushing their dates into the summer.

Comment

The poll was suppose to read:

Do you believe COVID 19 will bring about the demise of some local clubs?
          If they were smart, the smaller clubs that are next door to each other will be merging in order to ensure enough players to build teams when soccer returns.

Comment

?????
            I think it’s tough to assume that things will be back to normal by summer. And while I read the recent UW report, it sounds like the virus has not been eradicated in China, and they took extreme measures that are unlikely in the US. China is going on 5 months.

I have not heard of any staff being laid off or put in a position of unemployment, have you?

My guess is that clubs haven’t done enough to withstand the spring, and while some may have enough financial reserves to make it through the spring, some may not. I am assuming, many clubs were operating without much savings.

Wimbledon, a mid June to July tournament announced today that it was cancelling.

Comment

A group panel on a webinar today thought the best case for youth sports to start back up would be July and most likely it won't be until September. This is looking at it from a national perspective, so it could be sooner here.

Even if the clubs make it to when things start back up, how many people are going to be financially able to drop 3k (or more) for soccer next year? I'm guessing that the big clubs will survive, but will only have 2 teams in an age group instead of 4 or more. The smaller clubs are going to have it rough over the next year.

Also, how many clubs are going to be hammered financially by not having summer tournaments? It's a serious cash cow that's going to need to be replaced somehow.

Comment

University of Texas and Ohio State have both announced classes will remain online through the summer...Not looking good for fall college sports even.

Comment

Some good results in the polls. How are clubs doing?

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if sound was able to participate in the CARES PPP program?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X