X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Correct, Camas lost to last years champions. What was the score again? That's right, wasn't it 7-0 vs Central Valley? While Union lost 0-1 to Mead, who then lost to Central Valley 0-1. Don't get so caught up in last years defending League/District champs, as the previous year Camas went 0 and 3 vs Union. Last year the scores were 4-0 Union, 1-0 Camas, 1-0 Camas. Union has done way too well vs Camas for you to be thumping your chest. It will come down to these 2 teams again, but just let the girls play and leave it alone.
    Outsiders observation here: looks like camas did get the better of union last year. Also did not camas place 4th in state the year you said they beat Camas 3 times? Where did union place? I can't find them in the state placement that year. I believe the poster was making a great observation in terms of soccer in Vancouver and saying that union is tough and so is camas but until union dethrones camas they do carry the advantage. I fail to see the chest thumping you mention. I take it you have sour grapes over the matches. Sounds like the girls will play soon enough.

Comment

Oh

Correct, Camas lost to last years champions. What was the score again? That's right, wasn't it 7-0 vs Central Valley? While Union lost 0-1 to Mead, who then lost to Central Valley 0-1. Don't get so caught up in last years defending League/District champs, as the previous year Camas went 0 and 3 vs Union. Last year the scores were 4-0 Union, 1-0 Camas, 1-0 Camas. Union has done way too well vs Camas for you to be thumping your chest. It will come down to these 2 teams again, but just let the girls play and leave it alone.
      Oh one other note when mead played Spokane valley. Spokane valley was missing their star forward wa Gatorade state player of the year and WNT player in the game as she was at national camp. That girl is worth the price of admission.

Comment

and an ECNL coach
        ECNL coach for what club?

Comment

predictions for tonight's games:

Jesuit over Wilson
          Westview over Or. City
          Sherwood over Beaverton
          Grant over Central Catholic
          Tualatin over Wilsonville
          Liberty over Glencoe
          Sunset over Lincoln
          Clackamas over Lake Oswego
          Tigard over Barlow

Comment

That Wind!

Just took a brief walk outside, and that wind is a howlin'!

Should make for some interesting soccer tonight.
            Can't wait to hear the stories of wind-aided goals/non-goals/bad passing.

Reminds me of an NFL game years ago where a field goal attempt looked
            well on its way towards being good, then suddenly took a 90 degree turn
            and ended up on the sidelines.

May the wind be with you tonight!

Comment

Down fall of Lake Oswego soccer

In recent years high school soccer in LO land has been dismal. I don't recall Lake O or Lakeridge being much of a factor in 6A soccer. LO youth club soccer is always decent but doesn't seem to translate to much success at the high school level. Are the youth teams filled with non-LO players? It would be good to get LO parents to chime in.
              On the other hand you have Tualatin/Sherwood high schools dominating year in/year out. Also the Westview and Sunset programs also are successful mainly due to successful FC and Thusc youth programs.
              Thoughts???

Comment

Coaching

Comment

Coaching
                  Not even close. Coaching is mostly irrelevant in high school. It's the players coming in that make the program. LO soccer club is way overrated in terms of producing and cultivating talent.

Comment

In recent years high school soccer in LO land has been dismal. I don't recall Lake O or Lakeridge being much of a factor in 6A soccer. LO youth club soccer is always decent but doesn't seem to translate to much success at the high school level. Are the youth teams filled with non-LO players? It would be good to get LO parents to chime in.
                    On the other hand you have Tualatin/Sherwood high schools dominating year in/year out. Also the Westview and Sunset programs also are successful mainly due to successful FC and Thusc youth programs.
                    Thoughts???
                    Entitlement. I have seem and heard way too many Mom's giving coaches an earful to place their daughter on the club's A team even though she wasn't deserving. I have seen the same Mom's make sure their daughters make the Varsity. Coaches crumble

Comment

Two huge games tomorrow

Tualatin over Westview. This should be close, maybe 2-1 to the Wolves.
                      Jesuit over Sherwood, big 3-0. Jesuit will welcome Sherwood to the 6A.

Thursday- 6A finals rematch. I predict Sunset 3- Tualatin 1

Comment

Tualatin over Westview. This should be close, maybe 2-1 to the Wolves.
                        Jesuit over Sherwood, big 3-0. Jesuit will welcome Sherwood to the 6A.

Thursday- 6A finals rematch. I predict Sunset 3- Tualatin 1
                        You will be 0 for 3. Westview or Grant or the best teams in 6A. Sherwood handles Jesuit easily and Tualatin wins in a close one

Comment

Entitlement. I have seem and heard way too many Mom's giving coaches an earful to place their daughter on the club's A team even though she wasn't deserving. I have seen the same Mom's make sure their daughters make the Varsity. Coaches crumble
                          Do you work for the NSA or do you just easedrop on everyone. You sure do get around. Are you stalking all of these so called soccer moms you over hear all the time?

Comment

You will be 0 for 3. Westview or Grant or the best teams in 6A. Sherwood handles Jesuit easily and Tualatin wins in a close one
                            Thanks Westview parent.

Comment

Thoughts???
                              I seem to remember a parent from Lakeridge telling me a few years ago that their HS team is picked and players play based on seniority. The juniors and seniors made varsity and played regardless if they were the best players on the team. Maybe it was LO. Sorry if my facts are wrong, but I do remember them saying it was based on seniority not actual merit.

Comment

Also, the way it worked at Wilson. Not the way to run a winning program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X