Liars and crooks run the Timbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does your DD want to play at a Pac-12 school?

that is awesome!

you don't need ECNL then.

you can do it on your own

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

that is awesome!

Everyone knows that. What's the problem with doing ECNL also?

Comment

that is awesome!

Currently, not many do. But everybody knows that. Nothing wrong with ECNL, Thorns, ODP, private training, futsol, friendlies, H.S. etc.

Buck up little camper!

Comment

My DD is a college graduate, so it's not really relevant is it? She didn't play soccer either.

Take your pick from the following. It's the most recent Top 25 as voted on by the coaches as of yesterday. That ought to be reliable enough even for your demanding standards. Some things, however, don't change much, and I'd have picked more or less the top five plus the schools I mentioned below at top 10 programs just based off of memory and recent history and from following the UP program over the years.

1 UCLA
          2 Florida State University
          3 University Of Virginia
          4 Stanford University
          5 University Of Florida
          6 University Of North Carolina
          7 Pepperdine
          8 Texas A&M University
          9 University Of Kansas
          10 Virginia Tech
          11 Penn State University
          12 DePaul University
          13 University of Notre Dame
          14 Rutgers University
          15 University Of Wisconsin
          16 West Virginia University
          17 University of Georgia
          18 University of Central Florida
          19 Brigham Young University
          20 University Of Washington
          21 Clemson University
          22 Texas Tech University
          23 University Of California
          24 University Of Michigan
          25 Georgetown University

For my top programs, I'd take the top 5, add in NC, ND and Penn State. If you're looking for solid soccer and an academic priority, I'd add UW, Cal, Michigan and Georgetown to the list. If there are Oregon players at those schools, that's great. My post was mostly a response to the "my dd is better than yours" that another poster commented on and the apparent assumption that whatever program that kid got into was a "top" program.

My comments have nothing to do with ECNL, although I'm interested in ECNL generally because I think it would be good for the local soccer community for it to succeed and I know a lot of the coaches. I want them to be successful as well.

As for your dd, I wish her every success.

If you have some other programs to add to a top program list, that's great. The programs I identified have been generally recognized as top women's programs for years. I don't really have the time or interest to check the rosters looking for players from randomly chosen states.
          2014s:
          Florida State
          Columbia
          Cornell

Perhaps Cornell and Columbia do not meet your rigorous standards but I find them impressive.

Funny that is your list because it would not be mine. Even so, my child actually got offers (in line with her accepted offer at two schools on your list. She had no interest in moving to those specific college towns. Equating an accepted offer or attendance at one of these schools with the ability to receive an offer (because Oregon is so terrible) is not an accurate reflection.

I do find it almost disturbing that your kid didn't play in college and yet you are still compelled to come on to a youth soccer blog and bash other people's kids. Carry on!!

Comment

What, you can only waste time if you've got a DD currently playing soccer? That doesn't seem fair. What about boys who have friends that are girls? Does that count?

Your response fails to make a single relevant point on the topic which was what are top women's college soccer programs and are any Oregon players playing there. If you disagree, then disagree with a point. A reference to an anonymous opinion versus the current coaches poll isn't really an argument regarding what is a top program. If you think that the programs identified haven't historically been top programs (national championships etc) then point it out. You can't.

There's nothing wrong with other schools and there's no reason why players who go to them shouldn't be happy with their choices, and their families proud of them but that really has nothing to do with whether or not a program is a top program now does it? That's it for today. I'm busy.
            You're busy eh? The lawns need mowing or the toilets need cleaning? Which is it. As has been pointed out now by multiple posters, you are a loser with nothing to offer. And clearly you don't read nor listen because there are many Oregon girls playing at the schools you listed. I'm not sure why you can't comprehend that. Just go through the rosters of the Pac 12 schools, or the WCC schools and you will see them. Stop being a lazy **** and look it up yourself and answer your own question. Now get back to whatever it is you do, everyone appreciates clean toilets and without you, they would be unhappy.

Comment

eeww why are you on here.

My DD is a college graduate, so it's not really relevant is it? She didn't play soccer either.

