Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am curious, why does EFC do this? Just seems like more cost, when the club should be focusing on youth development. Go take ISC’s lunch and fields. Or Cascade. That would be so much more impactful than buying a USL League 2 franchise.
    XF, Pac, WPFC, Gunners all do versions of this. The season is short — May-early July. Provides an opportunity for college kids in the area for the summer, including some from the clubs, to get in games and training. Allows hs age players from the club to get some training with college players. Not a major investment. The better question is why SU and Reign aren’t doing it.

Comment

Butt hurt because DS and DD are on the B team.
      ECNL, half the team is interchangeable with the A team. Top four on the team wont be back. Enjoy your ECNL team made up of b and c players coach. Oh, and great work having the kids waste half an hour once a week playing leapfrog. When is the potato sack race?

As others have noted, rich kid daycare.

Adding U23 screams we don't care about youth soccer.

Comment

Sure, will do. Come (if there is) tryout time, we will be looking at other clubs b/c Eastside is not serious about help placing players into college ball. Don't get me wrong. Eastside is a fine club with great coaches and fields and it has this country club vibe that is very relaxing and nice people and kids. The envious "problem" is that Eastside is generally very affluent and their kids will attend college with or without soccer. I probably could say that for most clubs on the eastside and Seattle, but it is especially apparent in Eastside FC. Meaning, parents and kids are not that serious about college ball or soccer, in general. It is more like a fun and costly hobby of family fun.

This leave the serious players with the skills and drive to be recruited floundering with bad records and poor team showing at showcases. We have to work even harder and places more burden on the player to be noticed by coaches. Texas showcase was pretty sad and that is where the coaches are going to see players. We basically lost a year of soccer and showcases due to corona. We are considering this a fresh start next season and will be aggressive on deciding which club and team will help my kid reach their dream.

If Eastside is reading this, help the players who can win and are serious about college ball. The players who are not that serious can be on the team and help, but allow the ballers to win for the team. Keep the country club, but keep the ballers happy or keep on losing games and serious players. Good luck.
        Yup, it’s all the clubs fault...

Comment

ECNL, half the team is interchangeable with the A team. Top four on the team wont be back. Enjoy your ECNL team made up of b and c players coach. Oh, and great work having the kids waste half an hour once a week playing leapfrog. When is the potato sack race?

As others have noted, rich kid daycare.

Adding U23 screams we don't care about youth soccer.
          I know the coach that does this, not a bad coach, tries hard, pretty good imo. Not every parents cup a tea. Choose the best fit for "YOUR" kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X