Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL wff

Sad the decline since last season. Kids getting discouraged. Launching out dirty laundry not a bad thing in my world. Fixes stuff. Unless LL involved at WFF. And kissing standard ass. Guessing that is the fish I caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Agreed. That's why I'm perplexed why idiots come on here to air out dirty laundry.
      But your here, so are you the leader?

Comment

lost one/dip ****

Again, "bone head"....what do you gain by getting on TS? Do you think board members or DOC's make coaching changes based off TS suggestions? Like I said earlier, grow up
        no I don't on both of what you have said. But I would guess that if your kid is at the stake of a jacked up club, director, or coach you would make some sort of statement regardless of outlet.. u am assuming you are die hard WFF for God what knows number of kiss ass reasons. Ultimately. Whether you like it or not the kids individually and as a team have gone to crap. College coaches have noticed as well.

Comment

Hey. But he definitely has cheese to sell everyone!

Comment

Yoyo doesn't care anyway. So why go to him. This guy can't coach period. 15 team is 4 and 12!!! 17 team is 4 and 11 and 1. Both teams are talented. This is a coaching problem. 100%. It's now a director problem. Any professional coach would be fired for better results than this.

Comment

People are still bitter from last year. Getting cut, getting dropped to 14's. Same folks that send emails to the board bitching instead of addressing it. Move on.

Comment

Move on. Really. Some cheese selling wanna be soccer convict rolls into town and yoyo gives everything to him without doing a background check or test his coaching ability. How foolish. This has nothing to do with cutting or moving players. This has everything to do with coaching ability. This coach doesn't care about anything but making money and bragging about how great he is or was! He is a show off at practice and it's all about his ego. He can't coach!!!!!
                Now it's obvious yoyo can't lead or direct a club.

Comment

The immaturity of the parents on this team partially explains the teams problems(not fully of course) and airing dirty laundry on TS is just another manifestation of that immaturity.

Comment

Stop with the bashing, the above poster is right. I don't think this is the right place either for all of the frustration. The girls will be the only ones effected by this type of conversation if all this gets around, which it surely already has. Just hold on tight, change is a coming. My New Year's hope is the new ED is hired fast and does an impartial evaluation of his/her coaching staff by talking to all parties when he sees performance discrepencies. I hope the ED then works to hire performance tested and developmentally strong coaches for all of our competitive teams at all campuses without looking at the size of his/her license first. Passion for the game and passion for coaching are 2 totally different things like one of the first couple of posters eluded. Finally, some of this conversation IS those left behind instigating through rumor or research here on TS or elsewhere. TBU is also watching and listening and waiting too.. Hold tight.

Comment

The immaturity of the parents on this team partially explains the teams problems(not fully of course) and airing dirty laundry on TS is just another manifestation of that immaturity.
                      Really. The parents are the problem? The parents have remained constant. The team added several top players and is better than it was last year!!! They were winning last year with a weaker team and everyone including the parents were getting along. What has changed? Only one thing has changed. That is the coach.

He needs to be fired and replaced. All of them need to be replaced.

Cheese for sale?

Comment

There are many issues with the WFF ECNL teams And coaches. Starting with the players, WFF ECNL is not attracting the top talent in the Tampa Bay area, plain and simple. TBU and select players from surrounding clubs are cutting into the talent pool due to the many issues going on at WFF. So you current WFF ECNL parents who are faulting the coaches and not the players better look out next season when better talent shows up for tryouts and could possibly take away roster spots. I would almost be willing to bet my house that spots 12 and above on the current teams will be changing next season.

This leads right into the current issues with the ECNL coaches and their director. For parents of talented youth soccer players, the coach that develops and coaches their daughter has to be one of the best in the area. There is no reason that they shouldn't be! That is the draw and the most important issue to the parents and youth soccer players, not only here, but around the country. Unfortunately, WFF does not have one coach that is respected by players and parents alike OUTSIDE of the club and throughout the Tampa Bay area. I hear it time and time again during conversations as they are known as "average" at best. A "crappy program". "A mess"! Now you guys are going to say I am biased, or my daughter did not make the team and I have a grudge, etc. For the sake of WFF coaches, I wish this were the case. They have zero credibility outside of the club and that is a shame!

Starting at the top of the list, YoYo has been a complete failure as director of the ECNL program. I know YoYo. He is a nice enough guy, but he is not a leader or a director in my opinion or in the opinions of many others in this area. I have spoken to parents from around the Bay area and EVERY parent I have spoken to has negative things to say about him and his coaches. They may be average coaches and I am sure many parents whose daughter's play for them now feel they are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. I am going to say those parents just do not know any better. Their daughter makes the ECNL team and they just assume these coaches are the best in the area. Unfortunately, this is not the case and actually far from it. Having average coaches and a average director has driven down the talent pool and the expectations of the areas top girl's soccer program. Average players should not make ECNL, and average coaches should not be coaching ECNL!

The BOD at WFF should be ashamed! They have had this program in a tailspin since the second year they started! The ECNL alum call the current WFF ECNL program a joke now. To me, this is saying that the current players from the area are talking to ECNL alum and letting them know how bad the program is at this time. Like, "Why are you playing at TBU and not playing ECNL? The answer, "Because WFF ECNL is horrible and their coach's suck!" You probably think I made that last statement up, but I actually just heard this over the Christmas holidays while my daughter was talking to some soccer friends!

