Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those crowing about the "best teams" entirely miss the point of player development.
    I was simply stating there is a “Higher Level” of teams within the state, no need to go to Mass.

I understand that not everybody is Pro DA or even pro SUSC but it Would be interesting if SUSC had ECNL and players could play HS if there would still be such a hate for SUSC. Never going to happen though.

Comment

I was simply stating there is a “Higher Level” of teams within the state, no need to go to Mass.

I understand that not everybody is Pro DA or even pro SUSC but it Would be interesting if SUSC had ECNL and players could play HS if there would still be such a hate for SUSC. Never going to happen though.
      I agree and understand your point. Yes, all things being equal I would imagine any player would certainly like to play HS if allowed; but to some (many, most, a few...I have no idea) it's a "nice to have" not a "have to have".

I don't think there is any comparison right now for girls GPS vs. girls SUSC. Boys, I lean toward GPS.

I only referenced that too many discussions on here go toward "which team is better" and, selfishly, I could care less. If my kid is enjoying it (yes), improving (big yes), loves her club and coach (bigger yes) and is in communication with the proper channels to be able to further her playing career to match her college ambitions (absolutely yes), that's what matters.

People too often look at a W-L record and thing something is trash. I will say my kid has learned more from her losses then she does her wins. How you carry yourself after a loss, or a mistake that causes a loss, is the development to look for.

Comment

I agree and understand your point. Yes, all things being equal I would imagine any player would certainly like to play HS if allowed; but to some (many, most, a few...I have no idea) it's a "nice to have" not a "have to have".

I don't think there is any comparison right now for girls GPS vs. girls SUSC. Boys, I lean toward GPS.

I only referenced that too many discussions on here go toward "which team is better" and, selfishly, I could care less. If my kid is enjoying it (yes), improving (big yes), loves her club and coach (bigger yes) and is in communication with the proper channels to be able to further her playing career to match her college ambitions (absolutely yes), that's what matters.

People too often look at a W-L record and thing something is trash. I will say my kid has learned more from her losses then she does her wins. How you carry yourself after a loss, or a mistake that causes a loss, is the development to look for.

Well said. Different strokes for different folks.

Agree with the Girls, and somewhat with the boys. Definitely some strong Boys teams at GPS NH, especially JP’s group and the 06 group are pretty good. With MQ out of the picture it will be interesting to see what happens with the boys.

Comment

In many cases you’re correct.... not in NH though! All academy teams would beat all the NPL teams within the state. End of story. Now crawl back into your little hole, foolish man!
          You are 100% correct. But are the ECNL and DA teams in MA better than SUSC? Yes. So why play for the best team in NH when you can play for a better team overall in MA, if a family can handle the commute?

Comment

You are 100% correct. But are the ECNL and DA teams in MA better than SUSC? Yes. So why play for the best team in NH when you can play for a better team overall in MA, if a family can handle the commute?
            Because they can't handle the commute!

But, the quality of the team you play on really shouldn't be the only factor. Being a bitpart on a great team (or being on an ECNL club's 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th team), happy with your coaching, improving, and getting noticed is more important than playing in a "better team overall".

Comment

Who can't handle the commute?

Who says NH players are bitpart players on MA teams?

Is it upsetting to you that NH girls are able to get to MA and are successful starters/impact players on teams that could destroy Seacoast every time?

Comment

Who can't handle the commute?

Who says NH players are bitpart players on MA teams?

Is it upsetting to you that NH girls are able to get to MA and are successful starters/impact players on teams that could destroy Seacoast every time?
                My family cannot handle the commute.

How many starters on the top MA teams are from NH? In our age group, I know of one (and she's a great player).

What's humorous (not upsetting) is your concentration on game results as something that actually matters. Take our the top MA team in ECNL, and they rest would compete. Sorry if that affects your argument, but it's reality. I know almost all of the players on the rest of the teams and Regional teams, and they have my respect. Same with the players on our team. 80% of the players are interchangeable.

Comment

Pick what works for your situation. ECNL has good players, DA has good players. There are players(from MA & NH) recruited to all levels of D1 on both.

