Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid is GU10 (not on SUSA). I know the top U10 and U9 teams in NYCLS are SUSA teams, and they are clearly a head and shoulders above most of rest of the leage (there are a few other teams just as good though). Whether these kids came up through SUSA or moved there (player stealing below U10??), I don't know, but it seems like most of those have already been playing there for several years, so I expect they developed there at a really young age. If these kids stick around there, and stay pretty free of injury, their future looks pretty good if you ask me.
    But SUSA has at least 2 or 3 teams in these ages, and the others aren't top teams. Will these teams improve and be any better than the rest of the league after a year or 2? (I'm skeptical) It seems the biggest attraction to join SUSA is to be on their best team so they can play ECNL (only above U13) because of the presumed increased college recruiting potential. Paying $5K+ to be on a SUSA B or C team makes sense only if you think that's a fast track to get onto the A team and you'll be able to stay there long enough to actually play ECNL in 3 years. That's a long haul to stick it out for a kid at U10, and I wouldn't do it unless I already lived close to the SUSA facility and the cost wasn't an issue.
    The only problem for the B and C team kids is that they do not, I repeat, DO NOT as a rule train them up to the A team. They recruit in players for the A team...

Comment

Player "poaching" on LI

The only problem for the B and C team kids is that they do not, I repeat, DO NOT as a rule train them up to the A team. They recruit in players for the A team...
      Correct...if you are a B or C Team kid....it is expected that you bust your _SS and get yourself to the A team....If you are not busting your -SS. You are probably right where you should be.

Most kids (probably 99%) go to practice and "go through the motions".

It does not surprize me that a liberal p-ssy snowflake parent made the above comment. Probably thinks there little spoiled brat "superstar" deserves to be on any A team on the plant.

Comment

Correct...if you are a B or C Team kid....it is expected that you bust your _SS and get yourself to the A team....If you are not busting your -SS. You are probably right where you should be.

It does not surprize me that a liberal p-ssy snowflake parent made the above comment. Probably thinks there little spoiled brat "superstar" deserves to be on any A team on the plant.
        Plus the fact that SUSA is recruiting to the outside ! They rather grab a very good player from lets say Barca, offer him a scholarship and there goes the spot that Johnny is working hard on the B team

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2668747]Correct...if you are a B or C Team kid....it is expected that you bust your _SS and get yourself to the A team....If you are not busting your -SS. You are probably right where you should be.

You know I almost thought you would say something constructive, but no, you turned out to be an D*ck. I guess it is because your wife has been going through the motions for years now.
          Enjoy!

Comment

So which is it, they never promote from the B/C teams, or the B/C team kids don't work hard? If your are a B/C team kid who works hard, apparently you'll never be promoted anyway... but I guess it suits you just fine since you know the coach on the A team and he likes the way you fondle his nuts, so your A team slacker is not going anywhere...

Comment

Player "poaching" on LI

Plus the fact that SUSA is recruiting to the outside ! They rather grab a very good player from lets say Barca, offer him a scholarship and there goes the spot that Johnny is working hard on the B team
              some kids need to work harder than others...some kids don't need to practice at all, everyone is different...Thats not my fault, that is gods fault, take it up with him.

But I tell you this: "Hard work always beats talent when talent fails to work hard"

Comment

Player "poaching" on LI

So which is it, they never promote from the B/C teams, or the B/C team kids don't work hard? If your are a B/C team kid who works hard, apparently you'll never be promoted anyway... but I guess it suits you just fine since you know the coach on the A team and he likes the way you fondle his nuts, so your A team slacker is not going anywhere...
                are you saying coaches have favorites?

Comment

are you saying coaches have favorites?
                  I'm not sure....I guess I'm saying the SUSA A team coaches like having their nuts fondled.

Comment

I'm not sure....I guess I'm saying the SUSA A team coaches like having their nuts fondled.
                    Selection should be based on the player's current abilities and nothing else. We know we that's not what occurs all the time and there are reasons why players and their parents are given something that was not earned. Those who do this from the club side, fool no one as even the untrained eye can see the dirty deed. In the end the club only hurts themselves with playing grab-a** with this one or that one. No different then the college admission scandal. There were more qualified kids who deserved spots over the cheats but the almighty dollar forced them down the line. I believe Susa should use their size and market dominance to be better than the club down the road. No need to be best friends with the parents, especially the parents who believe their kid should be playing everyday of the week year round. Clubs should do the right thing the best they can, be open/honest and have integrity throughout. The kids who are innocent in all this deserve nothing less.

Comment

My kid is GU10 (not on SUSA). I know the top U10 and U9 teams in NYCLS are SUSA teams, and they are clearly a head and shoulders above most of rest of the leage (there are a few other teams just as good though). Whether these kids came up through SUSA or moved there (player stealing below U10??), I don't know, but it seems like most of those have already been playing there for several years, so I expect they developed there at a really young age. If these kids stick around there, and stay pretty free of injury, their future looks pretty good if you ask me.
                      But SUSA has at least 2 or 3 teams in these ages, and the others aren't top teams. Will these teams improve and be any better than the rest of the league after a year or 2? (I'm skeptical) It seems the biggest attraction to join SUSA is to be on their best team so they can play ECNL (only above U13) because of the presumed increased college recruiting potential. Paying $5K+ to be on a SUSA B or C team makes sense only if you think that's a fast track to get onto the A team and you'll be able to stay there long enough to actually play ECNL in 3 years. That's a long haul to stick it out for a kid at U10, and I wouldn't do it unless I already lived close to the SUSA facility and the cost wasn't an issue.
                      UMM, SUSA training is crap otherwise their boys teams would be successful too. The reason their girls program is successful is because they purchase their teams from other clubs. They don't know how to develop players. Good players that join do so for the ECNL option. If your kid is truly a good player they don't need to go to SUSA to be discovered or recruited for college. If your kid is doing well academically, all they have to do at the appropriate time is contact the Coaches and attend ID Camps at the Colleges they are considering.

Comment

Player "poaching" on LI

thats a stupid and juvenile comment....But Yes, coaches definitely have favorites.

Coaches will always prefer the kids that are humble, have a strong work ethic, they come to practice early, prepared and ready. They prefer the kids that know how to listen, they prefer the kids that hold themselves accountable, they prefer the kids that are good team mates that help and inspire others to "up there game". They prefer the kids that are leaders on the field.

Coaches do not like complainers, if you are on TS or BOTN complaining, chances are your spoiled brat kid is a complainer as well.

Good kids come and go and the word "Talent" is purely discretionary especially for soccer players (the actual talent pool is deep) but unless you have the above qualities you will not be on any legitimate A team. you will be B, C or D at best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X