Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have seen coaches quit because they have been driven out by the parents. The club responds by standing by the coach, and not replacing the coach, and then the players move to a new club the next year.

That is how good clubs become horrible clubs that nobody wants to go to anymore. Ignore your customers, and you will lose them.
    OR they stand by their employees if they feel the customer is wrong or not worth the trouble. Clubs shouldn't cave to every parent whim - that also turns them into horrible clubs.

See how it can work both ways? Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

Comment

OR they stand by their employees if they feel the customer is wrong or not worth the trouble. Clubs shouldn't cave to every parent whim - that also turns them into horrible clubs.

Absolutely, you can certainly not please everyone. There are two parents for every kid (more or less) and if you have 500 kids in your club, you have 1000 different opinions. The clubs must take a look at it in a case by case basis, but they can certainly not please everyone.

Comment

I'm so glad to now be at a club that doesn't put up with parent nonsense. Many have tried beleive me (my kid should play an age up because he's brilliant, my kid should be on the A team, my kid isn't getting enough PT, I'm going to yell at the refs because the refs suck....you've all seen it) But the club has clearly stated policies and they stick to them. I've been at clubs that let parents (always just a few that ruin it for everyone else) get too much power or turn to nasty games and politics, and it sucks. Coaches are also scrutinized and those that don't pass muster don't come back the next year. It's all about good management.

Comment

I'm so glad to now be at a club that doesn't put up with parent nonsense. Many have tried beleive me (my kid should play an age up because he's brilliant, my kid should be on the A team, my kid isn't getting enough PT, I'm going to yell at the refs because the refs suck....you've all seen it) But the club has clearly stated policies and they stick to them. I've been at clubs that let parents (always just a few that ruin it for everyone else) get too much power or turn to nasty games and politics, and it sucks. Coaches are also scrutinized and those that don't pass muster don't come back the next year. It's all about good management.
          So your not from Florida then?

Comment

Love the experts

Blame the kids, blame the parents, blame the coach, blame the club...love all the opinions.

I don't really know why he quit. I believe he had a disagreement with a parent because a parent quit the team and then the coach announced that he was quitting (not to the players).

The club initially said they could not find a new coach and would not release any players. That's when I sent an email to FYSA and read the rules and bylaws. On the advice here, I emailed USYSA.

Today I got an email from the club stating that a coach could not be found and they would release my son. Through talking to a parent at another club there might be an opportunity for him to guest play with a team for the remainder of the year. I am hoping it will give my son a chance to make some connections before tryouts.

I didn't want to name the club because I was still hoping they would do the right thing, which it looks like they are doing.

Comment

Blame the kids, blame the parents, blame the coach, blame the club...love all the opinions.

I don't really know why he quit. I believe he had a disagreement with a parent because a parent quit the team and then the coach announced that he was quitting (not to the players).

The club initially said they could not find a new coach and would not release any players. That's when I sent an email to FYSA and read the rules and bylaws. On the advice here, I emailed USYSA.

Today I got an email from the club stating that a coach could not be found and they would release my son. Through talking to a parent at another club there might be an opportunity for him to guest play with a team for the remainder of the year. I am hoping it will give my son a chance to make some connections before tryouts.

I didn't want to name the club because I was still hoping they would do the right thing, which it looks like they are doing.
              If you club releases your child, he CANNOT guest play anywhere. He can become a member at another club (i.e., pay whatever fees they require), but he cannot guest play without being a member of a club.

Comment

So your not from Florida then?
                My favorite talking soccer post ever. Well done!

Comment

This club sounds like paradise. Care to give up the secret I would love my kid to play and more importantly the parents to play under these enforced rules. Please tell us the club.

Comment

An option: if you find a club you like/could be good fit but they have no spots, ask to pay less and be a practice only player. It's a good way for both sides to see if there's potential there. And sometimes either because of injury or bad timing with conflicts teams can be short and practice players get called up.

Comment

This club sounds like paradise. Care to give up the secret I would love my kid to play and more importantly the parents to play under these enforced rules. Please tell us the club.
                      No it's West Pines United U13 Black

Comment

What a load of crap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X