Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look, we know the 1st 2-3 yrs of ENCL will be tough..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If the fees, including travel, are covered for ECNL then why are you hating ECNL so much. There should be no issues then since the costs are covered and only idiots are paying full price.
    Wait, what do you mean? Are there people getting their costs covered? Needs based or talent based?

Comment

Wait, what do you mean? Are there people getting their costs covered? Needs based or talent based?
      Does it matter? Isn't this big girl soccer? Please stay at your TA club and keep funding the Timbers war on youth soccer...

Comment

What are you talking about? I am paying for all of our travel and someone made reference to subsidies. I just want to know if it is for travel. The scholarships I thought were only for training fees.

Comment

So basically if I have a daughter who is a sophomore I should just put those ECNL fees into her 529 plan? If it is going to be 3-4 years she will be graduated and in college before OR ECNL gets there.

So $8,000 x 3 would be flushed? That $24,000 could be a term, or a year if college.

I'm not sure I want my girl to be the guinea pig...
          Risk/reward. We have to make those decisions every day. You don't always have as much information as you want.

Comment

What are you talking about? I am paying for all of our travel and someone made reference to subsidies. I just want to know if it is for travel. The scholarships I thought were only for training fees.
            Ask your ECNL coach / DOC. Pretty easy.

Comment

Ask your ECNL coach / DOC. Pretty easy.
              They didn't say anything about covering travel costs. I'd be embarrassed to bring it up unless I knew they were doing it for other families.

Comment

They didn't say anything about covering travel costs. I'd be embarrassed to bring it up unless I knew they were doing it for other families.
                Is your daughter top 2% talent level?

Comment

Volunteer to be manager. They are paying for the manager to go. Then you get to see her play and don't have to pay. You do have to organize the team meals however, but how difficult is it to go pick up Subway a couple of times a day?

Comment

Volunteer to be manager. They are paying for the manager to go. Then you get to see her play and don't have to pay. You do have to organize the team meals however, but how difficult is it to go pick up Subway a couple of times a day?
                    I never thought about that! Thank you.

By the way, I thought Subway wasn't very good.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...andwich-n77991

Comment

I never thought about that! Thank you.

By the way, I thought Subway wasn't very good.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...andwich-n77991
                      I hope you volunteered quickly since there was a rush to do it from people who didn't want to pay for travel. All of these years, these parents didn't want to be a manager yet when you trhow a little monetary incentive out there, they find that all of the hurdles that kept them from doing it years ago have now vanished.

Comment

I hope you volunteered quickly since there was a rush to do it from people who didn't want to pay for travel. All of these years, these parents didn't want to be a manager yet when you trhow a little monetary incentive out there, they find that all of the hurdles that kept them from doing it years ago have now vanished.
                        If they cover my travel costs darn right I will be the manager! That's a huge cost savings.

Comment

If they cover my travel costs darn right I will be the manager! That's a huge cost savings.
                          No kidding. Freeloading on the rest of the parents, quite the gig.

Comment

It would only be a cost savings if you plan to travel to away games. Your DD cost are the same.

Comment

It would only be a cost savings if you plan to travel to away games. Your DD cost are the same.
                              My daughter U17 coach allowed her to be the team manager so her travel cost will be covered.

Comment

No kidding. Freeloading on the rest of the parents, quite the gig.
                                This is the only way TA parents will participate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X