Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The worse refs are the either fat or lazy (or both) who can't get up and down the field and make calls from 60 yards away on plays that would be hard to call from 10 yards away.

refs should have a fitness test every 6 months
    how about the refs that is 70 yrs old wearing glasses thick as a coke bottle bottom ,pray for the best

Comment

how about the refs that is 70 yrs old wearing glasses thick as a coke bottle bottom ,pray for the best
      Better than fatdad wearing his Barcelona shirt shouting "possession" then complaining all the other team does is play kick ball. Then when you lose you swear your team hit the post 50 times and they only won because off offsides, which of course was a bad call even though you were watching your kid, probably questioning why he's sucking today.

Comment

Why does everybody always want TOP refs? Hell even my son complains about the refs.

My answer to him is always, " why do you think you rate a top REF, when your not a top player"

ps. You have a ****ty REF because your skills are ****ty...

Comment

Last time I checked there are more HORRIBLE players than there are REFS...

Comment

hmmm lets see not physical test requirements , eye exam ? not wonder refs suck so bad.how about age restrictions ,some have been refs since pele time

Comment

How about, instead, being just a bit grateful that the 70 year old and the fat guy are out there in the heat listening to you all complain, so that your kids can have the opportunity to play a sanctioned match?!

I've posted this on another thread before .. Although I freely admit that there are some lazy and incompetent referees out there, in my 15 years of refereeing competitive soccer (youth and adult) (now 16 years), I have found the lazy and incompentent to be few and far between. Most of the referees I have worked with are both competent and dedicated, many are very good and quite a few are excellent.

Comment

Refs are fine, the problem is uneducated, clueless parents that never played and don't know the rules. Add on the win at all cost mentality and blame everyone but ourselves culture. Parents should have to sit and watch behind a glass wall.
                Those type of parents take away the enjoyment of the game with their yelling and rude behavior. I believe the coaches should take the time to educate their parents to the rules of the game. I have seen parents go ballistic because they believed the ref would not stop the opponent from "pushing" their baby. They truly don't know when it is an infraction and when it is a legal part of the game. They don't don't know what constitute off sides. Education for the parents and ongoing training for the refs, who for the most part do a great job, would go along way in making the soccer experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Comment

If you make any call, at least one side gets mad. If you don't make the call, both sides gets mad. You can't win..... Players dive and coaches support it and parents scream bloody murder on the sidelines. Every time the ball goes out, both teams call for it and get mad if they don't get it. I see coaches with no angle whatsoever to make any type of call screaming from 50 yards away.

So the problem seems to be that there is ZERO INTEGRITY on the sidelines. Too much pressure to win has made coaches, parents and players unreasonable, disrespectful and impossible. Nothing suites them unless they get 100% of the calls. And they are all saints....never commit a foul whatsoever, never. Ever. Ever. So the ref must be wrong all the time.

I agree, there are some bad refs usually because they know nothing of the nuances of the game and have never played at a high level. But the problem really is integrity. It's ok to scream for every ball and berate the ref...that is acceptable. LOL. But for the ref to make a judgement call that anyone disagrees with....well... kill the referee.

Comment

There is a massive shortage of referees in all sports in America.
                    Because of the high number of jerk parents. (and some coaches and players too).

Referees are not paid particularly well. They have to do a lot to even be certified. Lay out a few hundred dollars before you start, so that you can make pocket change, and get harassed.

Honestly, it is beyond me why anyone in their right mind would want to referee and American youth sport.

There is not one ounce of sportsmanship, gratefulness, or grace that comes from parents. There is only grief and aggravation.

Referees work hard to do their best, and all they get is snarky crap from ungrateful jerk parents.

You want better referees? The first step is to make it a job that people respect.

Comment

Those type of parents take away the enjoyment of the game with their yelling and rude behavior. I believe the coaches should take the time to educate their parents to the rules of the game. I have seen parents go ballistic because they believed the ref would not stop the opponent from "pushing" their baby. They truly don't know when it is an infraction and when it is a legal part of the game. They don't don't know what constitute off sides. Education for the parents and ongoing training for the refs, who for the most part do a great job, would go along way in making the soccer experience more enjoyable for everyone.
                      if a parent is a distraction in this way, the coach should remove the parent, for the good of the team. parent should not run unto the field either.

parent are a total mess. I am one of them but make a great effort not to bother my kids. If I feel my nerves are getting the better of me, I stand away from the action.

Comment

if a parent is a distraction in this way, the coach should remove the parent, for the good of the team. parent should not run unto the field either.

parent are a total mess. I am one of them but make a great effort not to bother my kids. If I feel my nerves are getting the better of me, I stand away from the action.
                        They should, but they don't. In most cases.

Comment

I have to stand away from a great deal of parents as they are just jerks on the soccer field. For some reason they turn into maniacs once they hit the soccer field.

How many times a game do you hear some dork parent yell hand ball. Or complain about an off-side call when they do not have an angle to see it.

Do refs miss calls and screw some up? Sure they do and they generally screw them up equally for both sides. Who cares no one will remember the majority of these games in 5 years when they are playing soccer at 16 and 17.

Parents please stop blaming the refs or the other team cheating for your childs (and my childs loss). Had they scored more goals they would have won. Take the refs out of the game....

Comment

I have to stand away from a great deal of parents as they are just jerks on the soccer field. For some reason they turn into maniacs once they hit the soccer field.

How many times a game do you hear some dork parent yell hand ball. Or complain about an off-side call when they do not have an angle to see it.

Do refs miss calls and screw some up? Sure they do and they generally screw them up equally for both sides. Who cares no one will remember the majority of these games in 5 years when they are playing soccer at 16 and 17.

Parents please stop blaming the refs or the other team cheating for your childs (and my childs loss). Had they scored more goals they would have won. Take the refs out of the game....
                            There is no reason to accept the inconsistency in referees,I have seen too many games to think the majority of referees are doing a good job. that being said I think the refereeing is improving.

Comment

There is no reason to accept the inconsistency in referees
                              Cut me a break, blow hard.
                              What is your plan to get consistent refereeing - yell like as ass at some teenage ref.

You want better refs, then take the damn class and get involved yourself.
                              So easy to stand on the sideline and do nothing, and complain like a child.

Parents are the worst part of youth sports !!

Comment

Cut me a break, blow hard.
                                What is your plan to get consistent refereeing - yell like as ass at some teenage ref.

You want better refs, then take the damn class and get involved yourself.
                                So easy to stand on the sideline and do nothing, and complain like a child.

Parents are the worst part of youth sports !!
                                My kids will take the referee test when they are 12. There is a need for referees and it will help their soccer game. I am sure they will catch hell from parents. Too bad the refs can't yell back at the parents that would be funny

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X