Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Awesome, we went from being the worst soccer playing country in the world to the best in a matter of seconds. We can now say Messe and Rhonaldo are "American" like us. We should start discussing how the Europeans can play soccer like "us".
    I guess you also fail in English.
    The world used is "divided in 3 parts" not toghether.
    We still suck in soccer

Comment

The world America was given by Americo Vespucio who was the one toghether with Christopher Columbus that discover America, not USA. [I]'m not smart ass I just went to college, I bet you don't
      Amerigo Vespucci (March 9, 1454 – February 22, 1512) was an Italian explorer, navigator and cartographer. The continent of America is popularly believed to have derived its name from the feminized Latin version of his first name.

Columbus never thought Vespucci had tried to steal his laurels, and in 1505 he wrote his son, Diego, saying of Amerigo, "It has always been his wish to please me; he is a man of good will; fortune has been unkind to him as to others; his labors have not brought him the rewards he in justice should have."

Comment

Amerigo Vespucci (March 9, 1454 – February 22, 1512) was an Italian explorer, navigator and cartographer. The continent of America is popularly believed to have derived its name from the feminized Latin version of his first name.

Columbus never thought Vespucci had tried to steal his laurels, and in 1505 he wrote his son, Diego, saying of Amerigo, "It has always been his wish to please me; he is a man of good will; fortune has been unkind to him as to others; his labors have not brought him the rewards he in justice should have."
        This is funny for the fact people usually try to turn this place into an English class. Somehow you two have mangaed to make it a History class!!

Comment

I guess you also fail in English.
          The world used is "divided in 3 parts" not toghether.
          We still suck in soccer
          Did you mean to say "Geography"? Two different subjects, but they probably don't teach that in your "America".

Comment

Your Changing the subject !!!!

This is funny for the fact people usually try to turn this place into an English class. Somehow you two have mangaed to make it a History class!!
            ODP is not going anywhere as well as the academies , if they don't change the way the coaches look for players. Most of the coaches look with players with money.......

Comment

Originally posted by EL Matador View Post
              It is my feeling ODP is dying a slow death. The effectiveness of that antiquated system has been greatly diminished by the creation of the US Developmental Academies. ODP has taken a broadside hit and its still recoiling from the shot. ODP is desperate, and they either have to adapt or fall the way of the dinosaur. You need look no further then the FYSA website. Promotion /Advertising of Pre-ODP camps is a tell tale sign. It wont be long before you see U10/U11 Pre-ODP Academies
              Spot on ! Well done.

Comment

When you see players advancing in the ODP staging
                that are very weak, practicing 2 times a week you have to guess
                is it only about the money? 3 hours a week of soccer ?

Comment

Many Top clubs do not even stress trying out because it is an interference to club and tournament play.

Comment

Many Top clubs do not even stress trying out because it is an interference to club and tournament play.
                    ODP is a joke. Overrated. No need to try-out

Comment

ODP is very political but do not fool yourself, it helps a great deal in getting scholarships.

Many players go to big schools on Scholarships or get into major academic schools because of ODP. Many of these players never see the field especially after the freshman year when coaches realize the talent is not there.

Comment

ODP is a means of getting $$$ for the state office. It could be good if they would cut the politics. Each state handles it differently...but those states with heavy club involvement (eg ODP coaches are also club coaches) often enough select based on the players club. In this respect it is a complete joke. It doesn't mean the don't pick good players, but it does mean they don't always pick the best/most deserving players.

Comment

Agree 150%, only good for a resume . The rest is BS.

Comment

Agree 150%, only good for a resume . The rest is BS.

Also agree. I've seen the best of players passed on because they don't play for the right club.

Comment

The problem is there is no reason for anyone except the A team selected to leave florida. Its too expensive to go out of state for a camp when there is no chance of making the region pool.

Comment

As a small college coach, I can tell you that ODP does NOTHING for getting me to look at players. ( I can't speak for my peers ). The whole system is too political and I question whether the "Best" players are actually being chosen. I would rather use my limited recruiting time and budget to go to a high level tournament

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X