• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here are the differences:
    Free vs $1500-$3000
    5 nights per week training vs 2
    talent pool is significantly better overall vs any local club

It's comical for anybody to claim any other local team is offering more. If there is something better, than let's start naming names. Players with no shot at turning pro are replaced at the older ages in the same way they are at every MLS academy. Every player in the TA should know their own shortcomings and should expect to work on them on their own time or expect to be replaced. That's the program. No other club in the state is doing it better at the highest levels.
    Agreed. Premier Gold brings good competition- but on a week to week basis you will see players that are not very talented and in fact the majority of the kids are slightly above average. At this age the elite players crave playing against others that have the talent. The Timbers give these kids this opportunity. I feel bad for those kids that do not make it and even more so to the parents that are butt hurt over it.

Either way- I have a feeling the whole thing will be cancelled now as kids will eventually try out for their premier teams and not want to say yes to the Timbers after committing to their home club.

Comment

Any word on what is happening with this?
      Everything is so bizarre these days....

Comment

Done ?

There is no more US DA, why have this program ?

Comment

At this point TA clubs will just use it to skirt OYSA recruiting rules.

Comment

I’ve been told that the ‘08’s will be cycled back to their clubs. There’s no league for them until the following year.

The Discovery Program is still alive though and trainings will still happen

Comment

I’ve been told that the ‘08’s will be cycled back to their clubs. There’s no league for them until the following year.

The Discovery Program is still alive though and trainings will still happen
              Genius move by who?

The 08's never left their current clubs for the TS shiite show of Discovery.

Training and playing will resume for everyone, we just don't know when or in what form.

Discovery Channel is still happening, that's about it for now.

Comment

MLS is taking over for US soccer. See link

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...outh-academies

So they will play against the same teams as before just with different leadership.

Timbers being kind of lame with the 08's. Got communication from them this week and was nothing more than rambling from Miller. Not much of a confidence builder that they know what they are doing. They had 15ish practices and should have the coaching talent in place to be able to pick players now. Half the time coaches were not watching so maybe thats why.

My son is sticking with his club- Timbers seem messy.

Comment

MLS is taking over for US soccer. See link

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...outh-academies

So they will play against the same teams as before just with different leadership.

Timbers being kind of lame with the 08's. Got communication from them this week and was nothing more than rambling from Miller. Not much of a confidence builder that they know what they are doing. They had 15ish practices and should have the coaching talent in place to be able to pick players now. Half the time coaches were not watching so maybe thats why.

My son is sticking with his club- Timbers seem messy.
                  Same thing happened to the 07s but I’ll say this . My son prefers being on TA. The training and competitive environment is heads and shoulders over the club environment/ da he played on the prior

Comment

Same thing happened to the 07s but I’ll say this . My son prefers being on TA. The training and competitive environment is heads and shoulders over the club environment/ da he played on the prior
                    That’s because your son had the wrong coach.

Comment

That’s because your son had the wrong coach.
                      Nope, it was the other players and crazy parents

I respected the coach for he tried to do with them.

Having 19 kids that bring it every night for practice is what he wants. Parents that don’t feel the need to talk to the coach and instead let the kids do their thing is what I want. We (he) are happy with his situation and will keep on going as long as they will have him.

Don’t worry it’s not for everyone and that’s fine too. I’m just providing one families opinion

Comment

Having 19 kids that bring it every night for practice is what he wants. Parents that don’t feel the need to talk to the coach and instead let the kids do their thing is what I want. We (he) are happy with his situation and will keep on going as long as they will have him.

Don’t worry it’s not for everyone and that’s fine too. I’m just providing one families opinion
                        And one thing about TA: since it is subsidized, the Timbers need not care about what mom and dad think, and parents are out in their place on day one.

Comment

So True

And one thing about TA: since it is subsidized, the Timbers need not care about what mom and dad think, and parents are out in their place on day one.
                          The TA doesn't not need to care about what the parents think, wait, parents don't need to send there kids there either so that isn't true

The TA does answer to a balance sheet and so far it isn't looking to good. Two Home Grown players, one in gone played about 40 MLS minutes and now calls USL Reno Home. The other has been disappointing to say the least.

The discovery program needs to produce players fast or it is just a financial black hole. The Timbers don't need home grown players either. Their roster and attendance shows that.

To conclude the TA needs parents to drop off little Johnny to the their program and the TA coaches need to produce the final product. There is exactly one Oregon born player in MLS and he isn't regularly rostered to the first team

Comment

Your son will quit the game by 17. There is a reason why PTFC is dead last out of all of the academies. They don’t have a clue how to build a culture where kids survive. By U17 most of the players are replaced with what the PTFC staff thinks are better players from out of area. It’s a joke. There’s more to this then training with top players.

Comment

My son also passed on the discovery program. He has always played with 2006-2007’s so he felt like he was playing with babies. The 2007 team looks okay, but it would be a dramatic reduction in playing time and goal scoring if he played on that team. My son doesn’t seem ready for that yet. Time will tell.

Comment

So, if the new MLS Elite Youth League doesn't start until U-15, does anyone have a guess what happens to the current TA U13-U14 groups? Will there still be TA at those ages and/or will they still be subsidized?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X