Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Soccer Season

Getting worried that we will have no Spring season at all. It’s looking worse and worse by the day for NJ/NY and we’re not even at peak per the experts. What are everyone’s thoughts? What are you hearing from various clubs?

Haven't heard anything from our club other than coaches asking players to stay in shape and work on individual technical drills. At this point I'm assuming no spring season, but hoping clubs will offer training over the summer if things clear up by then.

Comment

I’m hoping they can get some tournaments in June but I think the spring league isn’t going to happen.

Comment

NJ schools won’t reopen until the end of April at the earliest. Can’t see them starting before schools are open.

Comment

EDP put out this the other day - https://www.edpsoccer.com/covid19 Although how clubs will react if tryouts tear teams apart in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            EDP put out this the other day - https://www.edpsoccer.com/covid19 Although how clubs will react if tryouts tear teams apart in May.
            Will teams actually have tryouts? I would assume that the vast majority of clubs would encourage their teams to stay together for next year, no?

Comment

Not MFA

Comment

Haven't heard anything from our club other than coaches asking players to stay in shape and work on individual technical drills. At this point I'm assuming no spring season, but hoping clubs will offer training over the summer if things clear up by then.
                I’m thinking there will be no spring season, maybe clubs will hold tryouts in May /early June. But I don’t see any games at all this spring.

My kids ECNL club hasn’t done a thing this spring - and her coach hasn’t had any communication with the team at all. The club has had minimal communication but they did send out tryout dates which as of now are scheduled in early May. Oh and they also want us to pay another $20.00 for tryouts - even though they have all of our money for this spring and we have received nothing for that money.

Comment

I’m thinking there will be no spring season, maybe clubs will hold tryouts in May /early June. But I don’t see any games at all this spring.

My kids ECNL club hasn’t done a thing this spring - and her coach hasn’t had any communication with the team at all. The club has had minimal communication but they did send out tryout dates which as of now are scheduled in early May. Oh and they also want us to pay another $20.00 for tryouts - even though they have all of our money for this spring and we have received nothing for that money.
                  What?!! That’s crazy!

Comment

What?!! That’s crazy!
                    That’s insane esp coming from a club like MFA or PDA.

Comment

Charging for try-outs...do they say that they will provide written feedback on your kid whether they make the team or not? That's the only way I could see justifying charging for tryouts.

Comment

Go back to PA knucklehead? FC Bucks Sucks!

Comment

Go back to PA knucklehead? FC Bucks Sucks!
                          This forum is such poison

Comment

ECNL or not I would not want my child their. Not a huge fan or my daughters club but at least they have activities for them to work on and online training sessions.

As for teams into June/July some teams have turnover and some don't. Last year, if I remember right, the SJEB 07 team had half a team that wasn't going to the DA team playing in the EDP Open Semi Finals and Finals 4th of July weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X