Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why spend a lot of money to be on teams that won't win much? My daughter is hyper competitive and wants to win. I don't blame her.

Ten thousand dollars is a lot of money.
    It is. That's why it doesn't cost that much. It will cost more then playing in just the OPL/OYSA leagues however, that is because they travel. Let us know how many coaches you have contacted show up to that uber competitive NEU vs. BSC match your dd is playing in this fall.

Comment

It is. That's why it doesn't cost that much. It will cost more then playing in just the OPL/OYSA leagues however, that is because they travel. Let us know how many coaches you have contacted show up to that uber competitive NEU vs. BSC match your dd is playing in this fall.
      Aren't you full of yourself. Who made the ECNL team, you or your dd? I'll assume you are U14 since you're referencing a NEU game and they don't go any older. So you're contacting colleges coaches already and asking them to come scout your 13yr old, please, they'd laugh in your face. That's great you're doing ECNL but it's not for every family or every player, so don't c-r-a-p on other people's choices just because you have decided to do something else. It's thusc parents like you that make everyone so happy to see you get your arse handed to you, and it happens a lot now, last years nwcl league (0-8), in Arizona, at mustang, this year's nwcl, oh wait do I see a pattern forming? Tons of college coaches have your team on their radar.

Comment

Why are you posting at 3:45 am? Don't have much of a life do you.

Comment

Well there is 24 hours in a day. For a large segment of society, "life" begins when you're putting your head down to sleep.

Comment

I think a fair price for ECNL fees would be about $2,000 plus any travel expenses that I would incur. My limit would be about 3 showcase events plus throw in Surf.

Comment

I say cap total costs at $3000 and were in!

Comment

I think a fair price for ECNL fees would be about $2,000 plus any travel expenses that I would incur. My limit would be about 3 showcase events plus throw in Surf.
                Yeah, because Surf is so easy to get into and there is no doubt that our ECNL teams are going to be of that quality.

Comment

Well there is 24 hours in a day. For a large segment of society, "life" begins when you're putting your head down to sleep.
                  Then you should stay asleep and not get up to post.

Comment

"I say cap total costs at $3000 and were in!"

Us too!!

Comment

I say cap total costs at $3000 and were in!
                      I like it. So with that kind of money you could pay for a years worth of training, play in either of the OPL/OYSA split leagues and have enough money to go to one large out of state tourney like surf. Assuming they would take any teams from Oregon anymore. Maybe the 'New Surf Cup', the one in Utah or Las Vegas or whatever.

It kills me that people want their kids to go all over and not pay for it.

Comment

Hell, I was just getting home.

Who doesn't have much of a life?

Comment

Damn straight. Bars don't close until 2:30 AM in Oregon.

Comment

You. You get home at 3:45 in the morning and then rather than going to bed, you go to TS and post.

Comment

Agree it is about player effort to be good. Unfortunately it does not matter how good you are if you are not seen. That's the sad part.
                              Depends on what you are about…Being seen by the best college coaches in the world does not make a player any better.

If you are about development the scholarships will follow. If all you are about is scholarships development may be a pipe dream.

My kids play because they love the game, not because I am driving them to get a scholarship. The are highly competitive, and good students who will get far more academic aid then athletic money, and would rather choose a school that teaches what their interested in, instead of whatever school will give them money for sports...

Comment

You. You get home at 3:45 in the morning and then rather than going to bed, you go to TS and post.
                                I was taking a break from the twins I picked up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X