Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everything will change once everyone sees how poorly the ecnl teams perform. Spending ten grand to lose big won't last long.

Plus, if you are a top player you will want to play a lot. They are carrying big rosters so that means you will wind up with a lot of mediocre players on the rosters.

Isn't playing important for development?

Plus, most of the top players in Portland can't afford the cost.

I wish them well but I am not confident this will be successful.
    Assume much?

Comment

Everything will change once everyone sees how poorly the ecnl teams perform. Spending ten grand to lose big won't last long.

Plus, if you are a top player you will want to play a lot. They are carrying big rosters so that means you will wind up with a lot of mediocre players on the rosters.

Isn't playing important for development?

Plus, most of the top players in Portland can't afford the cost.

I wish them well but I am not confident this will be successful.
      Yeah like what happened to every other club in the country that got an ECNL bid, they just went totally under........ NOT.

Comment

Were going to wait a year or two to see if it takes off.

Comment

Sorry buddie, this is why THUSC, FC PORTLAND AND CROSSFIRE will become the go to clubs for the best girl soccer players. Because yes, you will have the upper hand being in a Pre-ECNL team or an ECNL reserve team. Just wait and see. OYSA for girls soccer is going down the drain from her on out. Those clubs have no responsibility to give you anything. Just like 99 percent of the clubs across the country with ECNL, those three clubs will be the best, hands down. in Oregon. It may not be in a year or two, but it will happen.
          If so these clubs have sealed their fate. I would think especially FC would know better after they nearly went bankrupt after their attempt at a 10,000 / year boys academy…Sound familiar? The market didn't support it, if they follow this yahoo's path they won't support ECNL either.

Comment

If so these clubs have sealed their fate. I would think especially FC would know better after they nearly went bankrupt after their attempt at a 10,000 / year boys academy…Sound familiar? The market didn't support it, if they follow this yahoo's path they won't support ECNL either.
            There is no money in boys youth soccer. And the recession hit at the same time. There is lots if money floating around girls youth soccer though.

Comment

Depends on skill.

FCP's U13 pool is pretty good sized and has some talent. They may not need as many outside players to make a squad. However, if 15 girls come from outside and they are better players then the existing ones, there will be 15 new players on that ECNL team. It's competitive soccer.

I think rosters are limited to 24, and so far from what I have seen clubs like to leave room for discovery players. So you are probably looking at an initial roster of around 18 to 22.

You are right some may not want to commit to the time, but because there are so many practices, they are a little more flexible. League matches are grouped together like tourneys. It's more manageable then one would think. If your dd doesn't travel they don't pay for that obviously.

Costs will come down as this gets more organized. Fund raisers, sponsorships, etc. will help to alleviate traveling costs.
              FCP's 01 team is in a much better position to field a competitive team than FCP's 00 team.

FCP's 01 team has been one of the better 01 teams for several year. The 00 team was one of the worst until the influx of new players wanting to play ECNL.

I don't see a long line of people who want to give away a bunch of money for about 100 girls to go play travel soccer. I would bet on costs going down by much.

Comment

FCP's 01 team is in a much better position to field a competitive team than FCP's 00 team.

FCP's 01 team has been one of the better 01 teams for several year. The 00 team was one of the worst until the influx of new players wanting to play ECNL.

I don't see a long line of people who want to give away a bunch of money for about 100 girls to go play travel soccer. I would bet on costs going down by much.
                I think you are being a little unfair with the 00's.

Now, considering only about 20 girls will make the ECNL team. That would leave enough girls to still have a top notch 'Navy' team and a "White" team. With that said, if your dd wants to travel, win and play ECNL. Where would she want to go? Yeah, the competition might be stiffer at the 01's then it was at the 00's. But the 00's by adding 5 or 6 players and their play ups are arguably one of the better teams in the region. Just how good will FCP's 01's be by simply doing something similar. If you are going to spend money on traveling you may as well be on a good team.

Costs for training are not that much more (a few hundred dollars). The ECNL costs are for traveling. I'm sure you knew that but simply failed to articulate it coherently.

Comment

'01 Girls-ECNL only

I have a question. Why is it that people like you think they have to sell ECNL? I mean, if it's that great, it should sell itself. And are any of those great players associated with the Oregon teams, or are you just riding the coattails of the accomplishments of others? The transitory property doesn't apply to ECNL.
                  When 74% of the U14-U19 GYNT players are ECNL players, the facts (statistics) sell the ECNL. Results at the highest level of girls youth soccer speak for themselves. BTW, where is your compelling argument, backed by verifiable statistics? It's non-existent, just as we thought.

Get over your ECNL envy. See a therapist, asap!

Comment

When 74% of the U14-U19 GYNT players are ECNL players, the facts (statistics) sell the ECNL. Results at the highest level of girls youth soccer speak for themselves. BTW, where is your compelling argument, backed by verifiable statistics? It's non-existent, just as we thought.

Get over your ECNL envy. See a therapist, asap!
                    IF it sells itself, why are you on here beating the drum to tell everyone how great it is? You are bursting your blood vessels over nothing it seems. Yes, a lot of the great talent around the country plays on ECNL teams (you seem pretty good at going to the ECNL website and regurgitating the numbers they throw out), but ECNL didn't make those players. Those players were top players before ECNL. If your dd is mediocre (and I think we all know the answer), then don't expect her to get much better. She'd be better off playing local and traveling to a couple of out of town tournaments. And it would save you a lot of money in the process.

Comment

Sponsorships will be the primary tool for keeping costs down. Fundraising realistically won't be happening a lot due to practical time constraints with increased training.
                      Is it true that many of the girls are getting subsidies? I've heard that LO had a lot of money and has devoted it to ECNL and allowed a lot of the girls to get their costs reduced.

Comment

There is no money in boys youth soccer. And the recession hit at the same time. There is lots if money floating around girls youth soccer though.
                        But wait I thought the Timbers grabbed OYSA out of Greed and Avarice while ECNL made their noble actions pursuing the greater good of soccer.

Oh wait it is the Oswego Reality Distortion field where everything goes backwards. You accuse others of what you are guilty of, while trying to appear Nobel and above the fray.

Well, let the fleecing commence.

Comment

But wait I thought the Timbers grabbed OYSA out of Greed and Avarice while ECNL made their noble actions pursuing the greater good of soccer.

Oh wait it is the Oswego Reality Distortion field where everything goes backwards. You accuse others of what you are guilty of, while trying to appear Nobel and above the fray.

Well, let the fleecing commence.
                          Why do you think the Timbers HAD to have a Thorns Academy? To put on a show that they care about girls soccer so the money would keep flowing into their coffers. Without the Academy, all the girls flee and take their rich Dads with them.

Comment

Is it true that many of the girls are getting subsidies? I've heard that LO had a lot of money and has devoted it to ECNL and allowed a lot of the girls to get their costs reduced.
                            If they don't cut the costs 50% or more they will really struggle to field competitive teams.

Comment

If they don't cut the costs 50% or more they will really struggle to field competitive teams.
                              Not sure about that. Looking at the CU rosters on the ECNL site, the HS age teams look pretty competitive.

Comment

Um..... considering the recruiting area, I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X