Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was taking a break from the twins I picked up.
    And their names were Juan and Jose.

Comment

I was taking a break from the twins I picked up.
      The Palmer Twins?

Comment

Originally posted by Overlap View Post
        Reading the ECNL merger announcement for Crossfire Premiere and Seattle United I was struck by the last sentence where they said that price to participate would drop from $5,500 to $4,900. Now I image that is the price for the 14 & 18 age groups and the 15,16 and 17's pay more to reflect their additional travel but still that is a far cry from the numbers the local clubs are asking players to absorb.

When I read that I wondered if the people who are resistant to the ECNL locally would have the same objection if it was just $1,100 more than what the Thorns are offering for a blended team?

So what is the price break point for our local market? I know there people in this chat room who hate individual coaches and even entire clubs but on a "conceptual" basis is $5,000 the magic number?
        This is an easy question to answer.

You don't need ecnl to get to college....if that is your goal you don't need it.

Comment

This is an easy question to answer.

You don't need ecnl to get to college....if that is your goal you don't need it.
          Using your logic your DD should not bother with the Academy, ODP or a traveling team then!

The question was what "price" not what is your goal.

We will mark you down as a head in the sand parent with reading comprehension challenges.

Comment

Using your logic your DD should not bother with the Academy, ODP or a traveling team then!

The question was what "price" not what is your goal.

We will mark you down as a head in the sand parent with reading comprehension challenges.
            A mark you as a jerk wad who asks questions only wanting one specific answer and then insults the responders when you don't get it.

Comment

A mark you as a jerk wad who asks questions only wanting one specific answer and then insults the responders when you don't get it.
              A joe to run by the only thing you think hear the sound dog fly and that just gets your turf in a rut.

Comment

If you want girls bad enough, make it free and provide non- taxable benefits to their parents that avoid detection if they can possibly jeopardize eligibility because that wouldn't be fair to the kids that you are recruiting.

Comment

A joe to run by the only thing you think hear the sound dog fly and that just gets your turf in a rut.
                  What?

Comment

Not a specific answer/figure but a range. That's why there are right and wrong answers to questions.

The question was intended find the point at which parents perceived the cost to match the value of the soccer experience!

I see you don't understand the purpose of probing questions to advance the discussion!

Comment

What?
                      I think "A joe to run by the only thing you think hear the sound dog fly and that just gets your turf in a rut."
                      translates to
                      "I need coffee before my morning run, and my ipod is broken so I hear dogs barking as I jog around the path"
                      ???

Comment

Not a specific answer/figure but a range. That's why there are right and wrong answers to questions.

The question was intended find the point at which parents perceived the cost to match the value of the soccer experience!

I see you don't understand the purpose of probing questions to advance the discussion!
                        $2000 for year round training, 2 - 4 days a week. Then pay for traveling, depending on whatever events she gets asked to play in. That seems fair. If down the road they get sponsorship(s) and the price comes down as expected, it will be a bonus.

Comment

I think "A joe to run by the only thing you think hear the sound dog fly and that just gets your turf in a rut."
                          translates to
                          "I need coffee before my morning run, and my ipod is broken so I hear dogs barking as I jog around the path"
                          ???
                          http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...ape-selfie.jpg

Comment

Free

by

Tom Peterson

Comment

Why not all of youth soccer

Free

by

Tom Peterson
                              If we applied the "logic" of the anti ECNL crowd even the Academy is too much considering what you are getting.

Matter of fact according to their opinion of the local coaches ALL of Local premier soccer should be free!

Comment

If we applied the "logic" of the anti ECNL crowd even the Academy is too much considering what you are getting.

Matter of fact according to their opinion of the local coaches ALL of Local premier soccer should be free!
                                At least that is the opinion OPL shares of their clubs...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X