Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overlap View Post
    Reading the ECNL merger announcement for Crossfire Premiere and Seattle United I was struck by the last sentence where they said that price to participate would drop from $5,500 to $4,900. Now I image that is the price for the 14 & 18 age groups and the 15,16 and 17's pay more to reflect their additional travel but still that is a far cry from the numbers the local clubs are asking players to absorb.

When I read that I wondered if the people who are resistant to the ECNL locally would have the same objection if it was just $1,100 more than what the Thorns are offering for a blended team?

So what is the price break point for our local market? I know there people in this chat room who hate individual coaches and even entire clubs but on a "conceptual" basis is $5,000 the magic number?
    Unfortunately, more because of past history than because of league specifics, there is no price at which I would consider ECNL.

The clubs involved (FC,THUSC,andOSSA) have too many times been more about greed, and taking then they have ever been about contributing to player growth and development. Add to that the harpy shrillness shown on here by many of the advocate parents, and the negatives compounding against OPL and there is no price that would bring me across the ECNL line.

It is disappointing because I think the national ECNL product is great. It is those providing the local model however who ruin its implementation.

Hopefully over the next several years they see the light and remove some of the toxic personalities. ECNL as a product is good enough it could bridge the divide between OPL and OYSA and truly involve the best from both sides, if the idiots at the top quit engaging in the political nonsense.

Comment

I would have my dd do ECNL if it were $2000 a year for training plus money for traveling.

Oh, that is what we're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We're in for the $23,000 per year.
        I think you need to go back a read a few pages.

Comment

I would have my dd do ECNL if it were $2000 a year for training plus money for traveling.

Oh, that is what we're doing.
          Too bad the coaching still sucks.

Comment

Too bad the coaching still sucks.
            Versus?

Comment

Versus?
              vs the coaching I expect for the rate being charged. The vacant claim that the ECNL coaches are better than the TA coaches means nothing in the grand scheme. I am not deciding whether to do thorns or ECNL. I am deciding yes or no on ECNL, with the coaching presented there is no way it is worth the price of admission.

Comment

What Price would make you do ECNL?

Answer: ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Comment

vs the coaching I expect for the rate being charged. The vacant claim that the ECNL coaches are better than the TA coaches means nothing in the grand scheme. I am not deciding whether to do thorns or ECNL. I am deciding yes or no on ECNL, with the coaching presented there is no way it is worth the price of admission.
                  I am with you. Although I'm not that familiar with the FCP coaches, I am with the CU coaches and there is one that I think is decent and he coaches U18. Fraser, Kibbwe and Tom are worthless. Tom is proving to be nothing better than a recruiter, Fraser isn't even a good DOC and Kibbwe has proven nothing. If they want people to come over than they better find some better coaches. Put Rochelle and Gaff in there and you might get more people willing to come over.

Comment

I would do it for $2000 for training fees and then any additional for traveling expenses.

Comment

I would do it for $2000 for training fees and then any additional for traveling expenses.
                      Are they recruiting better players to make the training more worthwhile?

Comment

Are they recruiting better players to make the training more worthwhile?
                        That, like anything in girls soccer in this area, depends on which club, which age? It would appear training with the U14's at FCP is competitive. My guess is the old onyx team age bracket and Zirconium will be as well. So without really knowing anything about ECNL I would say yes for certain teams. It is.

Heck, for the extra couple hundred bucks a year for the extra practices, even mediocre training is worth it. Better then what my dd gets now, but alas, she didn't try out.

Comment

That, like anything in girls soccer in this area, depends on which club, which age? It would appear training with the U14's at FCP is competitive. My guess is the old onyx team age bracket and Zirconium will be as well. So without really knowing anything about ECNL I would say yes for certain teams. It is.

Heck, for the extra couple hundred bucks a year for the extra practices, even mediocre training is worth it. Better then what my dd gets now, but alas, she didn't try out.
                          So is the mediocre training caused by the coaches, of is it caused by the motivation of the players. No coach or League is going to MAKE a player better. It is entirely up to the effort put in by the player. If the player believes they will just become great because of the team they are on, they are sure to be disappointed.

Comment

So is the mediocre training caused by the coaches, of is it caused by the motivation of the players. No coach or League is going to MAKE a player better. It is entirely up to the effort put in by the player. If the player believes they will just become great because of the team they are on, they are sure to be disappointed.
                            Very true, that is why she didn't try out. She is fine playing competitive rec.

Comment

Agree it is about player effort to be good. Unfortunately it does not matter how good you are if you are not seen. That's the sad part.

Comment

Why spend a lot of money to be on teams that won't win much? My daughter is hyper competitive and wants to win. I don't blame her.

Ten thousand dollars is a lot of money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X