Take your pick from the following. It's the most recent Top 25 as voted on by the coaches as of yesterday. That ought to be reliable enough even for your demanding standards. Some things, however, don't change much, and I'd have picked more or less the top five plus the schools I mentioned below at top 10 programs just based off of memory and recent history and from following the UP program over the years.

1 UCLA
              2 Florida State University
              3 University Of Virginia
              4 Stanford University
              5 University Of Florida
              6 University Of North Carolina
              7 Pepperdine
              8 Texas A&M University
              9 University Of Kansas
              10 Virginia Tech
              11 Penn State University
              12 DePaul University
              13 University of Notre Dame
              14 Rutgers University
              15 University Of Wisconsin
              16 West Virginia University
              17 University of Georgia
              18 University of Central Florida
              19 Brigham Young University
              20 University Of Washington
              21 Clemson University
              22 Texas Tech University
              23 University Of California
              24 University Of Michigan
              25 Georgetown University

For my top programs, I'd take the top 5, add in NC, ND and Penn State. If you're looking for solid soccer and an academic priority, I'd add UW, Cal, Michigan and Georgetown to the list. If there are Oregon players at those schools, that's great. My post was mostly a response to the "my dd is better than yours" that another poster commented on and the apparent assumption that whatever program that kid got into was a "top" program.

My comments have nothing to do with ECNL, although I'm interested in ECNL generally because I think it would be good for the local soccer community for it to succeed and I know a lot of the coaches. I want them to be successful as well.

As for your dd, I wish her every success.

If you have some other programs to add to a top program list, that's great. The programs I identified have been generally recognized as top women's programs for years. I don't really have the time or interest to check the rosters looking for players from randomly chosen states.

Comment

That's all I need to know about you to stop reading and to disregard anything you say about this issue.

Comment

That's all I need to know about you to stop reading and to disregard anything you say about this issue.
                  Just curious, what is it about having a DD who plays that makes someone an expert about whether a program is a top soccer program or not?

I don't think Irwin or Baarts have DDs playing soccer, but I'd value their opinions on the topic -- wouldn't you? How about dePinna?

Comment

Just curious, what is it about having a DD who plays that makes someone an expert about whether a program is a top soccer program or not?

I don't think Irwin or Baarts have DDs playing soccer, but I'd value their opinions on the topic -- wouldn't you? How about dePinna?
                    Because you are using it as a way to put down Oregon soccer, yet you have no way of knowing how difficult it is to get offers to various schools, yet for some reason, you don't value them. You may know all there is to know about the game of soccer. But you don't know squat about what it takes to get offers, nor how difficult it is to play at various progams (not everyone makes the travel squad), nor what it takes to remain there at the program. That's the basis of my comment. There are Oregon players currently, or who have left over the past 5 years, at many programs that have been ranked and ranked highly, at one point or another. This is the basis of my comment. You haven't been through it, yet you feel you have the ability to judge. And I can tell you I am but one poster here who has ridiculed you about this. There are many others, as you should be able to tell by the posts. And trust me, I haven't posted multiple times about this, it is other posters. Now go back to work.

Comment

Because you are using it as a way to put down Oregon soccer, yet you have no way of knowing how difficult it is to get offers to various schools, yet for some reason, you don't value them. You may know all there is to know about the game of soccer. But you don't know squat about what it takes to get offers, nor how difficult it is to play at various progams (not everyone makes the travel squad), nor what it takes to remain there at the program. That's the basis of my comment. There are Oregon players currently, or who have left over the past 5 years, at many programs that have been ranked and ranked highly, at one point or another. This is the basis of my comment. You haven't been through it, yet you feel you have the ability to judge. And I can tell you I am but one poster here who has ridiculed you about this. There are many others, as you should be able to tell by the posts. And trust me, I haven't posted multiple times about this, it is other posters. Now go back to work.
                      I have a player playing in college and helped others get there so I've got a fairly good idea how things work and how hard it is. That's what cracks me up about the responses in this thread. There are these wild assumptions about who knows what and proud boasts about ridiculing people. Really? Stick with things that you actually know.

