Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's an idea, just worry about your club and your kid. These are not facts, they're your experiences, which may not be what others experience. If you think that participating in the events you've listed have helped your kid then that's good, that's why you do those things, to give your kid every opportunity. And you clearly have a basis for your belief so I'm not saying that in your experience you're not correct. I am however saying its not my experience. My kid hasn't had to deal with any separation during ID clinics and hasn't had any issues because she doesn't play ECNL, but that's our experience, a third person may say something totally different than both of us. The point is, from my perspective, if you don't like what is going on with Slammers, don't join, but to have 8000 people on here bashing it just seems counter to your position. I know when I think something is garbage, or a joke, or whatever, i don't waste one second of my time on it, life is too short. Rather, i spend my time on things that concern me and affect my family and so for all these people to be on here bashing Slammers and putting them down, it tells me there are a lot of people concerned or worried about how it will affect their kid/family, otherwise they wouldn't post.
    Do you people do anything with an ounce of honesty or integrity? Seriously, anything?

First, it is a fact that 3 schools my kid is looking at recruited 18 2020 players and only 2 weren't ECNL or GDA. One of them was Marist that was a complete ECNL class.
    My point was that I KNOW my kid's team is just as good as the local ECNL & GDA teams, even better in some cases, she just needs to get the coaches to the field to see for themselves. Having State Cup Championships in her bio helps get their attention.

And for someone who claims "i spend my time on things that concern me and affect my family",
    explain to me how my post about MY child's experience with ID clinics, Showcases and Statewide Tournaments affects or concerns you or your family!!! Bunch of hypocrites and liars

Comment

This is so true, I just went back and re-read every post on the first page of this thread and there is not one Slammer person there. This thread was started by someone looking to stir things up and then the entire first page is bashing so it's clear there's no Slammers agenda as someone above claimed, but rather an anti-Slammers agenda.
      OMG you must be kidding! This thread is full of Slammers people posting within minutes of anything else posted. C'mon now, we're not THAT stupid

Comment

OMG you must be kidding! This thread is full of Slammers people posting within minutes of anything else posted. C'mon now, we're not THAT stupid
        yes you are.

Comment

Do you people do anything with an ounce of honesty or integrity? Seriously, anything?

First, it is a fact that 3 schools my kid is looking at recruited 18 2020 players and only 2 weren't ECNL or GDA. One of them was Marist that was a complete ECNL class.
          My point was that I KNOW my kid's team is just as good as the local ECNL & GDA teams, even better in some cases, she just needs to get the coaches to the field to see for themselves. Having State Cup Championships in her bio helps get their attention.

And for someone who claims "i spend my time on things that concern me and affect my family",
          explain to me how my post about MY child's experience with ID clinics, Showcases and Statewide Tournaments affects or concerns you or your family!!! Bunch of hypocrites and liars
          Do you know how to read? That's a serious question

Comment

yes you are.
            Not stupid enough to join the Smithtown Kickers Slammers Cosmos! See you at Jeff Cup! Oh wait, we won't...

Comment

Don't get worked up by haters posting, you are correct. MOST ID clinics will put the kids into different groups and yes, the kids that are already on their radar will be in the same group and that is where the head coach will spend most of their time.
              Don't be discouraged if coaches haven't shown up to showcases just yet. The new rules are allowing them a little more breathing room. Maac schools especially may not be fully funded, therefore they tend to watch recruits well into their Junior year. They don't have the same $ as Power 5s and such to run the risk of blowing a wad of cash on an offer to a Freshman that may not pan out.
              Keep on keeping on, your daughter seems to be on the right track, good luck!

Signed,
              Not a Smithtown parent (obviously)

Comment

Don't get worked up by haters posting, you are correct. MOST ID clinics will put the kids into different groups and yes, the kids that are already on their radar will be in the same group and that is where the head coach will spend most of their time.
                Don't be discouraged if coaches haven't shown up to showcases just yet. The new rules are allowing them a little more breathing room. Maac schools especially may not be fully funded, therefore they tend to watch recruits well into their Junior year. They don't have the same $ as Power 5s and such to run the risk of blowing a wad of cash on an offer to a Freshman that may not pan out.
                Keep on keeping on, your daughter seems to be on the right track, good luck!

Signed,
                Not a Smithtown parent (obviously)
                Another person who can't read, seems to be a lot of those on this board

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X