Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No doubt, but politics play a role too. If you don't think so, you are ignorant. Sometimes a coach wants to do things to the player but can't because of the DOC.
    This sounds like some lame cop-out excuse for not focusing on team development.
    I think you're the ignorant one.

Comment

I've bought my son a milkshake after a nice goal.

Comment

I've bought my son a milkshake after a nice goal.
        I buy mine new underwear

Comment

Wait until ODP tryouts or when your team is in college showcases. Then the ball hogging gets worse. There is a renowned ball hog at our age group, which along with politics, got her some good ODP attention and invites to a lot of select events. She also hogged the ball in showcases. The funny thing is, it hasn't translated to an offer for her. Her dad told everyone she would have an offer a year ago. Karma.
          At tryouts, ball hogs get noticed. Assisters do not unless it's a stunner of an assist.

On our team, we had a hog, and the players complained to each other and the coach and the offending player is now playing defense.

Comment

One parents Ball Hog is another coaches Star!

At tryouts, ball hogs get noticed. Assisters do not unless it's a stunner of an assist.

On our team, we had a hog, and the players complained to each other and the coach and the offending player is now playing defense.
            Sometimes the "ball hogs" are keeping the ball and doing all the shooting because the balance of the front line is standing still yelling the hogs name while covered!

Now if the other players are moving and open and have a history of receiving a pass and being productive with it and the Hog is not passing after taking a few shots of her own then it's a different story.

Comment

Paying your kid for a goal

When this was initially occurring on my daughter's team I just couldn't figure out why one of her teammates wouldn't pass the ball to wide open players. My daughter told me what was going on so the coach was informed and he announced it was not a good practice. The behavior continued until before 1 game I t told the parent instigator that I was going to announce to the other team members I would pay them $20 not to pass the ball to her DD for the next 3 games. She was pissed, miffed and it finally stopped. The coach thanked me later. Assists and goals scored tripled.
              Excellent point! I support you 100% on this! Self-serving soccer mom who paying her dd for each goal, quite living through your daughter. Don't let her watch the "Real Housewives of Oregon" with you anymore. Go get your nails done. Do whatever! Dear God, just drop your daughter off at the games and leave. She's far better off!
              Thanks.

Comment

This sounds like some lame cop-out excuse for not focusing on team development.
                I think you're the ignorant one.
                No, it was the parents who didn't realize this was going on who were the ignorant ones. And then it was the parents of the girl who wanted everyone to think that their dd earned everything, but didn't want everyone to know that they were treated special because of DOC politics, that were ignorant.

Comment

$10 per assist, $20 per goal, $100 for a hat trick at U14 and above.
                  What about a well executed flop in the box? Doesn't that deserve a monetary reward?

If it results in being awarded a penalty kick (self-assist $10) and goal ($20) ,
                  then it should be worth $30...... Limit one per player per game.

Comment

How many parents just go out and buy their kids $90 jeans or the best cell phones? It is a lot cheaper rewarding a child a few dollars for playing good soccer and make them save it up for something they want later. Anyone reward their kids for good grades still?

Comment

It is a lot cheaper rewarding a child a few dollars for playing good soccer and make them save it up for something they want later. Anyone reward their kids for good grades still?
                      Good soccer is not the same as selfish behavior in soccer.

Comment

What about a well executed flop in the box? Doesn't that deserve a monetary reward?.
                        Onyx parents have coughed up thousands based upon this.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                          What about a well executed flop in the box? Doesn't that deserve a monetary reward?.

Onyx parents have coughed up thousands based upon this.
                          I found this secretly taped video of the TA practice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4vJ0BDhZU

Comment

Are parents still paying kids for scoring? High school age kids?

If I didn't hear it with my own ears, I would have thought it impossible. But I did. Club soccer. High school age.

I asked my boy if that would motivate him and he said that it would be insulting.
                            We are on the CU ECNL U14 team. All of the parents are offering up big dollars for goals. I had budgeted $500 for the year. I'm adjusting that down to $50 and will still likely have a lot left over.

Comment

Comparison

How many parents just go out and buy their kids $90 jeans or the best cell phones? It is a lot cheaper rewarding a child a few dollars for playing good soccer and make them save it up for something they want later. Anyone reward their kids for good grades still?
                              Paying a child for a goal is a lot like paying your wife for sex. The result seems OK until you realize what that makes the two of you and what the hell is she going to do with all those quarters?

Comment

My boy plays up front, if he does his job and finishes, I peel off a few bills. His coach seems a little irritated that he runs over to the sideline and grabs them right out of my hands. I don't care, look at all of the money wasted on "participation trophies" that are collecting dust. If you do your job you should get paid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X