Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

http://www.timbers.com/news/2014/09/portland-timbers-thorns-fc-and-oregon-youth-socce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.timbers.com/news/2014/09/portland-timbers-thorns-fc-and-oregon-youth-socce

Im going to make something very clear. I am associated with the "alliance" so don't think that I'm some OPL admin or whoever, not that they are much better considering the hoarding of money they had and terrible developmental ideas.

http://www.timbers.com/news/2014/09/...istoric-10-yea

Here is something you should know.

1. Timbers have done very little to "help" the alliance clubs they are apart of besides a new kit you have to buy and a random training at the stadium once a year if they choose your age group which is NOTHING special and maybe 5% of the kids in the alliance participate.

2. They have rights to the players (boys) but they don't do anything in return. The curriculum isn't any different.

3. Opportunities????? Where? For coaches? For players? They took something like 9 kids to Europe? Thats sounds amazing for those 9 kids but doesn't do jack for anyone elses club or players.

4. Resources???? From what I hear, they took money from a club right off the bat because they had a sponsorship line up and decided to take a cut.

5. Collaboration between alliance clubs??? They have an opportunity in the PDX and SW area to merge teams for things etc and become the strongest on girls and they are already strongest on boys but regardless no one seems to do that nor is there anyone after coming under the timbers umbrella to plan or execute that.

Does it help the rogue valley and small clubs? Maybe? What has anyone done since the big clubs came under the umbrella years back.......

This is one of the handful of announcements that are filled with rhetoric like support, curriculum, etc and PLEASE if there is something that they have done which they may have besides making OPL pull their head out, please share because I would really like to what it is........

Would those clubs be better off breaking off?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im going to make something very clear. I am associated with the "alliance" so don't think that I'm some OPL admin or whoever, not that they are much better considering the hoarding of money they had and terrible developmental ideas.

http://www.timbers.com/news/2014/09/...istoric-10-yea

Here is something you should know.

1. Timbers have done very little to "help" the alliance clubs they are apart of besides a new kit you have to buy and a random training at the stadium once a year if they choose your age group which is NOTHING special and maybe 5% of the kids in the alliance participate.

2. They have rights to the players (boys) but they don't do anything in return. The curriculum isn't any different.

3. Opportunities????? Where? For coaches? For players? They took something like 9 kids to Europe? Thats sounds amazing for those 9 kids but doesn't do jack for anyone elses club or players.

4. Resources???? From what I hear, they took money from a club right off the bat because they had a sponsorship line up and decided to take a cut.

5. Collaboration between alliance clubs??? They have an opportunity in the PDX and SW area to merge teams for things etc and become the strongest on girls and they are already strongest on boys but regardless no one seems to do that nor is there anyone after coming under the timbers umbrella to plan or execute that.

Does it help the rogue valley and small clubs? Maybe? What has anyone done since the big clubs came under the umbrella years back.......

This is one of the handful of announcements that are filled with rhetoric like support, curriculum, etc and PLEASE if there is something that they have done which they may have besides making OPL pull their head out, please share because I would really like to what it is........

Would those clubs be better off breaking off?
    Interesting topic I would like to hear more! BUMP!

Comment

Interesting topic I would like to hear more! BUMP!
      I would think more teams would leave! The only one person has benefited from moving over is SCOTT THOMPSON! They promised him if you come over we will make you a thorns coach! Low and behold there you go. Has not benefited bridelmile one bit cause they as a club are not very good but helped Scott

Comment

SO ,,,, they do nothing for the B teams !!!!!!! All clubs are acting the same. Oregon soccer is a big business not a training ground environment. Organized high dollar REC.

Comment

SO ,,,, they do nothing for the B teams !!!!!!! All clubs are acting the same. Oregon soccer is a big business not a training ground environment. Organized high dollar REC.
          Yep, Oregon soccer blows.
          Just glorified rec teams with expensive kits.
          Terrible and no redeeming qualities.
          ECNL is a joke.

Comment

I would think more teams would leave! The only one person has benefited from moving over is SCOTT THOMPSON! They promised him if you come over we will make you a thorns coach! Low and behold there you go. Has not benefited bridelmile one bit cause they as a club are not very good but helped Scott
            Exactly! That is why Tina moved all the FCSC teams to OYSA when she became the Thorns Academy coach. Oh wait, that did not happen?

Comment

Should I write my response in broken English so that you might understand better? Maybe google the word "conjunction" it might help people better understand your postings.

I'm sure the fact THAT (see the usage) Scot is an ex Timber, was still involved with the club and is a excellent coach might have had something to do with his position with the Thorns and his move over to OYSA.

So are you saying that in your mind if BSC was a better club THAT they would have benefited from the move to OYSA but because they "are not very good" they haven't? Not sure how this makes a difference. They have teams in all the OYSA Prem Leagues and seem to hold their own well there, but you think they would be better off in the Rec Plus OPL NPL? How would this be more beneficial?

I'm guessing from your bad grammar, poorly formed and supported ideas that your are a THUSC parent/coach.

Comment

As a CFC parent I have not seen any benefit from our club becoming a timbers club. Realistically nothing has changed other than the patch on our jerseys.

Comment

As a CFC parent I have not seen any benefit from our club becoming a timbers club. Realistically nothing has changed other than the patch on our jerseys.
                  A sentiment shared by all parents at all Alliance clubs I'm sure. Same ****e, new name.

Comment

I'm not sure what being a TA gets your club but I'd say being in OYSA has gotten you better competition.

Comment

I'm not sure what being a TA gets your club but I'd say being in OYSA has gotten you better competition.
                      This is true in some age groups but not all. Overall, OYSA has a higher level of competition on the boys side, OPL on the girls side. But once you get past the top 4-5 teams in each league, it pretty much evens out and the lower divisions are well enough balanced that they provide appropriate competition.

The split league is not the huge problem that a lot of people seem to think it is. It is not so bad that the OPL should just fold up their tent. I think the OPL provides a viable alternative to the Timbers league and many (200+) teams have decided it's the better choice for them, for a variety of reasons.

Comment

A lot of the benefits of joining the Timbers Alliance are being built right now. I think that the clubs that joined will be much better off 2 years from now.

Comment

Questionable counting...

This is true in some age groups but not all. Overall, OYSA has a higher level of competition on the boys side, OPL on the girls side. But once you get past the top 4-5 teams in each league, it pretty much evens out and the lower divisions are well enough balanced that they provide appropriate competition.

The split league is not the huge problem that a lot of people seem to think it is. It is not so bad that the OPL should just fold up their tent. I think the OPL provides a viable alternative to the Timbers league and many (200+) teams have decided it's the better choice for them, for a variety of reasons.
                          Looks like 191 teams to me. Not sure where you get 200+.

Comment

well actually, not really, before CFC became a TA club all the teams were still in OPL, every major club was all in one place.

Comment

Looks like 191 teams to me. Not sure where you get 200+.
                              I stand corrected. And Timbers league is at 269 with 131 (or 49%) being "Timbers" teams.

There are a ton of leagues out there that would love to have 191 or more teams. If either league was down below 100 I'd start to worry but as it is there is adequate competitive balance within each league.

At the end of the season we can calculate the competitive balance of each league to determine which one provided their teams with the best "like vs like" competition. After all, that is what leagues are for...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X