Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Speaking of poaching, Reign Academy has held a couple "Discovery Sessions" for next season, anyone know how they're going?
    What do you have against players checking out other clubs? Most families pay thousands of dollars to participate in youth soccer. If they aren't happy with the product and services they are getting they should be able to check out other clubs without consequences to find a better fit that suits their needs. This is everything wrong with pay-to-play. We pay thousands of dollars but the clubs treat players and families like they own them. It's so backwards. If clubs offer a good product then people wouldn't want to leave.

Comment

Will Sound FC even be around next year?

They should merge with another club like Rush.

Comment

Sound FC is re-joining NYSA, presumably to bail out their finances.

Comment

What do you mean by "re-joining" NYSA? Haven't they always been part of that association?

Comment

They should merge with Snohomish United.

Comment

What do you mean by "re-joining" NYSA? Haven't they always been part of that association?
              When FC Alliance merged with NW Nationals, I believe officially speaking they spun out of NYSA (and SSCYSA) into a separate entity. They are now re-merging with NYSA.

They should merge with Snohomish United.
              Because driving from South Bothell or East Woodinville to Meadowdale for practices at rush hour was too easy?

Comment

What's the deal with their finances? Are they broke? Didn't the Audi sponsorship bring in a lot of money? I did hear that last Spring Sound FC was breaking the bank to bring in coaches. Some of the salary figures being thrown around were shocking. If true, then that's probably part of the story.

Comment

What's the deal with their finances? Are they broke? Didn't the Audi sponsorship bring in a lot of money? I did hear that last Spring Sound FC was breaking the bank to bring in coaches. Some of the salary figures being thrown around were shocking. If true, then that's probably part of the story.
                  I think somewhere else on this forum someone said they were paying $20K per month on their clubhouse and indoor footsal court.

Would be curious to know how much money that Audi sponsorship really brought in.

Comment

wait, wait, are you saying sound fc is paying its coaches better than other clubs?

Comment

wait, wait, are you saying sound fc is paying its coaches better than other clubs?
                      Heard the same. That Sound needed to recruit coaches and was offering much higher wages than other clubs could. Wonder what they agreed to pay Eugene to leave PacNW.....

Comment

Heard the same. That Sound needed to recruit coaches and was offering much higher wages than other clubs could. Wonder what they agreed to pay Eugene to leave PacNW.....
                        True, they didn't lure Pac's top coach / Junior director without forking out top dollars. He was thought of very highly at Pac. It is believed Pac didn't meet Eugene's demand or couldn't match Sounds offer. Truth probably somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Eugene wanted to be closer to home for his family. The commute was killing him and his young family. I'm sure there were other factors as well.

Comment

Any word on sound fc closing up shop? They have nearly nothing on their website and no coaches posted on girls side at all only a few boys coaches from the earlier tryouts.

Comment

We were set to play one of their teams in the state cup and their manager told me that Sound is dissolving because of finances and that they’ll be folded into Northshore and no longer exist as Sound FC. Much like any other RCL club, they have to belong to a local youth association, in their case Northshore.

Comment

I heard they are folding into NYSA. Wondering if they will still play in RCL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X