Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just as an FYI, we played a game there beginning October last year, and it was a literally a mud rink. You couldn't even walk on it without slipping, let along play soccer. One of our kids got a concussion from slipping and hitting the back of her head, out for a month. No bashing ***C here, they have lots of great teams. But there is a reason they have partnered with Director's Mortgage to upgrade their fields! And Hallelulah.

Actually worried about playing there this weekend. Wonder if there is a point that they would reschedule games if it gets really bad with all of this rain we are expecting from the tropical storm? Silly to play when you can't walk on it.......
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. The only thing I take exception with is the fact that when we travel to Portland/suburbs, we play on horrible grass fields all the time... equally bad. We live in the Pacific NW, it rains like he11 here. Grass grows in dirt. Soccer cleats dig down into the dirt. Dirt mixes with water. This becomes mud. And the later it gets into the rainy season, the muddier it gets. The muddy soccer fields are everywhere. The one exception I will say is I really like the Tualatin Hills Rec Center fields. Those fields stay pretty decent even in the rain. But in the fall/winter I crave stadium turf like everyone else... not for the kids, for ME! :)

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The only thing I take exception with is the fact that when we travel to Portland/suburbs, we play on horrible grass fields all the time... equally bad. We live in the Pacific NW, it rains like he11 here. Grass grows in dirt. Soccer cleats dig down into the dirt. Dirt mixes with water. This becomes mud. And the later it gets into the rainy season, the muddier it gets. The muddy soccer fields are everywhere. The one exception I will say is I really like the Tualatin Hills Rec Center fields. Those fields stay pretty decent even in the rain. But in the fall/winter I crave stadium turf like everyone else... not for the kids, for ME! :)
      I absolutely agree with you here. YES, there are lots of crappy grass fields out there, from Vancouver to Eugene and further. In my experience though (and my opinion is just one), the Harmony fields have been the worst we have ever played on during the rainy season. Literally more mud than grass. I am not overexaggerating. :)

Comment

I absolutely agree with you here. YES, there are lots of crappy grass fields out there, from Vancouver to Eugene and further. In my experience though (and my opinion is just one), the Harmony fields have been the worst we have ever played on during the rainy season. Literally more mud than grass. I am not overexaggerating. :)
        Looks like all fields will be bad this weekend. Will fields get cancelled because of the rain? It has only happended a couple of times for us in soccer, but is there a chance this weekend?

Comment

What grass fields are you playing on in Eugene?

Comment

Looks like all fields will be bad this weekend. Will fields get cancelled because of the rain? It has only happended a couple of times for us in soccer, but is there a chance this weekend?

Ha- ha-ha that's funny

Comment

Vancouver cow pastures are terrible.

Comment

Vancouver cow pastures are terrible.
                You people just need to quit whining like little babies. 1/2 the world would kill to be so fortunate to play soccer on one of these 'cow pastures'. Instead, they play on concrete, unlevel dirt, and sometimes garbage dumps. They seem to be developing ok.

Comment

You people just need to quit whining like little babies. 1/2 the world would kill to be so fortunate to play soccer on one of these 'cow pastures'. Instead, they play on concrete, unlevel dirt, and sometimes garbage dumps. They seem to be developing ok.
                  I'm sure half the world would love to have clean water to drink too. That doesn't mean we have to drink our own waste water.

Comment

Games in some locations will have to get cancelled today. The fields are going to be unplayable.

Comment

I'm sure half the world would love to have clean water to drink too. That doesn't mean we have to drink our own waste water.
                      Quit your crying. If mud bothers you, either move or play tiddly winks. Big baby.

Comment

Quit your crying. If mud bothers you, either move or play tiddly winks. Big baby.
                        Yes. You are much more of a man than I am because you want your 10 year old daughter falling and twisting her ankle in unsafe mud pit fields. Soccer is so much more important than safety. Real men have tougher daughters I totally stand corrected. Back to my tiddlywinks.

Comment

That's what AFLAC is for

Comment

I agree. Going to Harmony is very similar to visiting a third world slum. Only the crowds are better dressed in Brazil. Viva Vancouver Favelas!

Comment

You're missing the point, the mud level is unplayable. We would be lucky and prefer to play on concrete (aka street soccer) or unlevel dirt vs. The Harmony fields in winter. Our kids would have less of a chance of getting hurt. That's okay, we can all just sue.

Comment

You're missing the point, the mud level is unplayable. We would be lucky and prefer to play on concrete (aka street soccer) or unlevel dirt vs. The Harmony fields in winter. Our kids would have less of a chance of getting hurt. That's okay, we can all just sue.
                                Pathetic. Yeah, just sue. Gawd, I truly hate people like you. Ruining this country. Seriously, take a look in the mirror and scold yourself. Better yet, pull your pants down and whip your own *** until you learn a lesson.

Your kid would have less chance getting hurt if you put her in front of the Xbox and don't let her go outside.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X