Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U13 Boys teams

Are there any decent u13 boys teams in the Vancouver area. I need to find my son a good team, but really don't want to have to cross the bridge several times a week for practices. With traffic it's just too hard to always be where we need to be at the times practices are held.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are there any decent u13 boys teams in the Vancouver area. I need to find my son a good team, but really don't want to have to cross the bridge several times a week for practices. With traffic it's just too hard to always be where we need to be at the times practices are held.
    Timbers red.

Comment

I agree, Timbers Red. Also, maybe check out Pacific FC, my kids have played in all the Vancouver Clubs and I really like them. Don't know about that age group at Pacific but in general I would only play Timbers if you are Reds, otherwise Pacific. I would also avoid Salmon Creek if you're looking for boys.

Comment

If you don't like driving across the river then you probably won't like driving to Eugene, Medford & Bend for those single league games with the Timbers.

Comment

If you don't like driving across the river then you probably won't like driving to Eugene, Medford & Bend for those single league games with the Timbers.
          Yes, make a year long decision based off of a couple road trips. Can we get over using this as a reason? if you make a year long decision based off 1 or 2 trips then you are making decisions based on poor reasons. Find a team that fits your sons skill level that will push him to become better with a coach he likes. Thats all you should worry about with it. In vancouver Timbers for boys is probably your best first option.

As far as the league for this coming fall, if your in the top division your only trips will probably be to bend and salem. I don't think any of the others (eugene, medford) will make the top division.

Comment

I don't mind driving for games, but 3 practices a week at 5:00 or 6:00 is hard with work and traffic. We just moved here a few months ago and have been playing in Portland on a friend's team, but living in Vancouver, would like to get him moved closer to where we are. Don't know much about the clubs here yet.
            Why play only Timbers Reds? Don't they have several teams at that age? I will check Pacific out. Have not heard very good things about that club. Someone told me they lost a bunch of teams this year.

Comment

Who coaches the Timbers Red and Pacific FC teams? Any good? Any good options across the river?

Comment

I don't mind driving for games, but 3 practices a week at 5:00 or 6:00 is hard with work and traffic. We just moved here a few months ago and have been playing in Portland on a friend's team, but living in Vancouver, would like to get him moved closer to where we are. Don't know much about the clubs here yet.
                Why play only Timbers Reds? Don't they have several teams at that age? I will check Pacific out. Have not heard very good things about that club. Someone told me they lost a bunch of teams this year.
                Timbers red are head and shoulders above anyone else in vancouver right now for that age group. Their coach is Eihab who is one of the DOC's. There other teams are on par with the pacific and FCSC teams. Honestly if he can make the reds team thats the place to play. If he can't then it comes down to getting to know the different coaches and seeing which team not only fits his personality but also a team that fits what you want him to learn. Some focus more on long ball and direct attack and some focus more on possession and skills. I am not going to tell you which I believe focuses on which because on here everyone will argue all night over who teaches what better, thats why I would recommend you personally talk to the coach and look at what they have to offer and then make your decision.

Comment

Timbers red are head and shoulders above anyone else in vancouver right now for that age group. Their coach is Eihab who is one of the DOC's. There other teams are on par with the pacific and FCSC teams. Honestly if he can make the reds team thats the place to play. If he can't then it comes down to getting to know the different coaches and seeing which team not only fits his personality but also a team that fits what you want him to learn. Some focus more on long ball and direct attack and some focus more on possession and skills. I am not going to tell you which I believe focuses on which because on here everyone will argue all night over who teaches what better, thats why I would recommend you personally talk to the coach and look at what they have to offer and then make your decision.
                  Really comes down to whether he going to play HS soccer in a couple years. If so then only option is Timbers.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have started contacting the different clubs and I hope I can get some more info and a tryout. We missed all the tryouts in the area. My son has been playing since he was 4 and it's all he does, so looking to get him somewhere he can take his playing as far as he wants to. We have had recommendations from a trainer that we met to check out Salmon Creek as well. I suppose I will just have to start taking him to the fields and meeting coaches and teams.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have started contacting the different clubs and I hope I can get some more info and a tryout. We missed all the tryouts in the area. My son has been playing since he was 4 and it's all he does, so looking to get him somewhere he can take his playing as far as he wants to. We have had recommendations from a trainer that we met to check out Salmon Creek as well. I suppose I will just have to start taking him to the fields and meeting coaches and teams.
                      Might want to look at their website and see how many boys teams they even have over there first.

Comment

Might want to look at their website and see how many boys teams they even have over there first.
                        Did they make the Timbers red?

Comment

Sound like it's time to move him to basketball.

Comment

Might want to find a different trainer, with some better advice. Salmon Creek lost every game in the Mt. Hood Challenge, finishing in dead last.

Comment

Might want to find a different trainer, with some better advice. Salmon Creek lost every game in the Mt. Hood Challenge, finishing in dead last.
                              I heard they were a new team to Salmon Creek. Maybe they are just getting going. I think some of you might judge too soon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X