Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Come on, really? Name one soccer complex that is in worse condition than Harmony? I'm not talking Parks & Rec or school yard fields, but soccer-specific complexes? I've been to a lot of them around the metro area and I've never seen field conditions (not to mention the parking lot) as bad as they are at Harmony every fall. Hope ***C can get someone to loan them the money to actually install the turf they've purchased. But, of course, after 6 months of trying, they still haven't figured out how to get a permit to place an office trailer at Harmony so don't hold your breath that they'll have the turf down any time soon...
    I don't know why you are bashing ***C.....We played at Harmony last weekend and it was fine....trouble is the last two weeks of October and fist week of November when season ends can be messy....

who else has a soccer complex in the area? I don't think anyone does so your question can't be answered....personally I hope they get their turf fields next year....they will be the only club in the PDX area to own their own fields....can't say that for my club and you probably can't say that for your club

Comment

I don't know why you are bashing ***C.....We played at Harmony last weekend and it was fine....trouble is the last two weeks of October and fist week of November when season ends can be messy....

who else has a soccer complex in the area? I don't think anyone does so your question can't be answered....personally I hope they get their turf fields next year....they will be the only club in the PDX area to own their own fields....can't say that for my club and you probably can't say that for your club
      They don't own the land. They might own the top layer of the turf once it's installed but that's about it.

And I hope you don't have to play there this weekend. 2" of rain will turn those fields to mud in a matter of hours.

Comment

They don't own the land. They might own the top layer of the turf once it's installed but that's about it.

And I hope you don't have to play there this weekend. 2" of rain will turn those fields to mud in a matter of hours.
        and your club owns?
        oh that's right, your club doesn't even own their own goals.....your club probably works in the red each year while ***C has $500K and just cut a check for $275 for 2+ turf fields....I appreciate the person two posts above not ripping on ***C...it's ok to hate...your club is the best place for you....thanks for the IP Address also.....you knooooooow! Go Blue and yellow!

Comment

you are right....***C has only 18 years left on the lease....at any time if Clark County wanted to take the land back they would have to replace it somewhere else at Clark County expense....not a bad lease agreement.
          Smart move by ***C....the Clark County area needs more turf...not sure why anyone would come on here bashing....the whole PDX area needs more turf complex's....I guess the bashers are either jealous or just plain stupid.

Just like the poster said above....what has your club done to make it better? I don't care if this is the 10th time ***C has tried to build fields, build a huge office or pave the parking lot - why would we bash that? Why would we bash a club trying to get better...they are trying to service their members the best they can with the resources they have...it's not the most ideal but it is the best in the area. Persistence will pay off in the end...let's chat in 12 months

Comment

and your club owns?
            oh that's right, your club doesn't even own their own goals.....your club probably works in the red each year while ***C has $500K and just cut a check for $275 for 2+ turf fields....I appreciate the person two posts above not ripping on ***C...it's ok to hate...your club is the best place for you....thanks for the IP Address also.....you knooooooow! Go Blue and yellow!
            I'm with the blue and yellow, you knoooow, and we all want the fields build too. The couv needs better facilities. Paranoid much?

Comment

I'm with the blue and yellow, you knoooow, and we all want the fields build too. The couv needs better facilities. Paranoid much?
              Yes, of course. That makes perfect sense. ***C is paranoid about FCSC. Right. Sure.

Comment

Yes, of course. That makes perfect sense. ***C is paranoid about FCSC. Right. Sure.
                Then why throw out the obvious slam? I didn't say ***C is paranoid about FCSC, I said YOU are paranoid about FCSC. Everyone in PDX hates the fields at Harmony. Any one of the thousands of parents in the local soccer area could have made the comment, but you jump in with accusing a FCSC parent of it. Sounds like a little paranoia to me.

Comment

Why would ***c be paranoid fcsc nut?

As long as victor, Tina, and joe keep being victor Tina and joe there is little need for that club to have to worry about anything.

Comment

As long as victor, Tina, and joe keep being victor Tina and joe there is little need for that club to have to worry about anything.
                    Except to make room for the all the kids that leave FCSC each year to go to the Timbers.

Comment

***C is not paranoid about FCSC, YOU ARE. ***C could care less about a small club, but you sir/madam, are surely at least obsessed with this little club. Chill out an enjoy your DD/DS's soccer.

Comment

Just as an FYI, we played a game there beginning October last year, and it was a literally a mud rink. You couldn't even walk on it without slipping, let along play soccer. One of our kids got a concussion from slipping and hitting the back of her head, out for a month. No bashing ***C here, they have lots of great teams. But there is a reason they have partnered with Director's Mortgage to upgrade their fields! And Hallelulah.

Actually worried about playing there this weekend. Wonder if there is a point that they would reschedule games if it gets really bad with all of this rain we are expecting from the tropical storm? Silly to play when you can't walk on it.......

Comment

Except to make room for the all the kids that leave FCSC each year to go to the Timbers.
                          I think that's what the poster meant. As long as Victor, Tina, and Joe keep being themselves... People will continue to leave fcsc to ***c.

I thought they were a select club anyway?!

Comment

I think that's what the poster meant. As long as Victor, Tina, and Joe keep being themselves... People will continue to leave fcsc to ***c.

I thought they were a select club anyway?!
                            Victor has not been a part of FCSC for 2 years now. It's fall 2013, get out from under your rock. We get it your club is awesome and all powerful, and we are just fools. Now can we just move on, after all this is a Washington Timbers thread, not a FCSC thread.

Comment

Who is FCSC anyway.

Comment

Who is FCSC anyway.
                                Just a small club in Vancouver. Will you guys just stop bickering, no wonder the Portland people think we are all nuts in "Vantucky".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X