Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one is arguing. Just having a civil conversation (at least I am) and giving my opinion having seen a few of those teams play.
    It's U11 soccer. Come back in two years and you'll see a very different landscape. Arguing/discussing who is #1 is absurd enough, but the bonehead who started the thread is king of the stupidity hill.

Comment

It's U11 soccer. Come back in two years and you'll see a very different landscape. Arguing/discussing who is #1 is absurd enough, but the bonehead who started the thread is king of the stupidity hill.
      I agree "trash talking" u11 girls soccer is pretty effin stupid. But I don't find anything wrong with giving our opinions about who may or may not be the better teams in this age group or any other age group for that matter. In the end, isn't it all just talking, making observations, shooting the sh**, so to speak.

Comment

Isn't this the same weekend as disney president's day? Wouldn't you rather play teams from out of state rather than the same FL teams as always?

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teaml...=Apply+Filters
        Watch out for Miami Premier out of that group

Comment

Sunrise will be in Naples this weekend with other top 10 teams - where are you?
          Good luck this weekend. We played your team a couple times last year and I really liked what I saw from your squad.

Comment

Sunrise will be in Naples this weekend with other top 10 teams - where are you?
            Unfortunately for you we will be at the Kelme Cup as well. We will see you on the pitch Saturday afternoon

Comment

Isn't this the same weekend as disney president's day? Wouldn't you rather play teams from out of state rather than the same FL teams as always?

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teaml...=Apply+Filters
              agreed it should be 1)Disney 2)Weston Cup the rest are rec tournaments. Playing in the jupiter tournament is a waste of time and money. Don't want to go to Disney then Weston , it is a plus since it's local not having to drive for a REC tournament.

Comment

agreed it should be 1)Disney 2)Weston Cup the rest are rec tournaments. Playing in the jupiter tournament is a waste of time and money. Don't want to go to Disney then Weston , it is a plus since it's local not having to drive for a REC tournament.
                Maybe the other way around - the teams at Disney are weak. Boca's second team is the highest Florida team in that division

Comment

Maybe the other way around - the teams at Disney are weak. Boca's second team is the highest Florida team in that division
                  Disney is by far the weakest of the two.

Comment

Hey Sunrise I heard you rather play the weak arse Jupiter tournament then face us at the Weston Tournament.
                    ?

sunrsie already beat tbu at disney in november......why would they be scared???

i agree that playing in the jupiter cup is a waste of time and all local teams should be attending the weston cup.

ac delray is the team to beat at this age group

Comment

Advice for young parents

Having and older girl who is in the twilight of her career I find it sad that this thread was even created. As she prepares to go play in college I can look back to all the good times that our parents and kids have had.

I also remember thread after thread of nasty, hateful comments going back and forth about her coaches, club, team, parents and players on TS over many years.

She is a member of one of the last remaining top teams in her age group and fortunately we very rarely read any of that stuff posted anymore.

The college opportunities for her and her teammates have been truly incredible. Many lives have been changed due to her and her team staying together through thick and thin despite all of the anger, hate and jealousy directed toward them.

If all of you could just take the advice of a parent who has truly come close to seeing it all, (even though I have made all of the same mistakes times ten that I am warning you about), I can safely say that you should just enjoy your kids, support your club, coach and team.

If your club, coach or team isn't best suited for your child by all means make the switch but whatever you do DON'T get started down the ugly path of the negative side of Talking Soccer!

sunrsie already beat tbu at disney in november......why would they be scared???

i agree that playing in the jupiter cup is a waste of time and all local teams should be attending the weston cup.

ac delray is the team to beat at this age group

Comment

Having and older girl who is in the twilight of her career I find it sad that this thread was even created. As she prepares to go play in college I can look back to all the good times that our parents and kids have had.

I also remember thread after thread of nasty, hateful comments going back and forth about her coaches, club, team, parents and players on TS over many years.

She is a member of one of the last remaining top teams in her age group and fortunately we very rarely read any of that stuff posted anymore.

The college opportunities for her and her teammates have been truly incredible. Many lives have been changed due to her and her team staying together through thick and thin despite all of the anger, hate and jealousy directed toward them.

If all of you could just take the advice of a parent who has truly come close to seeing it all, (even though I have made all of the same mistakes times ten that I am warning you about), I can safely say that you should just enjoy your kids, support your club, coach and team.

If your club, coach or team isn't best suited for your child by all means make the switch but whatever you do DON'T get started down the ugly path of the negative side of Talking Soccer!
                        Official Best Post Ever on Talking Soccer.

Comment

Official Best Post Ever on Talking Soccer.
                          Greatest Post Ever?

She could of written the post without having to brag about her kid and her "Top" team. Next time try to make your point without sounding just like the rest of the people on this site that love to say their kid is the best to ever lace them up. But I guess she just needed to let us all know that she has seen it all.

Comment

Greatest Post Ever?

She could of written the post without having to brag about her kid and her "Top" team. Next time try to make your point without sounding just like the rest of the people on this site that love to say their kid is the best to ever lace them up. But I guess she just needed to let us all know that she has seen it all.
                            Look how you somehow found a way to tear down someone making a positive helpful post.
                            YOU....and people exactly like YOU are why this site is so poisonous. The sad thing is you are also on a sideline. We all wished you only existed in cyberspace. The pathetic thing is that you are actually an adult. There is help available.

Comment

Greatest Post Ever?

The proper phrase is "could have" (or could've), not "could of". Like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Other than that I tend to agree that the post was a little over the top. ..."Many lives have been changed", "truly come close to seeing it all"... Oh, please.

I too have a daughter soon to be playing D1 college soccer, and I too could voice a lot of the same emotions, but I see TS as simply entertainment. If you can't stand to see every post twisted and thrown back in your face, then just don't participate. It's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. The kids are still just playing soccer after all, they know the parents are all nuts.

Comment

The proper phrase is "could have" (or could've), not "could of". Like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Other than that I tend to agree that the post was a little over the top. ..."Many lives have been changed", "truly come close to seeing it all"... Oh, please.

I too have a daughter soon to be playing D1 college soccer, and I too could voice a lot of the same emotions, but I see TS as simply entertainment. If you can't stand to see every post twisted and thrown back in your face, then just don't participate. It's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. The kids are still just playing soccer after all, they know the parents are all nuts.
                                CORRECT on all points!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X