Comment

The "game results don't matter" line typically stops working after middle school ages. By HS, if your kids team can't win, then something isn't right. If the training was as good as you believe, they'd be a winning team.

If winning games as a U16 doesn't matter, when DOES it, for your kid? Not HS as she's turned her nose up at it. Not as a pro as she's said professional soccer players don't make enough money for her. Not on the national team as she doesn't have NT hopes (like the 100% of others that you speak for). So college? That's all that's left. 12 years of training and she MIGHT finally place value on wins and losses should she play in college?

Either you lie through your teeth or your daughter lacks any competitive edge that the best players have.

Does DA hand out participation awards?

Comment

The "game results don't matter" line typically stops working after middle school ages. By HS, if your kids team can't win, then something isn't right. If the training was as good as you believe, they'd be a winning team.

If winning games as a U16 doesn't matter, when DOES it, for your kid? Not HS as she's turned her nose up at it. Not as a pro as she's said professional soccer players don't make enough money for her. Not on the national team as she doesn't have NT hopes (like the 100% of others that you speak for). So college? That's all that's left. 12 years of training and she MIGHT finally place value on wins and losses should she play in college?

Either you lie through your teeth or your daughter lacks any competitive edge that the best players have.

Does DA hand out participation awards?
                      Previous post summed it just fine:

Pick what works for your situation. ECNL has good players, DA has good players. There are players(from MA & NH) recruited to all levels of D1 on both.
                      The never-ending negativity shows more about you than it does anything else. As I've mentioned before, for something that is a worthless league made up of worthless clubs and worthless players, it sure does draw a lot of negativity.

I see something worthless, I ignore it. I see something of concern or intimidating, I'll take note.

Makes me wonder why so much commentary on it.......

Either way, I hope every player enjoys where they play and learns to love the game to better enhance it for future generations. You can continue to keep your negativity in the forefront of your thoughts.

Comment

“Anyone involved with developmental football will tell you results don’t matter,” Scott said. “Certainly in Scotland, where I was working last, their boys academy didn’t even report scores until they were 17. It was irrelevant and a pure development pathway. American soccer is slightly different and judges competitiveness through results at times, and we all know it takes a really good player here or there to make a difference.

“So what I look for is are they trying to implement a style of play that we want, are they competitive in terms of giving their all every game. That’s what I start to look at, and if you do the right things, results will always come. That’s our focus.”

Anyone who has watched many, many games will realize a single game is won or loss on one individual. There are teams out there with one player scoring 20-25 goals in a half-season. The rest of the club has 1/5 of that combined. So, yeah, that team wins a lot, but does that really matter?

Finding that one player, that gem, is hard and NH just doesn't make enough of them to go around. What that doesn't mean is the other 15 players aren't concerned with winning or are trash or are searching for participation trophies...it's the reality that one really good player cannot not be stopped. But, it also doesn't mean you take your ball and go home; work to find away when it's hard.

I'll take a 2-2 tie or a 2-1 loss vs. a 6-0 almost always.

Comment

“Anyone involved with developmental football will tell you results don’t matter,” Scott said. “Certainly in Scotland, where I was working last, their boys academy didn’t even report scores until they were 17. It was irrelevant and a pure development pathway. American soccer is slightly different and judges competitiveness through results at times, and we all know it takes a really good player here or there to make a difference.

“So what I look for is are they trying to implement a style of play that we want, are they competitive in terms of giving their all every game. That’s what I start to look at, and if you do the right things, results will always come. That’s our focus.”

Anyone who has watched many, many games will realize a single game is won or loss on one individual. There are teams out there with one player scoring 20-25 goals in a half-season. The rest of the club has 1/5 of that combined. So, yeah, that team wins a lot, but does that really matter?

Finding that one player, that gem, is hard and NH just doesn't make enough of them to go around. What that doesn't mean is the other 15 players aren't concerned with winning or are trash or are searching for participation trophies...it's the reality that one really good player cannot not be stopped. But, it also doesn't mean you take your ball and go home; work to find away when it's hard.

I'll take a 2-2 tie or a 2-1 loss vs. a 6-0 almost always.
                          Meant to add: If wins and losses are what is driving your decision, I suggest you put your little supahstah in a town league and let them dominate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X