Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'01 Girls - ECNL only

Now that we are getting ready to step up to the big leagues I figured we needed our own thread so we don't have to read about the low level teams.

A place to discuss our hopes and dreams for our elite kids.

College prep, recruiting, extra training opportunities and the such.

**this thread is for ECNL teams only!!**

Thank you for you cooperation.

This is fun, I'll start. Where are you all planning your next vacation to?

Private high schools: discuss.

This is great. I feel safe here.

Comment

I also vote we have a rule here: no money talk. I'm so tired of hearing the money talk.

Comment

What about appropriate game day attire? What says "my kid is on the best team money can buy" but is still appropriate for sitting/standing by the field?

Comment

??????

Why do so many supporters of ECNL think that there will be extra training? Have they all been playing for rec or sub-standard clubs? Better, probably. More than the best few club teams on age? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Why do so many supporters of ECNL think that there will be extra training? Have they all been playing for rec or sub-standard clubs? Better, probably. More than the best few club teams on age? No.
            Most teams practice twice a week. Some three. FCP ECNL is four times per week.

Comment

Shush. This is not the place to question ecnl. This is the place to adore ecnl. Besides, I don't see your bank statement. Go back to the regular 01 forum with all the riff-raff.

Comment

What about appropriate game day attire? What says "my kid is on the best team money can buy" but is still appropriate for sitting/standing by the field?

I like to go with white polo, khaki shorts and a white visor. Shoes is probably match some white leather work out flats.

Maybe a short white skirt.

For God's sake no yoga pants unless you are a size 2 or smaller and still even then it's pretty over done. Match with black bra, white tank and some colorful Nikes. Black pants.

Comment

See this is fun! It's a safe environment. I can't wait for next year!

Comment

I am going with white Bermuda shorts, leather Euro driving shoes (no socks, of course) a blue/white pinstripe button down shirt with a blue blazer and gold buttons. No pocket kerchief or ascot, that would just be bragging.

Comment

This is fun, I'll start. Where are you all planning your next vacation to?

Private high schools: discuss.

This is great. I feel safe here.
                      It's hard to believe, but it's not too early to start thinking about HS applications. It's getting more competitive by the day and you can't afford to wait until the 11th hour.

Comment

My DD's team

Most teams practice twice a week. Some three. FCP ECNL is four times per week.
                        My DD's team prior to ECNL practiced four times a week if there wasn't a game. Often, this meant a scrimmage of some sort, too. Scrimmages included mainly club teams, boys or girls, with some other club teams on equal age. Not an improvement unless you DD played for a 2 or 3 times a week team.

Comment

Please don't point out how dumb we are. This is not a place for anyone to think critically.

Comment

We got to train this much. From what I understand, 1:4 team isn't even going to be able to play and the rest have to split time with 17 players. I hope we don't get dominated, I might be paying 50$ per touch on the ball this weekend.

But don't worry, at least my kids college tuition is being well spent!

Can't wait!

Comment

We got to train this much. From what I understand, 1:4 team isn't even going to be able to play and the rest have to split time with 17 players. I hope we don't get dominated, I might be paying 50$ per touch on the ball this weekend.

But don't worry, at least my kids college tuition is being well spent!

Can't wait!
                              Oh you're so cute, TA parent thinks you have to chose between a college education and ECNL?! Should have stayed in school... then you wouldn't have to make such tough choices. Now go back to your own thread and complain about costs. Bye-bye now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X