• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    todays predictions:

West Linn over Central Cath
    Southridge over L.O.
    Lincoln over Putnam
    Clackamas over Jesuit (two game losing streak??)
    Tualatin over Sunset
    Sherwood over Barlow
    Grant over Tigard
    Sunset over Tualatin 2-1

Comment

todays predictions:

West Linn over Central Cath
      Southridge over L.O.
      Lincoln over Putnam
      Clackamas over Jesuit (two game losing streak??)
      Tualatin over Sunset
      Sherwood over Barlow
      Grant over Tigard
      Replace

L.O. over Southridge
      Sunset over Talatin.

Comment

Replace

L.O. over Southridge
        Sunset over Talatin.
        No way - on both. LO's got nothing and Southridge is a pretty good team. Sunset Tualatin should be a great game but Tualatin gets the nod.

Comment

Sunset over Tualatin 2-1
          Too conservative for the Sunset parents on here. Make it more like 5-0 Sunset. Or is Sunset sending their JV team. If that's the case, then 2-1 Sunset is probably more realistic. If it's their JV2 team, then maybe 1-1. I mean, Sunset is so loaded with talent that they have JV2 players who are varsity starters at most other schools.

Comment

Too conservative for the Sunset parents on here. Make it more like 5-0 Sunset. Or is Sunset sending their JV team. If that's the case, then 2-1 Sunset is probably more realistic. If it's their JV2 team, then maybe 1-1. I mean, Sunset is so loaded with talent that they have JV2 players who are varsity starters at most other schools.
            you have issues.

Comment

3-1 Sunset
              2-1 if JV2

Comment

Well Sunset HS has a few ECNL reserve players on their team and they just beat Skyview 3-1 So just curious.
                Is soccer now a two or three person game? A full team of average club players could beat three national team players on most days simply because they don't have the really bad players in the mix. Ridiculing the high level players that happen to play for a non soccer power house high school doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Is soccer now a two or three person game? A full team of average club players could beat three national team players on most days simply because they don't have the really bad players in the mix. Ridiculing the high level players that happen to play for a non soccer power house high school doesn't make sense to me.
                  totally agree, everything being equal.

Comment

you have issues.
                    I think it's the Sunset parents on here who have issues. Clearly they don't like being shown how stupid they appear. Given that they have so much talent, this year should be a cakewalk to the state championship for them. Anything less than a 3-0 win in the state championship will be a disappointment. And if you don't think that all of the bravado that the Sunset parents threw out here isn't going to get thrown right back at them all year long, well you should just stay off TS then.

Comment

Sunset has a team(s) full of above average club players.

Comment

Sunset has a team(s) full of above average club players.
                        That may be and even if they were only average I would expect them to beat most high school programs. The reality is that most high school soccer sucks as soccer goes. It is difficult to watch, riddled with players throwing sloppy slide tackles and thug moves because they don't have the skill to finesse. If Sunset wins it all, that is awesome for Sunset.

On the other hand, there will be players on really crappy high school teams that will go on to enjoy college soccer and will be fine not having won a high school championship. I understand how people get wrapped up in high school soccer. I can't help but believe that most of the parents that are the biggest high school soccer fans are NOT parents of players who have had high level soccer success. Those parents are cringing even if their high school team is winning.

Comment

That may be and even if they were only average I would expect them to beat most high school programs. The reality is that most high school soccer sucks as soccer goes. It is difficult to watch, riddled with players throwing sloppy slide tackles and thug moves because they don't have the skill to finesse. If Sunset wins it all, that is awesome for Sunset.

On the other hand, there will be players on really crappy high school teams that will go on to enjoy college soccer and will be fine not having won a high school championship. I understand how people get wrapped up in high school soccer. I can't help but believe that most of the parents that are the biggest high school soccer fans are NOT parents of players who have had high level soccer success. Those parents are cringing even if their high school team is winning.
                          Agreed. To me High school soccer is kind of like vacation from club soccer. It's just a couple months out of the year and a lot less running around in the car. That being said... Sunset should take it all.

Comment

No way - on both. LO's got nothing and Southridge is a pretty good team. Sunset Tualatin should be a great game but Tualatin gets the nod.
                            1/3 of LO is injured. Sunset Tualatin is the game of the week.

Comment

1/3 of LO is injured. Sunset Tualatin is the game of the week.
                              Sunset Tualatin won't even be close.

Comment

The Sunset bravado is going to make it that much more enjoyable whenever they lose and when they get knocked out of the playoffs. I suspect it is coming from parents of freshman and sophomores.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X