My post started with whether there are any Oregon girls playing in top soccer programs and moved from there to what are top soccer programs. One is a simple, objective question -- where do Oregon girls play? The other is subjective, but there should be consensus about what schools have top soccer programs. For example, everybody should be able to agree that North Carolina is a top soccer program just like everyone should be able to agree that Harvard is a top university. Some are both. It devolved from there.

You are right about one thing: I do need to get back to work.

Comment

I have a player playing in college and helped others get there so I've got a fairly good idea how things work and how hard it is. That's what cracks me up about the responses in this thread. There are these wild assumptions about who knows what and proud boasts about ridiculing people. Really? Stick with things that you actually know.

My post started with whether there are any Oregon girls playing in top soccer programs and moved from there to what are top soccer programs. One is a simple, objective question -- where do Oregon girls play? The other is subjective, but there should be consensus about what schools have top soccer programs. For example, everybody should be able to agree that North Carolina is a top soccer program just like everyone should be able to agree that Harvard is a top university. Some are both. It devolved from there.

You are right about one thing: I do need to get back to work.
                        Well it's clear that you can answer this question yourself. You know which programs are in your top 10 and can easily look up their rosters on the innerweb.

Comment

If it relates to the University of Portland Men's and Women's Soccer program their is opinion is the bottom line. Anything other topic is up for debate.

Comment

Well it's clear that you can answer this question yourself. You know which programs are in your top 10 and can easily look up their rosters on the innerweb.
                            I don't think that was his intent. I think his intent in all of this was to put down Oregon soccer by coming up with a list of programs where he knows few of our girls attend. Sorry, but why is UNC going to look at a girl the entire country away when they can find girls who fit their program closer? Just because we don't have any players there, it doesn't mean that we couldn't. I know a lot of girls want to get away, but not a 5 hour plane ride. But if he wants to say Oregon soccer is terrible, he can have at it. I know a lot of girls who are going to play at very good programs and they can hold their head high

Comment

I don't think that was his intent. I think his intent in all of this was to put down Oregon soccer by coming up with a list of programs where he knows few of our girls attend. Sorry, but why is UNC going to look at a girl the entire country away when they can find girls who fit their program closer? Just because we don't have any players there, it doesn't mean that we couldn't. I know a lot of girls want to get away, but not a 5 hour plane ride. But if he wants to say Oregon soccer is terrible, he can have at it. I know a lot of girls who are going to play at very good programs and they can hold their head high
                              I totally agree with this.
                              The three I listed on the East Coast are kids that didn't mind moving across the country and all three have parents that have the means and to some extent time to go watch their games anyway. It is very impressive! Even so, if my DD chose an East Coast school I would only be able to see her streaming on the computer as I still have to work and am a little strapped for time and money. Honestly, I think I would be depressed. I am so glad that she chose the PAC 12 so that I can continue to watch her play. I am selfish that way and apparently she still loves her family around. :-)

Comment

I totally agree with this.
                                The three I listed on the East Coast are kids that didn't mind moving across the country and all three have parents that have the means and to some extent time to go watch their games anyway. It is very impressive! Even so, if my DD chose an East Coast school I would only be able to see her streaming on the computer as I still have to work and am a little strapped for time and money. Honestly, I think I would be depressed. I am so glad that she chose the PAC 12 so that I can continue to watch her play. I am selfish that way and apparently she still loves her family around. :-)
                                You're lucky. It's great to watch them play and if you don't have to break the bank to do so, then all the better. I think that this "elite program" poster doesn't realize that the defending national champion resides in the Pac 12 as do a number of programs who have been in the tournament the last few years and some that have made it to the final 16 and even final 8. When you have teams like that in your conference, every team has to step up their recruiting to be able to compete. Apparently he also isn't looking at the past two years where the ACC was the top conference, but the Pac 12 was close behind. I think this year there has been anywhere from 4 to 6 teams ranked in the top 25 and many other's getting votes. I'm sorry mine isn't going to be as close, but I can still see her play via tv or the computer and can travel a reasonable distance to see her play when she's in the Pac NW. But since she, and I suspect your dd, aren't in his definition of Elite programs, we should somehow feel inadequate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X