• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the BEST YOUTH SOCCER VIDEOs EVER

If you watch this and do not get excited about soccer shame on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1y0QerV4Js

Have some fun and remember to enjoy the game

I saw a video of paint drying that had a little more excitement to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yeah, but paint can be really interesting.

Comment

Watching corn grow is equally exciting.

Comment

107 views and not a dry eye among the group.

Comment

Thanks just watched it and nicely done!

Comment

Must be wrong video ?

Exceptionally inane comments but a voice talent with no talent. You must have linked to the wrong video. Might excite U-10's.

Comment

I hope the last poster is not a coach or has anything to do with youth.

Comment

love the way they show kids stretching and running around cones. it's always good to show the worst practices in coaching when putting together a promo piece.

Comment

How can I have fun and remember to enjoy the game when that entire video is all about preparing for battle? With tension-filled music to boot!

I am so stressed out now.

Comment

love the way they show kids stretching and running around cones. it's always good to show the worst practices in coaching when putting together a promo piece.
                      you just showed how much you do not know about the game....I'm sure you're not embarrassed because you haven't got a clue why what you said is embarrassing.

Comment

How about this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj48v25De54 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCdfqVnA-4 , or maybe even this one.

Comment

you just showed how much you do not know about the game....I'm sure you're not embarrassed because you haven't got a clue why what you said is embarrassing.
                          right, I think you mean I understand modern coaching standards and reject those that are outdated and proven incorrect.

static stretching - not an appropriate warm up.

Research work by McNair (2000)[1] and Knudson (2001)[2] suggests that the use of static stretches are more appropriate for the cool down. By contrast, dynamic stretches - slow controlled movements through the full range of motion - are the most appropriate exercises for the warm up.

In the past, static stretching was the preferred method of pre-activity warm-up, and is still used to a large extent. Static stretches are performed with a prolonged hold and are used to increase the length of soft tissue and the flexibility of a specific muscle. This form of stretching has the most profound effect on a specific tissue known as collagen. Collagen is the cellular framework found in our muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Recent research has found that static stretches have a neuromuscular effect on the muscle’s performance and may decrease strength in the stretched muscle group for up to one hour. It is our belief that this induced weakness could contribute to an increased risk of injury. Static stretching still has its place, and is still an important aspect of an athlete’s overall health. Static stretches help to reduce injury by maximizing flexibility and improving biomechanics. Static stretching is very useful and beneficial to be done not only after activity, but also to increase and maintain muscle length and flexibility.- http://www.therapeuticassociates.com...ching-for-warm up

I will give you that some of the cone running was dynamic motion, however I believe it replaced proper warmup that uses a ball, engages the mind and give them game like touches.

Comment

Perspective

If posters think this is a great video that gets them excited about the game, I pity their children. From "welcome to the grind" to "right way versus the easy way", the narrator's pronouncements are trite, juvenile and simply stupid given the topic at hand. This game is important to many, but's it's not life and death. How do you consul the loosing players? Just tell them they didn't work hard enough, aren't very bright, and just a loser in the first place? Maybe repeat "victory is the only thing keeping you alive"? Utter garbage. I guess some people stopped thinking once they heard about the WMD's in Saddam's Iraq.

Comment

right, I think you mean I understand modern coaching standards and reject those that are outdated and proven incorrect.

static stretching - not an appropriate warm up.

Research work by McNair (2000)[1] and Knudson (2001)[2] suggests that the use of static stretches are more appropriate for the cool down. By contrast, dynamic stretches - slow controlled movements through the full range of motion - are the most appropriate exercises for the warm up.

In the past, static stretching was the preferred method of pre-activity warm-up, and is still used to a large extent. Static stretches are performed with a prolonged hold and are used to increase the length of soft tissue and the flexibility of a specific muscle. This form of stretching has the most profound effect on a specific tissue known as collagen. Collagen is the cellular framework found in our muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Recent research has found that static stretches have a neuromuscular effect on the muscle’s performance and may decrease strength in the stretched muscle group for up to one hour. It is our belief that this induced weakness could contribute to an increased risk of injury. Static stretching still has its place, and is still an important aspect of an athlete’s overall health. Static stretches help to reduce injury by maximizing flexibility and improving biomechanics. Static stretching is very useful and beneficial to be done not only after activity, but also to increase and maintain muscle length and flexibility.- http://www.therapeuticassociates.com...ching-for-warm up

I will give you that some of the cone running was dynamic motion, however I believe it replaced proper warmup that uses a ball, engages the mind and give them game like touches.
                              watched the video again an noted less than 15 touches in the section that showed warmups. this section lasted around 1 min, plenty of running and stretching though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X