Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They did the same thing last year with the joint league (OPL and OYSA). They would tear the OYSA apart this year as well.

They are doing it to attempt to repeat the NPL championships. They can play spring ball in WA and then play in that championship. If you are going to crush the competition, there may as well be a sliver lining in it. They gain nothing playing fall in OYSA.
    I don't think they would tear apart OYSA
    The best teams are in OYSA at this age group

At least they would get two good games with Eugene, Eastside, rogue valley and Copa TS

Those 8 games alone are better than 8-2 drubbing of C teams in the OPL

In fact, looking at all of the OPL you can say the same

The quality is in OYSA as a whole

Comment

At least they would get two good games with Eugene, Eastside, rogue valley and Copa TS

The best team is in ECNL...

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        i don't think they would tear apart oysa
        the best teams are in oysa at this age group

at least they would get two good games with eugene, eastside, rogue valley and copa ts

those 8 games alone are better than 8-2 drubbing of c teams in the opl

in fact, looking at all of the opl you can say the same

the quality is in oysa as a whole
        still trolling........

Comment

EST and WST did well the last year or two based on beef. Although, I will admit that EST has two or three quality players, one of which is stellar. The rest of the age groups (both OPL and OYSA), Have or are getting their growth spurts. The aggression advantage both teams had, has dissipated. I include WST because of their win tactics but they were not on the same level as EST. They got lucky with a few wins last fall (OPL) to finish as high as they did.

Cue the fade into darkness. Enjoy your season, then everyone can go play H.S. next year and be done with competitive soccer.
          The one who is stellar does not play soccer anymore.

Comment

They would shred OYSA.

It appears the only match that might be interesting is the new and improved ETMC side. Only interesting, not necessarily a good match.

Comment

The one who is stellar does not play soccer anymore.
              I know EST lost a couple of girls to FCSC the year before last. But the one I'm thinking of as 'stellar', I would be shocked if she wasn't still playing, somewhere.

Comment

They would shred OYSA.

It appears the only match that might be interesting is the new and improved ETMC side. Only interesting, not necessarily a good match.
                Eugene tied Salmon Creek in Lake O tourney pool play before losing 1-0 to them in finals. 3rd time's a charm?

Comment

Eugene tied Salmon Creek in Lake O tourney pool play before losing 1-0 to them in finals. 3rd time's a charm?
                  Definitely a measuring stick. But I wouldn't put a ton of weight on summer tourneys. Looking at FCSC scores so far this fall in OPL, I see some 2 - 0 scores are these teams playing them that well? Or more likely they (fcsc) are taking their foot of the pedal when clearly in command of the match. Good teams don't need to prove anything by running up the score.

But that said, I would agree that Eugene now appears to be the cream of the crop in the OYSA league. Good for them.

Comment

I know EST lost a couple of girls to FCSC the year before last. But the one I'm thinking of as 'stellar', I would be shocked if she wasn't still playing, somewhere.
                    We disagree on the definition of the word "stellar".

The only player I would consider as "stellar" on last year's team is no longer playing soccer.

Comment

What position did the girl play that you think of as being stellar?

Comment

What position did the girl play that you think of as being stellar?
                        She probably could have played anywhere. But she was playing C. Mid.

Comment

She probably could have played anywhere. But she was playing C. Mid.
                          We are talking different people.

Comment

We are talking different people.
                            Clearly

Comment

Clearly
                              Looking at the current record, I would have to say that the "stellar" player is the one who is no longer playing.

Comment

I heard that FCP and CU ECNL teams had a friendly on Sunday, FCP won 4-2. Anyone have the details?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X