Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's what the 2nd team is for. Pull players up when needed. ACL injuries? Those kids aren't even in the mix. 99.9% of the college visits are done in the fall. You either haven't been around or have blinders on at these showcase events and don't notice the 6 kids on the sideline wearing the different colors. There was a time they weren't even permitted on the team bench.
    So injured kids are not in the mix? Ever see the kids on the bench supporting their teammates with crutches or leg propped up? They are still part of the team and treated as such.
    I agree. Unofficial visits occur during season (clinics/id camps at desired school(s)). And if kid is checking out a few schools before commiting....a visit. That can be anytime except dead period.
    Why these people think they have all the answers for everyone is quite amusing. They simply don't.
    And I have several college scholarship athletes. So yeah....my family and I have been down this path before.

Comment

So injured kids are not in the mix? Ever see the kids on the bench supporting their teammates with crutches or leg propped up? They are still part of the team and treated as such.
      I agree. Unofficial visits occur during season (clinics/id camps at desired school(s)). And if kid is checking out a few schools before commiting....a visit. That can be anytime except dead period.
      Why these people think they have all the answers for everyone is quite amusing. They simply don't.
      And I have several college scholarship athletes. So yeah....my family and I have been down this path before.
      A kid with an ACL injury while part of the team isn't competing for playing time. That's the point

Comment

Agreed these people are the same idiots from Bucks that pollute every single thread. They think just because their club is ECNL their kid will automatically get a d1 ride. Truly fools blinded by a patch.

Comment

Agreed these people are the same idiots from Bucks that pollute every single thread. They think just because their club is ECNL their kid will automatically get a d1 ride. Truly fools blinded by a patch.
          Which is you. You are the idiot bucks hater. Please stay off thread and take your own advice and stop polluting all the threads. We do not care about your dumb axe to grind with that club. Get over it.

Comment

Which is you. You are the idiot bucks hater. Please stay off thread and take your own advice and stop polluting all the threads. We do not care about your dumb axe to grind with that club. Get over it.
            Not bucks club hater at all. Not a fan of that loser that posts club hate everywhere. Others are not fans either. We realize that loser has no clue about most things let alone soccer. We are on your side grumpy. Read before commenting next time.

Comment

A kid with an ACL injury while part of the team isn't competing for playing time. That's the point
              Still on the roster. Still considered part of the overall roster number. Kapish.

Comment

You realize that competition for playing time last through college too, right? Sports...who knew?

Comment

Why decent CB? If Jack can't control or receive a ball correctly and get out of pressure with both feet, the LAST place Jack should be is on the back line in particular in front of the net. See lack of soccer iq.
                  Jack is fast and aggressive. No coach turns down speed here .... for any reason. If he is fast and cant score goals, he goes to CB in today's game ... heck, in many places, they probably would just leave him up front or out wide. In either case, the point is that the US game made Jack .... everyone loved fast, goal-scoring Jack when he was little, but did nothing to fix his touch or skills as long as he was producing and helping his u-little team win games.

Comment

Still on the roster. Still considered part of the overall roster number. Kapish.
                    Um no. You are a dope. They don't waste roster spots on kids who won't play. They can only roster up to a certain number for the entire season. But you knew that though!

Comment

Um no. You are a dope. They don't waste roster spots on kids who won't play. They can only roster up to a certain number for the entire season. But you knew that though!
                      If they were injured during season, still part of the initial overall number. They don't make their name disappear from the rosters that appear on the league/team profiles.

Comment

It is truly amazing how you have never experienced any of this.

Comment

Jack is fast and aggressive. No coach turns down speed here .... for any reason. If he is fast and cant score goals, he goes to CB in today's game ... heck, in many places, they probably would just leave him up front or out wide. In either case, the point is that the US game made Jack .... everyone loved fast, goal-scoring Jack when he was little, but did nothing to fix his touch or skills as long as he was producing and helping his u-little team win games.
                          Up front or out wide is correct. Not a CB. Not if you want any chance in any game. A good CB must have good foot skills (both) to get out of pressure and /or dispossess without causing fouls.

And I agree with you re the rest. That is the problem with most programs (not all). They focus on their records.

Most club coaches would not fix what needed to be fixed if they were winning. A good trainer/coach as he gets older might. It is harder to break bad habits when they are older but if the kid wants to get better, he will listen and learn.

Comment

If they were injured during season, still part of the initial overall number. They don't make their name disappear from the rosters that appear on the league/team profiles.
                            Have some of these posters never been associated with teams that have had players during the season that have injuries that sideline them for months? Not every injury is prior to the roster pick/cuts.

Comment

Up front or out wide is correct. Not a CB. Not if you want any chance in any game. A good CB must have good foot skills (both) to get out of pressure and /or dispossess without causing fouls.

And I agree with you re the rest. That is the problem with most programs (not all). They focus on their records.

Most club coaches would not fix what needed to be fixed if they were winning. A good trainer/coach as he gets older might. It is harder to break bad habits when they are older but if the kid wants to get better, he will listen and learn.
                              Off the team is correct. Sick of getting Jack in all alone and him finding a way to not get a shot or miss. Speed isnt everything and so many coaches demand playing the ball to jack all game long ..... Jack is fast but can't finish because jack has no skill. Jack sucks. Jack should be cut for a better player. Jack kills the team but Jack does get a goal or two every other game against the garbage teams and people notice that. They should notice that Jack is absolutely useless against decent teams.

Comment

Off the team is correct. Sick of getting Jack in all alone and him finding a way to not get a shot or miss. Speed isnt everything and so many coaches demand playing the ball to jack all game long ..... Jack is fast but can't finish because jack has no skill. Jack sucks. Jack should be cut for a better player. Jack kills the team but Jack does get a goal or two every other game against the garbage teams and people notice that. They should notice that Jack is absolutely useless against decent teams.
                                Jack should have plenty of games against garbage teams this fall to boost his scoring totals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X