So going forward, we can only hope that this merger between TBU and WFF will take care of the problems facing the ECNL program. WFF has the program and hopefully someone at TBU knows how to find a person to direct and recruit coaches AND players for the areas top girl's youth soccer program! The players deserve it, the parents deserve it, and Tampa Bay deserves it!

Comment

There are many issues with the WFF ECNL teams And coaches. Starting with the players, WFF ECNL is not attracting the top talent in the Tampa Bay area, plain and simple. TBU and select players from surrounding clubs are cutting into the talent pool due to the many issues going on at WFF. So you current WFF ECNL parents who are faulting the coaches and not the players better look out next season when better talent shows up for tryouts and could possibly take away roster spots. I would almost be willing to bet my house that spots 12 and above on the current teams will be changing next season.

This leads right into the current issues with the ECNL coaches and their director. For parents of talented youth soccer players, the coach that develops and coaches their daughter has to be one of the best in the area. There is no reason that they shouldn't be! That is the draw and the most important issue to the parents and youth soccer players, not only here, but around the country. Unfortunately, WFF does not have one coach that is respected by players and parents alike OUTSIDE of the club and throughout the Tampa Bay area. I hear it time and time again during conversations as they are known as "average" at best. A "crappy program". "A mess"! Now you guys are going to say I am biased, or my daughter did not make the team and I have a grudge, etc. For the sake of WFF coaches, I wish this were the case. They have zero credibility outside of the club and that is a shame!

Starting at the top of the list, YoYo has been a complete failure as director of the ECNL program. I know YoYo. He is a nice enough guy, but he is not a leader or a director in my opinion or in the opinions of many others in this area. I have spoken to parents from around the Bay area and EVERY parent I have spoken to has negative things to say about him and his coaches. They may be average coaches and I am sure many parents whose daughter's play for them now feel they are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. I am going to say those parents just do not know any better. Their daughter makes the ECNL team and they just assume these coaches are the best in the area. Unfortunately, this is not the case and actually far from it. Having average coaches and a average director has driven down the talent pool and the expectations of the areas top girl's soccer program. Average players should not make ECNL, and average coaches should not be coaching ECNL!

The BOD at WFF should be ashamed! They have had this program in a tailspin since the second year they started! The ECNL alum call the current WFF ECNL program a joke now. To me, this is saying that the current players from the area are talking to ECNL alum and letting them know how bad the program is at this time. Like, "Why are you playing at TBU and not playing ECNL? The answer, "Because WFF ECNL is horrible and their coach's suck!" You probably think I made that last statement up, but I actually just heard this over the Christmas holidays while my daughter was talking to some soccer friends!

So going forward, we can only hope that this merger between TBU and WFF will take care of the problems facing the ECNL program. WFF has the program and hopefully someone at TBU knows how to find a person to direct and recruit coaches AND players for the areas top girl's youth soccer program! The players deserve it, the parents deserve it, and Tampa Bay deserves it!
                          I am at WFF. I think the merger is good because there will be a combination of resources. I don't mean financial resources either. Coaching resources, player resources, facility resources, etc. There are so many issues on both sides of the fence and personally I think that Yoyo and C-La are excellent coaches. I have watched most of TBU teams play and most the ECNL teams play. The Disney Girls Showcase results for TBU are really bad. They are in lower flights and are performing really poorly. Their teams performed horribly against arguably worse competition then the ECNL teams face. Their U17 team that is one of their best teams has not won a single game against any ECNL opponent. They have played at least 6 opponents in ECNL without a single win 0-4-2!!! I can't even imagine what would happen if their weaker teams played in ECNL. If you don't believe me about TBU performance please see for yourself. http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?eventid=45989 The biggest problem IMO is divided resources (most notably player and coaching resources). I'm sure that there are enough good resources at both clubs (coaches and players) to put a good product on the field. I know a few things. To compete successfully in the ECNL you must consolidate the talent and the coaching. I don't believe that many of the TBU coaches really understand the increase in the level of competition that is the ECNL (Jim C of TBU u17s might have an idea as they are a top team in Florida, won state cup but can't beat a single ECNL team in 6 tries). MR and DV can't even win in Florida. My guess is C-La, Yoyo combined with JD and Kelvin. JP with strength and fitness training might be a good mixture. I don't know what will happen but I think we definitely need to mix the resources.

Comment

Just do your research. While I appreciate your anecdotal comments they are not scientific and are not based on results. Www.youthsoccerrankings.us. Compare all TBU and WFF teams. U11-U18. I think you'll be surprised with what you find.

Comment

Replace the Board

You are right on many accounts here but the board is not ashamed. They are the problem. Look at the board members that have been on the board since the merger. They are responsible for the lack of club integration and improvement in the ECNL League that was delivered to them thought he hard work of others. They have manipulate elections to act like no one is interested in doing the job, but it is a power issue for them. They do not know what they are doing with soccer at this level and they cannot let go and move on. Term limits were set and then ignored. Replace your board we people that understand soccer at a higher level (than rec) and then things will improve.

Comment

Results are results. Jp is a loser. Facts are in the stats. All parents on the 15 team want him gone. Tired if the lying. Tired of the bullying. Tired of the hypocrisy behind poor absolutely horrible coaching.

This showcase was the last straw. He ruined the opportunity for all of these great kids and families. They deserve a full refund.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X